Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    I was looking for the dealership in Phoenix you mentioned
  • joe0302joe0302 Posts: 16
    You think they would be in this economy. :confuse:
  • pobs23pobs23 Posts: 3
    i just went back to the dealership today. the agent told me that the deal was for 3 days ago and that the agent sold 6 cars today and can not make the deal anymore. i have lost trust in that dealership. i really hate when people change what they say, negotiating is fine, but going back on your word is just bad.

anyway what is a fair price for the 2009? what about 2010?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,288
    For future reference, you should know that dealers are much more anxious to make a deal at the end of the month (or better yet, quarter or year) to bump up the number of cars for the month/quarter/etc to get bonuses.

You'll get the best deal at the end of the month on a rainy Wednesday evening.

Saturday, August 1, not so much.
  • claweaveclaweave Posts: 25
    What are the 8/2009 money factor and residual % for 3yr/15k lease? Any loyalty perks for current Acura lessees?
  • yungsuyungsu Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the manheim price is for a 2006 TSX with Navigation, manual transmission and 30K miles? Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,792
    Hi!

Try posting your question here: Real-World Trade-In Values

We have a few members who will look up the value for you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    Just got a grigio / ebony tsx base tech for $32,000 and change in the midwest (it was $31,700 but it came with a protection package we negotiated down a bit). Lease special started at $389, 10k miles per year, and with no downpayment (did have $1100 first month, tax, destination, doc fee to pay) and a high state tax monthly payments are just shy of $500 (thought about doing a loan, but didn't want to drop 20% down). So far we're very pleased with the car, though the bluetooth does not seem to work as well with ambient noise--lawn mower, high a/c, occasional rough road noise--hope this improves). Know that if we lived in CA or something could've maybe got the car for invoice. Also could've bought a 2009 for at least 2k less but didn't want any possible first year kinks, so hope to avoid those, and the reported engine rattling.

And sell your old car on Craig's List! Within 3 hours we had an offer on a car that is certainly well over-represented on the used car market. We did much better than the dealer could offer.

After 5 months of looking we finally got a car, thanks Edmunds forums for helping us research the options.
  • Can I ask why you opted for the 2010 when you are leasing? The 2009 is the exact same car and the first year problems are so few and far between and even if you did experience one, it is all covered under warranty. 2,000 bucks is a lot of cash to pass up.

Tony
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    It was a tough decision--we really went back and forth on this. The closest dealer is 1 hour away (we drove 3 to another dealer to get the 2010), so if we had several issues come up with some frequency, it would be hard for us--especially given the time-involved professions we are in. I've also read a lot about engine noise problems (sounds like a ball in a spray paint can rattling around loudly), blue tooth connectivity issues, and other small things we just didn't want to deal with, and hopefully won't. Yes, 2k less might mean $50 or more per month less, but the 2010 provides a certain piece of mind--Acura or not.
  • yungsuyungsu Posts: 4
    Thanks for the suggestion kyfdx, I posted my question in Real....Values and already got one response.
  • phamjphamj Posts: 13
    I purchased a 2010 TSX Base/Tech Grigio/Ebony recently (Jul 29). I sent quote request to 8 dealers in Southern CA area. I received 6 quotes in email from $29.6K to $31.8K and the other 2 dealers would match or beat the lowest quote I got. I went with the dealer closest to where I live since they matched the $29.6K quote + give me the all-season floor mats and 2 comp oil changes.
    I declined their offer for Acura Extended Warranty for $1600 (7yrs/100K/ $0 deductible)
    I later purchased the same policy on line for $1160.

I traded my wife's 97 Ford Explorer (Cash for Clunker) so the OTD price for the TSX was $29.2K. Now my wife took my 05 Honda Pilot because she likes driving SUV, and I ended up driving the TSX. :=))
  • Hey Phamj,

Where did you purchase the same policy for $1160? I also (well for my mom) just got a new TSX and they offered the extended warranty, but for $1750 which we turned down but are still interested. Did you buy it just through Acura's website? Either way, looks like you got a great deal! We only talked to one dealer about 2010's and they said the best they could do is 1k under MSRP, but we were set on 09 anyways.

