Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS/STS-V: What's New for 2007?

Comments

• chavis10chavis10 Posts: 166
    I hope not. I has hoping the Northstar would be enlarged to 5.0L and maybe they'd supercharged. BTW, what will the new Z06 (LS6) engine be called??
  • mbukukanyaumbukukanyau Posts: 200
    Should move away from those pushrods. The LS Gen III engines are very advanced, do not get me wrong on technology, but Pushrods are not thought of highly in the market place.
    If they insist on an LS engine for STS V, they should go for the New generation 6.0 Liter LS6, upcoming Z06 Engine.
    However a Supercharged 5.0 Liter Northstar would be the way to go
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    Since there have been zero road tests on the STS I am curious to see if the STS has the superwide sills that my SRX has.
    it makes getting in and out of the car kind of difficult and I am 6'8"!
    You should see my 5'2" female friends slide int and out of it, dirtying up their pants in the process.
    Plus my rockers are already scratched up.
    Hope the sills are narrower on the STS.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Why has no one posted the prices yet? They're up on GMI...so I'll try and post it later.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,088
    Where are the prices -- URL please.
    Will have supercharged Northstar, not LS6.
    430 hp.
  • chavis10chavis10 Posts: 166
    V-6 starts under $41k and V-8 under $47.5k. Autoweek has the info as well as media.gm.com and many other sites.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat- _code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=02840920
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,530
    While the base prices are certainly interesting, I am also VERY interested to see exactly how options / packages are priced. And whether certain desirable options are only available as part of a package, not 'stand alone'.

We'll see.
    - Ray
    Still interested and intrigued . . .
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,088
    Yea, me too. It would seem that AWD -- if it is standalone -- should be $1,900 and the SRX individual option prices (which are listed on cadillac.com) "ought" to be similar -- but if Cadillac bundles $5,000 worth of "stuff" and all you really wanted was a V8 AWD and 18" wheels -- well that would tend to sour me.

On the other hand, if a package is less than the individual components of the package and both cherry picked and packaged versions were offered, well that would be the best of both worlds.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,360
    Any chance of a manual tranny?

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

Thanks for posting the link to the ordering info.!

Observations and comments - in random order

JL9 Brakes, 16” – huh?
    JE5 Brakes, 17”, performance – double huh??
    First – 16 / 17” what? 12 or 13” diameter disks are pretty large . . .
    Performance = referring to the front pads?

Q11 / Q12 Rear tires 20 mm wider than fronts . . .??

NR7 Steering wheel, leather-wrapped, HEATED! – Mark . . .
    or
    N31 Steering wheel, leather-wrapped with wood accents, HEATED, wood

G80 Limited slip differential – available in addition to some sort of electronic traction control?? And StabiliTrak. 1 (or 2, or 3 for the AWD version) diffs? And will it (they) be Torsen? Or some other? Fascinating.

NV7 Premium Steering Gear, ZF – available only with the 1SC (V6) or 1SG (V8)
    Very interested to know exactly what that means, also.

FE3 Magnetic Ride Control – Only of 1SF and 1SG (V8)

KB6 Seats, heated/ventilated, front – Got some now – LOVE ‘em!!

(RPO TBD) Performance Handling Package – 18” Michelin Pilot Sport Tires and performance front brake pads and linings. Only available with 1SG (V8). And what the heck does “and linings” mean? Have they included brake drums on the front as well???????????

UV6 Heads-Up Display – had one on a previous car, and enjoyed it a lot. Particularly with a display of ‘selected gear’ projected on the windshield (instead of only on the dash, where I have lived with it on my current and 2 previous cars with man-u-matic trans.) would be much appreciated.

All very interesting indeed.

R6W STS Demo Program – where do I sign?
    - Ray
    Still very interested . . .
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I've seen that in some JDM literature. When they say 17" brakes, they mean the largest caliper and rotor that'll fit inside a 17" rim.

Pretty vague, I know.

