Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Just picked up a TSX 09 Base for $27,800 before TTL. Out of the 4 Acura dealers in Houston, 3 of them were willing to match that price. I went with the dealer closest to me that had the color of choice which had mud guards and wheel locks already installed. I was very glad they didn't try to sneak those additional charges and instead included it in the $27,800 up front.

I actually could've got another $200 off from one of those 3 dealers that was about 30 miles away if I was willing/able to get something in writing from one of the other dealers. Instead, I figured foregoing the extra $200 for the convenience of going with the closest dealer.

Oh, was able to get a 5.7% rate 60 months with a credit score of 799 with Honda financing.
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    Your numbers match what I have been quoted in So Cal. I'm in no hurry to buy/lease so I'm waiting a few months. I'm "guessing" invoice or below will be possible come the end of December.
  • njnjnjnj Posts: 18
    does 09 TSX require premium gas? what's your typical MPG for local and highway? thanks!
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    It is recommended NOT required.
    thank you for your reply! 09 TSX can use either regular or plus, right? do 09 TSX and 09 Accord share the same 2.4L engine? thanks again!
    does anyone know october incentives on 09 TSX? really appreciate your help!
  • benziebenzie Posts: 4
    For a new 2008 TSX base, $25500 before everything

Deal or not?
  • jmb8606jmb8606 Posts: 13
    I would say DEAL
    For a new 2008 TSX base, $25500 before everything

I would hesitate seing how you can get a 2009 TSX base for $27,800. You're buying a one year old car plus it's the old design - two big depreciation factors. Only you can decide if the 2009 is worth the extra $2300. For me it would be. Of course with the current state of economic affairs, I'm willing to bet that incentives for the 2009 are coming sooner rather than later.

IMHO
  • jmb8606jmb8606 Posts: 13
    I apologize I thought it was 09. 08 spend the money and get an 09
    are there any incentives for 09 TSX in october? please share. thank you! i am in the market for a 09 TSX base model. anyone bought this car recently, can you share your price. i am from NJ. thanks!
  • billh4billh4 Posts: 1
    Indianapolis, Hubler Acura, negotiated a base automatic 2009 TSX for $28000 plus tax, no other fees. I don't object to a dealer making some money, after all, I want them there when service is needed. This is a good price, perhaps not great, but I am satisfied. The dealer was motivated to sell, and this price entailed having to get a car from another dealer and we might have done better taking one in their inventory.
    Acura sold 1844 TSX's in October compared to about 2280 last October.

A 19% drop. TL sales were up 22% so overall car sales increased a bit year-to-year.
    Sent out 8 e-mails requesting price quotes on a base TSX. Received 5 replies ranging in price from $27,536 to $27,998. One dealer didn't give me a price but said he would beat any deal by $500. Yeah right.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    That is what happens when you request quotes. Sometimes, they are more than willing to help, then sometimes, its like pulling teeth to get any information. Then, as soon as they realize that perhaps I am a slower customer, but just want information to make a good decision, they back way off, basically cut all ties with me. I am a practical person. I have to know the numbers first to know anything about moving forward.
  • I found a 2008 manual transmission with navigation TSX with A-Spec package with 1,600 miles on it. It has never been sold from the dealer and it is excellent condition. The Carfax report is clean with maintenance done on schedule. The price is $29000 before tax and processing fee, the dealer will not budge saying that it initially cost $36000 with the A-Spec package and they are taking a hit.

A-Spec includes:

* High performance shocks and springs
    * Lightweight 17-inch alloy wheels
    * Aero kit featuring:
    o Air dam
    o Chin spoiler
    o Side skirts
    o Rear wing spoiler
    * A-SPEC badging

Is this a fair and/or reasonable price?
  • If the car has never been sold then I wonder where the 1600 miles came from? Customer test drives? Sales taking the car for a spin? I doubt the car was properly broken in if it has 1600 miles on it already. Unless you really like the 2008 style plus the body kid and don't mind the instant depreciation of a 2008 "old" car I would say get a 2009 instead.
  • I much prefer the 2008 to the 2009.
  • what are everyone's thoughts on how much an 08 TSX (certified pre-owned) should go for? my local dealership is asking $25k for them (all have about 9k miles). seeing as the invoice was about $27k, it was owned and driven for a year, and it was the last year of the model design, I think I should have room for some downward movement. what's a good price, exclusive of tax, tag, and fees?

also, does anyone know what acura is charging on loans for certified pre-owned, assuming I have good credit? edmunds shows 5.99% for new 2008 TSX's :sick:
  • brygobrygo Posts: 12
    Might want to check out the remaining 08 TL. The base model is going for about $27.5 - 28K and Nav model is about $30K. In addittion, Acura is offering 0.9% financing for up to 36 months and 2.9% for up to 60 months.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    That is a rare car and it's up to you if it's worth 29K. That 36K price may be true for sticker but that is very inflated - invoice was probably less than 30K.

The resale prices of 1st gen TSXs seem to have taken a hit recently. 1 yr old '08 with less than 10K miles go for less than $25K and 2-3 yr old ones with less than 25K miles go for under $20K. Unless you really want an A-spec, an 07 with low miles for $20K makes more sense.
  • Hello All,

I purchased 2009 Acura TSX w/o Navigation for my wife yesterday. I have requested quotes using Edmunds from several near-by dealer (in Central Flroida) and accepted an offer from Courtesy Acura, Sanford (Orlando). I negotiated the final deal over phone and picked up the car.

The buying experience was very good and I dealt with Glen Clarke (Internet Sales Manager). I would recommend Courtesy Acura. However, I strongly recommend everyone to finalize the deal via phone/email before entring the dealership.

Purchase details:

MSRP = $29,720
    Invoice = $27,381
    Selling Price = $27,300
    Dealer Fee = $600

Net price before TTL = 27900 (i.e., ~$500 above invoice)

I think I could have save a couple of hundred dollars if I spent more time bargaining, but I was happy with the deal.

BTW, I made my own arrangements for financing and I did NOT trade-in a car. Also, I did NOT get any other accessories.

Lastly, I really appreciate the useful comments from several members of this forum that enable me to estimate a decent buying price for this car. :)
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Than I can probably get a pretty good price on the tech package model.

That is the model I want.
  • $500 over invoice sounds fair to me. It's is a new product to Acura for this year... Back in 2004 when I was buying my TL I paid $500 over sticker just to get one... :)
  • Shopping for an '09 TSX Base model with Automatic. Been shopping a few dealers and here's what they're offering:

All prices include destination and exclude tax tags

Karen Radley $27,878 + 385 proc
    Pohanka $28,375 +399 proc
    Chevy Chase $27,898 +100 proc
    Radley $27,398 + $385 proc

Is anybody doing much better than this? Are these prices reasonable? Are there any other hidden incentives available? Any idea if it's better to wait for December as I have some flexibility with the timing? Will there be an interest rate offer in December?
    It's unbelieveable how Florida dealers get away with charging such a high doc fee. :mad:
    That Radley quote is right at invoice - you're unlikely to do much better - they usually have the lowest prices in the area. In normal times, the week before xmas is the best time shop for a car but these days who knows. I see the VA dealers' doc fee has crept up - it used to be 299 at most places.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Those high dealer fees really suck!!

The Sandman :mad:
  • I am looking to pickup a 09 TSX w/ Tech soon....best offer so far via email is 29.9k, which is about 33 out the door. Anyone think that Acura will offer an financing deals on 2009 models soon? Can't decide if I should go for it now or wait a bit.
  • Just got an email that Acura has .09% financing on 2009 models thru 1/5/2009..sweet!