Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,896
    When your dealer lets you walk away, then you are likely the lowest he will go.. Trying to match the very lowest price you see in the forum will be hard to do, unless you are willing to shop multiple dealers and expand your search parameters... For most people, that's not worth the hassle..

$27,100 is a pretty good price..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mvictormvictor Posts: 4
    i live in jersey got it in pa
    I would suggest shopping around other dealers. I called one dealer and said i was willing to pay 26500 and he said he would be losing money too. 27100 isnt too bad though if no other dealers have what your looking for
  • gprettgprett Posts: 12
    After going back and forth with emails, here is a lease quote I got today. Please let me know what you think:

2009 TSX
    36 months
    15,000 miles
    MF = .00280
    Residual = 19882.25
    $1400 due at signing
    $375/month (taxes included)

Dealer says the price is less than $100 over invoice. Can I do better than this??
    Haven't been to the dealer yet so if it's a good deal I hope they stick to it!
    Any feedback would be much appreciated.
  • Where did you get this deal? It seems really good to me...
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    You will never know if it is $100 over invoice unless he tells you what he is selling the car for. But of course salesman are 100% truthful so it shouldn't be a problem.

I had a salesman tell me he was selling me a car for $250 over invoice. But then he added a $254 Honda advertising fee and a $35 shipping price adjustment.
  • cabaretcabaret Posts: 4
    I was curious which dealer did you get this car? any what color exterior/interior?

I live in PA but brought in NJ, because only NJ game me 27000, PA all asked for 27700 for grey interior. (admore, west chester...)
  • sethnagasethnaga Posts: 50
    I am trying to decide between 08 TSX with Navi (28K OTD) and 08 TL with Navi. (32K OTD) Price wise they are apart by 4,000$ (Comparing out the door price)

I realize TL is bigger with better features/options. My questions is TL worth 4,000$ more than TL? Which is the best buy?

Thanks
  • sethnagasethnaga Posts: 50
    Based on what I read in your posting you have paid 26556+500 (Trade-in) +269 Prep fees which means your price is 27325 before tax tag and title. Right?
  • gprettgprett Posts: 12
    The deal is not quite done yet, but it is in wayne, NJ. Let's see how everything goes and I will get back to you with a full report. So you think there is more room to move or should I just jump on it now?
  • jmfdonejmfdone Posts: 4
    Hi,
    Sorry if this is not quite on topic but I am choosing between two cars and could use some advice. I am looking at certified used acuras. I have narrowed the selection down to two cars, quite different:

1) 2005 RL, loaded with NAV 39K miles. Outstanding condition (silver w. black interior) for $24880.

2) 2006 TSX also loaded w. NAV 30K miles. Again outstanding condition (black and black). price on this one $21 - 22K

Both have clean carfax reports.

I understand that the two cars are really different, but it either would be suitable for me. The dealer is urging me to go w. the RL saying it is a much better value and that it is much more car. I feel like either deal is pretty good. Does anyone have any input as to whether it truly is a no brainer? The other thing is that the dealer is presenting me with these cars at these prices because of a major error they committed and he claims that these deals (particularly the RL) is a great deal. Finally, the TL is not in the running because he does not have any certified ones with NAV and I really want NAV.
  • Well, the RL is a heck of a deal -- but is it too good a deal? You're likely getting it at or below their cost, but whenever a dealer says there is a "major error" it gets my guard up. Remember it costs a lot more to operate and maintain than a TSX does. My '06 TSX with 38K has cost only oil changes so far, and gets over 30mpg on the highway even here in Chicago. Your TSX deal seems much more fair. Check out prices for similar RL's in your area. If this one is way too low, there's likely to be a reason, so be careful.
    The two cars are similar deals... The TL deal might be a little better.. Both cars are being replaced with new models for '09...

Pick whichever one you like the best.. If you really like the TSX, buy it and save your $4000... Just because the TL is bigger and more powerful doesn't automatically make it "better".

Personally, I prefer smaller cars.. A great deal on a car you don't want is no bargain...

regards,
    kyfdx

• biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Take the newer cheaper car - if both satisfy your needs why would you pay more for a larger more expensive (and more expensive to maintain) car? Folks need to detach themselves from this "might as well" mentality.
  • jmfdonejmfdone Posts: 4
    Thanks. Went with the RL, mostly because its more family friendly and I have two kids w/ one more on the way. Excited. They are delivering the car tomorrow. I think once my kids are all out of car seats I will definitely give the TSX a try. Its a lot of fun to drive.

All in all think I got a good deal and look forward to the RL.

Thanks for the help.
  • xdemonxdemon Posts: 2
    Hi,

Anyone getting any good deals in the NoVA area?
  • I was wondering what should I be paying for the 2008 Acura TSX new without navigation? I know the MSRP is about $28,900.

