Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dcbdcb Posts: 11
    I agree I am paying too much. I don't think they will sell at cost of $28200 or whatever. Probably add $500 $600 like the other poster got is more like it. I may renegogiate.

On 2009 vs 2010, my price diff is $2350....about the amount of annual depreciation out in year 5....so somewhat a push.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    What was your sale price?
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    I'd try to go lower, but you might be right about them not selling at invoice. At least for June (but yes, in July there likely won't be many cars, and not the color you want).

Do you--or does anyone know--what the depreciation of an 09 tech is when I drive it off the lot? Trying to see if getting a '10 is a better way to go. All I can find are graphs and tables that show me what it is at 1 year intervals or every 10,000 miles.
    for depreciation, I look at edmunds true cost to own. results look reasonable.
  • ch3coohch3cooh Posts: 1
    I got mine in Houston, TX. 2009 TSX Tech Package. $28,500 plus tax and title. It was last 2009 in the lot, which is Champion Acura. There are more in Sterling McCall Acura, it should be no problem to get it at $ 29,000, but that sales manager is not professional at all.
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    And since I'm talking a lot lately, does anyone--in this day and age--not mind going a little bit further from home to get a better deal? Especially with the internet and internet pricing at dealers? Don't dealers know this when you are there, negotiating in person, and shouldn't they then try to work with you a little so you don't leave? I have no problem driving 200 miles to get a car if it's the right deal. Tired of the games this week I guess.
  • npolitenpolite Posts: 33
    Not sure what may have happened to my original post but here goes...I'm looking for anyone who has recently purchased an CPO 06 TSX that could share the price they paid and how many miles were on the car. A local dealer is offering one for 19k with 25k miles but has been sitting on the lot since the beginning of May. I did take a look at the car today and the knuckle/exhaust did have a lot of rust but the rest of the car was ok.

Thanks
  • yamjamyamjam Posts: 21
    Looks like a awesome deal but ask them to throw in (for free) the Protective Package 2 (wheels locks + trunk tray + mud guards).
  • I picked up a new 2009 TSX (no tech) today from Jerry Damson in Huntsville, AL.
    Price was $27,167, including Protection Package 2.
    2009s are getting in short supply; they had 3 Tech and 3 non-tech left. Birmingham had only a few Tech, and no non-tech.
    I previouly agreed to $29,450 total price(excluding sales tax of course). From posts on here, I could tell this was high. I contacted another dealer and struck a deal for $29,000, plus they were to throw in the all season floor mats (worth over $100 on ebay). Tried for $28,800, but they would not do it...hence the floor mats. After a 2.5 hour drive to Superior in Cincinnati, there was a heavy duty rock chip on the driver door on the grigio color....NO DEAL. Nice car, but I could not handle the chip. Amazingly, there was another dealer 20 minutes away...Columbia Acura. They had only 5 techs left. They matched the deal and I got a silver with taupe. Very happy on both counts. 12 years of black leather was enough.

Car is very firm riding, so beware. I drove a TL a couple of weeks ago and really liked the ride, power etc. Inquired about a TL with tech and was quoted $34,500.
    Decided to stick with the TSX for the price diff, operating economy and styling. 32mpg on the way home per the computer was nice too. I was a little heistant about the 4 cyl, but am satisfied.

Thanks to all for sharing their experiences. Good tip on asking for the mats. Tried for the trunk liner, but they drew the line.

These cars are in short supply, so if you're serious, better be moving quickly.
  • Just purchased '09Tech from Criswell Acura in Annapolis, Md. Deal included all weather mats..splash guards...wheel locks...door edge guards..trunk tray. Paid 29090..includes all fees and destination...tax was additional. Was an easy negotiation as had several internet quotes with me. Truly believe left a bit of cash on the table but was pleased with the deal.
  • Does anyone know when Acura will come up with new finance offer for purchasing?
    I remembered one of the previous (old) post said 2nd week of July (after 7/4), is this information right? :confuse:
    thanks in advance for your help. = )
  • amatistaamatista Posts: 15
    I'd guess Tuesday, since Monday is when the lease offers expire.
  • I just got an email from the sale agent
    "Acura just came out with the new incentives for the 09 TSX Tech model. There is $ 1250 cash back to dealer and you can also get 2.9% for 36 months or 3.9% for 60 months. "

He offers me 32832 OTD. Should I have to take this ?
    It seems everyone got for 32K. I wonder if I can drop this $800...
  • I got an offer of 28680 + TTL with tech.