Details on our deal from our Socal dealer:

2009 TSX with Tech White Exterior/Parchment Interior
    had quotes ranging from 28.4 to 29.5, some dealers said they had no 09 left.
    Final Price: 28.4k
    OTD: 31.4k
    They tried to lowball the trade-in, but eventually came around. Unfortunately, I would consider the trade-in a clunker, but the MPG were too high on it.

Funny thing, was at Carmax yesterday too. Saw an 09 TSX with 14k miles on it and no nav.....yet still cost 28,900!
    Check out http://www.curryacuracare.com/

The listed price for my policy was about $1200 but I used a coupon for $105 off (they send out promotional coupon via email periodically). I suggest you wait for the coupon then buy.

I also bought extended warranty for my 05 Pilot and that time the Honda dealer agreed to match the price when I showed them the Curry Price list.

Hope this helps.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,288
    hear from those who paid anything more than $1.87 for an extended warranty on a Honda product & actually used it. What part or system failed? How much would it have cost to get fixed without the warranty? What did it actually end up costing (was what broke covered?)?

Enquiring minds would like to know.

Part of why I bought a TSX was that I felt 100% confident that I was highly unlikely to need to get anything expensive fixed, or anything at all, really.

I'm 23K miles and 17 months in, and have taken the car back to dealer exactly zero times. Others in our extended family have Hondas with anywhere from 143K to 285K miles with no serious problems.

Save your money -- don't buy an extended warranty.

Unless, of course, people post here regarding why it was such a great idea when XXX broke.
    I agree with you that Honda and Acura are highly reliable products. Can we say with 100% certainty that nothing will go wrong with these vehicles in 7yrs and 100K miles?

It's a rather personal choice .. it's a trade off between having a comfort feeling for 7yrs versus the cost. For me, $1200 for 3 additional yrs --> less than $40 per month.

If the cost for extended warranty were much higher I would have had second thought.

By the way, my 05 Pilot with 55K miles hasn't had any problem.

Cheers!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,755
    I'm interested in purchasing a 2010 Acura TSX/Tech/Automatic. I plan on trading in my 1990 BMW 325i (18 mpg combined) as a "clunker" for a $3500 rebate toward the purchase price of the TSX. About 3 weeks ago, I walked into Curry Acura (Scarsdale, NY) and inquired about a TSX. The salesman almost immediately offered a test drive. Drove the car and was very impressed. I told him I'd have to wait to see what was going on with the Cash 4 Clunkers program & have my wife come and drive the car. He never took any of my contact info down.

The next week, I took my wife to the dealer so she could drive the car as it will be hers as of the end of July 2010 when the lease on her '07 X3 is up. The salesman takes our contact information. We get a follow-up call the next day & tell him we still have some other cars to test drive before we make our decision.

This past Tuesday I go with my wife who wants to test drive the TSX again just to make sure. She really likes it.

With the Board of Directors (my wife's) approval, it's a go.

I call the salesman back today and leave a message. He calls me back and I ask him some questions about the dealership & the service department, then I ask him how much for the car? I want to buy it wither this weekend or early next week (in order to take advantage of cash 4 clunkers) He tells me that his boss doesn't really like to give quotes out over the phone. He keeps asking me to "come down & we'll talk." I told him that I've been there 3 times already and that I'm a serious buyer. Please let me know the price and fax me a credit app. I'll give you a credit card deposit over the phone to hold the car. He tells me he'll talk to his boss and he'll call me back. Maybe he'll call tomorrow.

I also called Acura of Bedford Hills. The salesman I spoke to on the phone was very professional & knowledgable. He balked when I asked him the price. He told me to get a price from Curry (the aforementioned dealership) & he'll match it.

What gives here? Is it that offensive to ask someone for a quote over the phone? I sell plumbing supplies and field calls like this all day. I sell basically the same major products as every other Plumbing Supply in New York City. I'm very frustrated :mad:

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• my whole experience, I didn't get a quote over the phone period. I basically just requested quote through this edmunds thing.....then I just simply never answered my phone.

Some gave quotes right away.
    Some said "we'd like to talk about your vehicle, we will be contacting you shortly" when they did call...usually within the hour, I just let it go to voicemail. Then a few hours later I'd get an email saying "We missed getting you by phone, please contact us as soon as possible." I would then reply to that email asking for a quote and I'd get it soon enough.