"and linings"...dunno, got me. Usually that refers to the pads, but they say "and" as if it's something else.

-juice
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Posts: 351
    The wide sills are a huge design flaw! Good thing it doesn't have side pipes ala Viper! Would be alot of leg burns out there.

Frankly, it astounds me that such a flaw got to production. Someone asleep at the wheel in an otherwise desireable vehicle...
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,593
    new STS in Autospies autoshow pics. The body looks good, a stretched tapered and smoothed over CTS. The interior though was disappointing IMHO.
    I would say it looked better than I imagined. Simple and elegant.
    Its amazing how many Asian Journalists or enthusiasts you see around the car.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    Went to the NY auto show and the Caddy rep said the STS will hit dealerships in August. Fully loaded it will hit about $62K which is cheaper than an overpriced E500 or 545i. He said the V6 AWD wont be available for a while. 0-60 on the V8 RWD should be 5.8secs according to him. He also said the 18" wheels you see in the pics wont make it too production. He some people have said they looks to "street", whatever that means. He said there will be a more elegant design on the production cars. All of the Caddy's were getting a lot of attention, especially the CTS-V (which you could sit in) and the ESV Platinum. For whatever reason Lexus and Audi had a lot of their cars locked.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Just read the Autoweek review, though it's not really new any more. They seem to like it. They found the interior a big step up from the CTS, which is encouraging.

I've only seen photos of the inside up to now.

-juice
    In conversation today with “my” ? Cadillac Personal Assistant, when I asked about the date for Job 1, he said start of production was scheduled for early June.

Can anyone confirm (or deny) this information from any other source?

Thanks,
    - Ray
    Hoping to sign up soon for RPO R6W - STS Demo Program . .
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    job 1 car??? I thought the first runs of cars were more for journalists and magazine testing. That is what they are doing with the 2005 Vette coming out of Bowling Green.

Give em a few chances to make sure they got it right. :)

-Paul
    The STS is the same chassis as the SRX. Which is the same as the CTS exept for a 3" longer wheelbase and some width.
    They actually build the SRX and CTS together.
    I have sen pics of the CTS and SRX following each other on the assembly line.

I doubt if there will be 2 many problems with the startup of the STS.
    They were building '04 CTSs last June. So I guess they can build '05 STSs.
    Job 1 (as I understand it now) is actually the first run of production vehicles for the model year. I believe that it used to refer to the first production unit down the line.

In any case, I am just curious when the new STS will likely start to show up in numbers at my local dealer. My guess is that if production is scheduled to begin in 6 – 8 weeks, then the press pre-production run is complete and in the hands of CD, R&T, etc. by now.

I was interested to read the weight difference between the V8 RWD and AWD of approx. 4230 - 3921 = over 300 #s.

And a GM expected 0-60 time of 5.8 for the RWD V8 – and 6.6 for the AWD version . . .

Link: http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat- _code=reviews&content_code=02729100

And further interested to see (last paragraph) a top price of $66K. Seems like a loooong way from $47K base price for the RWD V8 version to $66K!

- Ray
    Curiuos-er and curious-er . . .
    asian journalists around car???

You can see many journalists of different races around any new car at an auto show...
    I agree, But i though guys from overthe pacific seemed particularly intrested in the new American Luxo.
    Its something different from the Norm, Euro/Japanese concortions. It should do well with Yakuza if it ever goes on sale in Japan
    Ahh gotcha!

But the Japanese mafia using an STS? I dunno about that. Whenever I go to Asia, people say they drive Nissan Glorias.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    The guy at the auto show said a loaded STS will be 62K, not 66K and he said they will reach dealerships in August.
    62K isn't bad..
  • illiniillini Posts: 1
    In the list of colors for the 2005 STS I see Moonstone and Sand Storm. The other colors listed appear to be the same as the CTS.

What color is Moonstone?
    How about Sand Storm?
    I'm betting Sandstorm is probably beige.
    Is dark grey with a lot of metallics.
    This color is now on the SRX.
This discussion has been closed.