Include CA tax, I would have paid around 31750.

So, definitely, knock $800.

What is the worst other than 'no' :)
  • joe0302joe0302 Posts: 16
    He has a $1200.00 incentive of couse he can drop the price. :shades:
    Acura is stuck with alot of cars.
  • aak1aak1 Posts: 13
    Is the 3.9% for 60 mo for all TSX's or only the tech package?

I've been waiting 2 months for a financing deal on the TSX.
    Please tell me it's all TSX's.
  • Well I could not drop any single penny :cry: and I hate hassle :mad: and I am sure I left plenty of money for my deal. :sick: But I could not wait anymore days and months to drive my TSX for couple of hundreds. :P I can tell you one thing from my purchase this is a great car and I am very happy because the car worth every single penny I paid for :D ... From happy new TSX owner :blush:
  • yamjamyamjam Posts: 21
    lucianolee, they shall be able to give you $32,000 OTD plus the Protection Package 2, mine was $32,018.80 and that was a month ago.
  • I know I could do it much better from other previous post... but it is over now since I got my new car... and remember that I live in TN... and you probably live in CA area... we don't have the competition from same dealer like in LA or any other big city... Anyway I am happy with my purchase and I wish others future TSX owner good luck !!! ;)
    From the happy new TSX owner :blush:

PS: I remember about a month ago Acura did not have financing offer for TSX ...only dealer incentive.. :confuse: .Anyway Yamjam congratulation on your great deal~!!! :)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,661
    I'm looking to purchase a 2010 TSX TECH (4 cyl)... Does anybody have any experience with the sales or service departments of any dealerships in Westchester County (NY) or Fairfield County (CT)?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH, 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD

• akkjettaakkjetta Posts: 6
    Just bought a 2009 TSX tech package. At financing they offered to "reduce" the 7yr/100K extended warranty from $1850 to $1600. Is the extended warranty really worth it? The warranty really only extends the manufacturer warranty 3 years - thus it's only a 3 year warranty. The finance rep was telling me it is worth it because if the navigation system malfunctions after 4 years it will cost $3000 to fix.

BTW I got the car Out TheDoor for 32K (inclusive of taxes tags fees etc), and got them to include trunk cargo net, body side molding and a service plan which includes free oil changes for the life of the car and 10% of all servicing. Hope I got a decent deal.

On another note, beware of ChevyChase Acura and Mitch Levine - he offered me a 2009 TSX Tech for $30,400 out the door when we communicated over email, and then at the dealership said it would cost $32,800.
  • maxbetamaxbeta Posts: 12
    > BTW I got the car Out TheDoor for 32K (inclusive of taxes tags fees etc), and got >them to include trunk

What was the price before TTL?
  • Looking to purchase an Acura TSX V6 in the Northern Virginia area. Has anyone had any great experiences with a particular dealership? I've been to Pohanka in Chantilly, but they seem hard to deal with, and lack in knowledge. Anything in close by Maryland could be an option also if need be. Thanks.
  • mintoobmintoob Posts: 13
    Hey folks,

I am in Tri state and was browsing among these forums 2 yrs back when I bought MDX. We are thinking of buying a second car and we have zeroed in on 2010 TSX v4 with Tech. So far we have a quote of 200$ below invoice + Destination charge (810) + Taxes + free all season mats.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a better price quote and suggestions. I am in the tri state and can buy it from any where pretty much.

Thanks bunch folks

-M
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    A lot of tri-state areas out there... can you be more specific?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• mintoobmintoob Posts: 13
    I am in White plains, NY. I am willing to buy in NJ. Heard we get the best deals there. Any suggestions?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,661
    Where did you buy your MDX from? Where do you have it serviced? What dealership gave you the $200 under invoice price? I live in Hartsdale & am strongly considering purchasing a TSX TECH w/ 6 spd manual.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH, 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD