Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwr3dwr3 Posts: 2
    I'm pulling the trigger for 27,000 - plus tax and license. Hoping for 26,750 but not worth my time playing the buying game for the 250 in the whole scheme of things.
  • whippbwhippb Posts: 2
    I did it! I got the car today and the price was the same as the salesman's email. My credit history is very short, so I didn't qualify for 2.9. I had to do a 7.79% loan instead. Oh well. I'm doing a lot of overtime at work, so hopefully I can pay off sooner than my 63 month schedule (there is no pre-payment penalty).

The Chevy Chase Acura team impressed me. I had a good buying experience. I'm 26 and this is my first car I have bought on my own. I loved driving home from the dealership today!
  • Folks,

I am reaching the end of my TSX 36 month lease on March 31 and expect to be about 1000 miles over my lease. As I plan to get a new TSX, am I likely to be able to get the dealer to eat that excess mileage? Also, is there general advice on getting the dealer to "pay" the last month on the existing lease and turning it in early? I'm not one that believes that you get any "gifts" from dealers.

Thanks
  • jags86jags86 Posts: 7
    Hi Everyone,

I just signed a lease for a 09 TSX tech 6mt. I went to DCH Acura in NJ. They are special ordering the car for me.

$1499 down (including $299 security deposit, no cap cost reduction...I should have had them break it down for me but didn't)
    $363.23 + tax 7% = $388.64/month
    39 months, 12,000 miles /year

I also got them to waive the fee for the first service/oil change.

I wanted them to pick up the last month on my lease of another car (300) but that was a no go :-/.

How'd I do?
  • dckiwidckiwi Posts: 9
    Just picked up an 09 TSX (black/black) with tech. The dealer started the negotiation at invoice ($30,224) but I got him down to $29,700, plus TTL and their 'processing fee' ($385).

They also gave me a fair deal on my trade-in.

I got the 0.9% financing for 36 months - only about $250 interest on the entire loan :)

Two days in and I am loving this car.
  • mittbbmittbb Posts: 8
    Both Acuras in Valley Stream and Bayshore (NY) quoted me $26,900. Don't think you'd want to make the drive up from Florida to do make that deal. ;)
  • Just got online quote of 2009 TSX

They are saying $25,888 which is well below invoice (plus tax, fees, and all the rest)

What should I do? Do you think I get a lease off that price?
  • jags86jags86 Posts: 7
    Here are the exact terms of my lease for anyone who is wondering

39 month tsx tech 6sp 12k/year

sale price 28,820 + 760 destination

due at signing
    299 security
    388 first month payment
    595 acquisition
    217 motor vehicle fees and "doc fees"

362/month + tax = 388
  • I just got off the phone with Mick Williams from the same Chevy Chase Acura. After crunching the numbers here's their offer for TSX with Tech:

Invoice ($30,224) - $500 - $750 (dealer cash incentive) = $28,974 (subtotal)

+ 228 (TTL) + 100 (processing fee) + 6% Tax (Maryland) ($1738.44) = $31,040.44

I'm surprised that sales tax for whippb was only $887.22?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,014
    Sales tax in VA is 3.17%, I think...

You pay tax where you register the car..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm interested to know how your're going to pay for this deal. As I understand it, the .9% or 2.9% financing cannot be combined with the $750 dealer cash incentive. It may be better to forego the $750.
  • Got an email today from Chevy Chase that says they're doing $25,981 for a base and $28,814 on the Tech package...(after all dealer incentives)

Here is the link.

http://chevychasecarsspecials.homestead.com/AcuraTSX.html

The best I could do was $26,200 when I bought mine (back on Dec 1) for a base.
  • Looks like those 2 prices are "plus" destination! :cry:
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    Looks like those 2 prices are "plus" destination

Looks like you need to add $760 destination plus a $100 "processing fee" - whatever that is!

