Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac STS/STS-V: What's New for 2007?

Comments

• mbukukanyaumbukukanyau Posts: 200
    Will this Sigma Heavy be for the DTS?
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    The Cadillac DTS goes on a Weight Watchers diet and goes from Sigma Heavy to Sigma Lite.. now it is the Catera. :)

-Paul
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    I don't know. I think theo will know.
  • theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    Sigma Heavy is the codename for the full-size 7-series fighter platform, and it can be stretched to make a Sixteen-sized car. ;)

Sigma Lite/Sigma Mass is Zeta.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,069
    . . .I am less enthusiastic about the new STS AWD. Why? Dealer says $62,500, email suggests less than $60K -- I'm thinking this car, based on nothing but 2d views and write ups here and there, is a great $50K car, but not a $59K car.

Acura SH AWD is looking better all the time, as is the Audi A6 for 05.

I've been wrong before, BTW.
    Remember the thing is bigger than a 5 series and btw a 5 and 7 Series. Wait until you see the thing and then judge it
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Couldn't that be said with all the new cars coming out???
  • nbfc260nbfc260 Posts: 7
    Does anybody know when the release date is? I heard it was June and when i spoke with my dealership regarding it they said they dont know when they will be getting them in the showrooms. Thanks for your help.
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Posts: 1,058
    They are scheduled to go on sale this fall.

Over the weekend I saw two of them on the road. A dark blue and a black one. They looked very nice. This is the first time I have seen them in person and you can definatley tell there is a difference from the CTS. The STS does have the same design but looks bigger and has softer edges. I wanted to turn around and get a better look but the better half wasn't interested.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    41 STSs built in May.
    21 built his week.

I would expect for STS's to be on dealer's lots around August.

The next step is for this thread to graduate to the "SEDANS" board.
  • svevarsvevar Posts: 160
    The Chrysler 300C is not classified as a truck; the Dodge Magnum (with its flat load floor) is. Both vehicles' mileage figures (17/25 with the HEMI V8) wouldn't subject them to the gas guzzler tax, anyway.

-- Mark
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,497
    My Personal Assistant (!) said last week that pricing would be released today.

Has anyone else heard that? Or anything different?

- Ray
    Wondering what a V8, 1SG, NAV, HUD and a heated steering wheel will list for . . .
    WOW.

It certainly includes lots of stuff (Sat Nav, heated and ventilated front seats, Xenon, Limited Slip, Performance Brakes, etc) - most all I would want, but . . .

And, as Mark said, this puts even a V8 RWD 1SG over $60K.

WOW.

- Ray
    WOW. . .
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Posts: 1,058
    Where are you finding the pricing???
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,069
    Please no boos or hisses, yet. . .blurb in new Motor Trend magazine about a Chrysler 300C AWD SRT-8 -- 425 or 435 HP, more sport, more lux stuff -- wanna bet it will NOT exceed $44K?

Point?

The Cadillac may be too expensive.

I think I'll go back to Audi and still keep my eye on the new Acura RL.

Perhaps Cadillac will just add AWD to the CTS -- one of my employees just got a CTS, and it is REALLY nice, and not even a CTS-v.
    "Where are you finding the pricing??? "

Since I had been told that the official pricing would be released on the 10th, I contacted my local dealer. Clueless.

So I sent an e-mail to my (?) Caddy Personal Assistant requesting only two things: 1SG pricing and HUD availability.

I expect that it will be on Edmunds and KBB - and on the Caddy web site shortly.
    - Ray
    Remembering when I could buy a pretty nice new (whole) car for $13K . . .
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I tried to find pricing info but it has not been posted yet.

I did find a site with all of the options.
    I am not at all happy with how Cadillac has bundled these options.

They have debundled options on both the CTS and SRX in response to criticism.

But haven't here.

Looks like you can't get the "Sport" package without buying the full on 1SC package(V6)

Can't get the 18" wheels on the V6 either.

The wood trim that they have shown in all the pics is OPTIONAL!

So I guess the base cars will have a sea of black trim on the center stack. Arrgh!

Go back to ala carte ordering Cadillac!

here is the site.

http://www.carprices.net/find_display/pricing_page.pl/Cadillac/ST- - S/STS_V6_RWD/2005/options.html?STS_V6_RWD=2005&Cadillac=STS
    “The Cadillac may be too expensive."

Exactly what GM wants. They would like to move only 30,000 Per Year of the STS world wide, push Cadillac upscale, towards the $100 K’s and make for Buick to go for low price luxury. It may be a good way to do it. You know, when you see a Cadillac, you will know what those people paid for it….. That is the Idea
  • nbfc260nbfc260 Posts: 7
    Here are the prices that i got from my personal asst. for the V8

standard V8 46,800
    1SE package 2,845
    1SF package 11,065
    1SG package 13,100
    AWD option 1,900
    Dest. Charge 695.00

You need to get the 1SG Package in order to get the AWD option that is the only way to get AWD. Basically if you add up the V8,1SG,AWD and Dest. the vehicle comes out to over 62,500. If anybody has anything else regarding prices let us know.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,330
    Hell, I remember when I could buy a pretty nice new Cadillac for $13K.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

This discussion has been closed.