Maybe its just me, but I'd rather get the quote via email over the phone so in the case they try to change something, I have it in writing. If they tried to give me a quote on the phone, I would listen to it, but I would simply say "Can you please email me as well? I can't write it down right now" and most dealers would say, "sure I'm sending it as we speak"

Good luck in your search. Either way, I'd get a quote from one of them and say "can you beat this?" (not match it) That way, you can then go back to the original dealer "He beat your quote, got a better offer?"

As for the extended warranty thing. Warranty is more of a peace of mind thing to me than anything. I really hope I never have to use it because then that means I had times that something wasn't working correclty or time lost. The reaseon I'm considering is not for the engine or driving parts. Its more that I'm worried about the Nav and all the computer stuff.
  • dc76dc76 Posts: 3
    Got an offer for a private party sale, 2009 TSX TECH, 22K miles, manual for $24,000, excellent condition.

Is this a good deal or do you think I could do better with the 2010s becoming more available?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,755
    I'm picking up a 2010 TSX Tech w/ Automatic next week for $31,450 at DEVAN ACURA in Norwalk, CT. The best price I got was from ACURA of WESTCHESTER $30,900 ($300 over invoice). I'm getting the car in Norwalk even though it is further because I'm getting a $3500 cash for clunkers credit from my 1990 BMW 325i. They actually signed up for the program just to sell me a car.

DEVAN ACURA & ACURA of WESTCHESTER were both professional, knowledgeable, & courteous over the phone. They gave me great prices.

If you live in Westchester, whatever you do, STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM CURRY ACURA AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• I have been looking through the posts and have seen some folks getting $4.5-$5 off of MSRP. Can anyone validate this from a dealer near western Pennsylvania? I'd like to get a car this week, and I'd like to find a great dealer to start with.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    I test drove a very similar car last week and offered 21,900 to the seller (25K miles) - he had it listed at 25,500 (since lowered to 24,200). The trade-in value of such a car is somewhere between 19-21K so unless you are in an area with lots of folks willing to plunk down 20+K cash for a car you are competing against dealer trade in prices not private party prices.
  • dc76dc76 Posts: 3
    Wow, did your offer get accepted? That would be a fantastic price.

I don't want to put in too much of a lowball offer and insult the seller. I was going to put in an offer at $23,000, but after seeing your offer maybe $22,000 would be ok?
  • gkg680gkg680 Posts: 25
    I'm in the market for a new TSX, possibly a manual. I keep my cars a long time, because I hate going to dealerships. I have thought for many years, that cars ought to be like shirts or bags of potato chips, you have a retail price and a sale price, everyone pays one or the other.

I would like to ask if any of you ladies and gentlemen have strong feelings yea or nay about Chicago area dealerships. I believe strongly in word-of-mouth recommendations. I've contacted one dealer, whose website says "Request A Quote". So far, all they said in their reply was, "When can you come out?"

Would anyone care to relate their experiences? Thanks.
  • tempo68tempo68 Posts: 2
    elny

Did you have any luck with the Long Island dealers? I'm starting to look now.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Well I was calling around yesterday, dealers were less than helpful, in fact down right harsh. They stated no one here on edmunds is getting the kind of deals I have seen here. This includes the accord! They were only willing to "discount" from msrp. No car is selling just at msrp. They told me it would cost nearly $500mth for an accord exl v6 no nav lease. Heck no!

Cash for clunkers sounds pretty, but ends up a little sour on the back end. Keeping pricing high.

Whew! Who knew that just getting quotes would get you so much trouble. The salesmen was down right rude! Even Acura had that status ego! Be careful!
  • I have to agree. I am in the market for a TSX w/tech and it's nearly impossible to even get a quote out of the dealers here in and around New Jersey.

Seems like they really made a killing on the clunkers program.
  • sr_shahsr_shah Posts: 16
    I got 2-3 email quotes from various dealers in central NJ via Edmunds. The lowest was $29,998 for '10 Acura TSX 4 cyl with Tech pkg (excl destination) from Springfield. The others were between 30.5k-31.5k.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    I get leery when I see quotes that separate out the destination. The destination is part of the fricken price of the car.
  • edfan1edfan1 Posts: 1
    Hi The best price quote I received for a 2010 TSX 4 cyl Automatic Base was 28300 + doc fee 600 + TTL. Is this a good price? appreciate any feedback