So $25,981 quickly becomes $26,841

and $28,814 becomes $29,674

Would you be suprised if you got down there and they also installed the pro package at a hefty mark-up also? And of course this isn't included in the advertised price.
  • Does the $25,888 include destination? I received several non-TECH quotes around $27,000 here in CA. I'd pull the trigger and buy at $26k or a TECH at $28k.
  • What FICO score range would land the advertised .9 and 2.9% interest rates?
  • The finance guy at Acura said above 700 gets it (i was a little under 800), but i have also financed with Honda in the past, which he said usually seals the deal regardless of the fico score if you were in good standing.
  • I got the tech with pro package for $29,300 + $425 destination + $292 licensing fees.

Ended up being $30,017 before financing/taxes/lojack. I think i could have done better but a lot of Acura Dealerships in SoCal are not really willing to make sweet deals. I had two dealerships literally tell me to walk because i wanted $29,000 or the other two kept me there for hours telling me why they couldnt do it. I finally caved...at 29,300 + fees.

The car really is amazing, but i already miss my BMW. Anyone wanna buy my tech off me? Something tells me i'm heading back to BMW soon, i miss my coupe. :-p
  • Thanks for the info regarding FICO score. That sounds good. I wonder what kind of interest rate I could get for a 6 year loan with above 700 FICO. Which dealership in SoCal did you score the deal of 29,300? I'm in San Diego and was wondering if anyone has received any quotes from the dealership in SD. I don't want to submit quote requests until I am ready to buy.
  • sushi1sushi1 Posts: 2
    Got my 2009 TSX with Tech. today Acura of Sunnyvale. It's a dealership located in the Bay Area in California. Negotiated over the internet (highly recommended), went in for a test drive, and bought the car.

OTD Price: $32,050.54
    Quoted Price (incl. destination): $29,296.31
    Doc + License Fee: $332.75
    Tax (8.25%): $ 2,421.48

I hope this help others get a good deal. :)
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    The destination fee is fixed and not negotiable. You can't have a 425 "destination" fee. :confuse:
  • Youre right, i meant to say it was the dealer incentive cash. You know when they try to tell you its the $700 (ballpark, i dont remember) or the 2.9%, that they cant do both... I got them to do both and reduce the $700 to 425. But lets be honest here, they work numbers like crazy, you really have no idea what theyre applying what to. Do you?

I already see someone got a better deal by a few hundred $$$, which is good, hopefully we see even better deals on here! It's a buyers market.

Good luck! BTW, my dealer was Keyes Acura in SoCal. I'd recommend them but say stick to your guns, i think i could have gotten them to fully eat the incentive cash.
  • Got a question for everyone. I'm just curious about this and how it would work. If I wanted to "downgrade" to a less-expensive car, could I trade in my 09 TSX?

I owe about $20,000 on my 09 TSX (6,000 miles).

Just for argument's sake, say I wanted to get a $20,000 car. Would/could a dealership give me say, $25,000 for my TSX, apply the $20,000 toward my current loan (paying it off essentially) and then apply the remaining $5,000 toward the $20,000 car I wanted to buy?

Hope that made sense.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,014
    Short answer: Yes...

Long answer: Expect to get a lot less for your car than you think it's worth...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Not looking to do anything, was just curious if that how it worked. Thanks!
  • Dude - If you want to sell your car, which is still very new, do it private party. Trading in a such a brand new car is just stupid.

When i was 18 i bought a car i couldnt afford and wanted to trade down, but i checked out the trade in value with a dealership - threw up :cry: , then put it on craigslist. Two weeks later i sold it with a 4k loss, which is much better than the loss of 9k the dealer wanted me to eat.

Always go private party as a seller on a < 3 year old car.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Always go private party as a seller on a

any age car - if you have the time you are likely to always get more money selling privately. With the current slump in residuals and resale value, be ready for really low trade in values. 08 TSXs w/ 10K miles are going at auction for 16-17K.

In this economic climate be ready to hang on to your current car for a while.
  • Not that I don't believe it, but point me to one and I will take it in a flash.
  • u serious? Where r u?
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    what dealership was that? So how much was the total drive off?