I am considering on buying a new 2008 Acura TSX. There are only 3 left. What do you think I should be paying since it is last years model and that the 2009 TSX is already out.

Please help me out since this will be my first time buying a car. I have been doing some research but more info the better.

Thank You
  • Dealer invoice is $25,915, plus Acura is kicking $1,000 to their dealers to get rid of the 2008's. I'd start at $24,915 or a little less... I recently paid $1,250 below invoice for an '08 w/Nav. eMail a few dealers an offer for cars they have on their lot and see what happens. Good luck.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    To you, the 08 will be new; but in the marketplace it's a year old & valued accordingly, In other works It's already depreciated 25% or so; so, if you want to trade, or it's totaled in an accident, you're going to recieve the value of a year old car.
    I bought 300-400 cars & trucks a year for a large national business. We tried to do all of our buying in the 1st half of the model year because of the depreciation factor.

Every year the big 3 would offer us "fantastic" deals on year end models, but the economics just weren't there.

Thge only way you can make out buying a year old model is to keep it for a long time.
    I don't know... If you can save $5000 by getting the '08 over the '09?

Yeah... if you want to trade it in next year, you might do worse... but, after 3 years, I think you might be better off..

Plus.. for 90% of buyers.. the amount of the car payment matters..
    $5K = $100/mo..

But, I agree that the difference isn't as great as it seems, once you factor in resale value...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    We kept a car on the road for 3 years or 75,000 miles unless it required major work. if it did we dumped it. Understant, the Mfrs. were guaranteeing us a trade value at this interval; don't really know if it was better or worse than the market trade value.These cars went to company officials & sales & marketing personnel; and for the most part, they were never maintained the way you & I take care of our personal cars.

Personally, I now trade approximately every three years; that's about 150-160,000 miles. I take a beating because of the high mileage, but I've driven Japanese cars for the last 25 years; & find I can get this kind of miles on them with no unscheduled repairs. Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Mazda. Some have been more fun to drive than others, but they've all given trouble free service.

Incidentally, I agree yith you about the car payment; and if you keep it 4-5 years you won't get hurt by the fact it's a year old.

Regards
    bobgwtw
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I usually trade before my lease end, now I am in a lease, that I am not sure if I will be able to get out early, but I know that I will be going over my mileage, I know I will be able to get out earlier, but predicting the best time to do this is extremely tricky. I am too early in my lease now, but perhaps in a year or so, I will be able to do it. I plan to get into an Accord, "Loaded".
  • The tl is DEFINITELY WORTH IT there is a huge difference between the two cars, but most of all they changed the shape on the tsx so you'll be driving an outdated vehicle. Id opt for the tl if you could. The tl feels like a more expensive car, the tsx feels like a 2006 accord.
    sorry it took me so long to respond i hvnt checked this blog recently i got it in langhorne at davis acura
  • acnj24acnj24 Posts: 5
    I am currently about to lease a new Acura. Does anyone have some advice on the Acura Road Hazard Protection Plan? Is it worth it at a total of $425 or is is just another one of those useless protection plans?
    Also, if I opt out is there a cheaper way to get things fixed (without violating the lease) without having to pay acura dealer repair prices?
  • gregd1gregd1 Posts: 38
    fifteenkey,
    The 08 with Nav. 1,250 below invoice.
    What did you pay?
    27351?
  • That was including my trade...

Invoice $27,841.00
    Dest Chg $715.00
    Mfg to Dealer Incent. ($1,500.00)
    Invoice minus Incent $27,056.00
    Trade ($500.00)
    Paid $26,556.00
  • herrimherrim Posts: 14
    HI, I'm looking to either lease or buy the new 2009. But don't seem to find any deals in South Florida. How anyone gotten a good deal on the Standard, Automatic. I think in Miami Acura wanted to rip me off on a lease. Almost 500 per 12k, and almost 5,000 down. Any recommendations? PLease help!
  • acnj24acnj24 Posts: 5
    Herrim,

I'm in NJ but maybe this can give you a reference point. I just leased an 09 TSX Base model, automatic, no nav. Here is the breakdown:

36 month lease

$1887 due at signing (included in this was 1st month payment and all season floor mats for $100)

35 payments of $379

Hope this helps.
  • Hi all,

A friend of mine wants to buy a 09 TSX.
    I have seen some old posts with deal below invoice, but I haven't seen anybody posting a price recently.
    Are they selling bad so nobody has any experience? or are they so hot that nobody gets a good deal worth posting here?

He is trying to get it at invoice, but after a couple of weeks of mails, we are still 500 over invoice, any advice if it is possible to get at invoice or below?
    We are in texas by the way.

Thanks to all