Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gbosilgbosil Posts: 88
    I own a 2010 TSX w/Tech. I am a loyal Acura owner also owning a 2007 TLS. The Tech Package IS WORTH THE 3K! Don't skimp bro! Best Navi in the business, ELS Surround Sound Stereo System, Backup Camera...AWESOME! Realtime Traffic, Weather ... Love my TSX and TLS with Tech Package. Why buy an Acura? Might as well buy a Honda Accord! :P
  • mrmentionmrmention Posts: 1
    I've been car hunting for a long time and finally decided that I want the TSX. I also want to get the best deal possible as does everyone. How much money will I save by waiting till the 2011's come out? I also was hoping to see any changes made to them before buying a 2010, while still being able to have my choice of color. Is it worth the wait?
  • blueseat1blueseat1 Posts: 1
    I just bought a Certified 2007 TSX with NAV in the San Francisco area. It has a carbon grey exterior, ebony interior and has 25K miles. I paid $21,600 plus TTL. I love the car - wondering if I got a good deal? (Dealer's sticker was $24,200 and the internet price was $22,800 on the car)
  • lgeorge03lgeorge03 Posts: 1
    Hey, I am purchasing a tsx tech package in NY for about 33 with tax and all fees. Now i also wanted to get the aero kit package and lip spoiler but my dealer is asking for approximately 2600. I went home and went on bernardi acura parts and found out that the aero kit and spoiler only totals to 1800 painted to match the color of the car. Do you think i can get the the dealer to cut the 2600 down more, or do you think i should ask him to throw in the remote start and the side molding for free? keep in mind if i get everything done with the dealer i have 4 years of warranty on it, but if i get the additions done with the dealer after i take the car of the lot i only have a 1 year warranty on it.

Do you think I am paying too much for the car it self and even more by getting the aero kit?

Thank you
  • thientienthientien Posts: 8
    I live in Seattle, WA and local Acura dealer quoted me this for $596/month for 60 months $0 down with 1.9% APR. The price for the car is $30762 before tax. Is it reasonable?

Thanks
  • I've been quoted $28,927 before tax for a Tech in the DC area. Its across the country, but if a dealer here can do it, I don't see why someone in Seattle can't.
  • thientienthientien Posts: 8
    Does it including Destination Fee? I emailed my local dealers to see if they willing lower the price. Thats almost 2k difference, insane.
  • drochdroch Posts: 1
    What dealership gave you that price? I am up in Delaware but would go down there for that price?
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    but if a dealer here can do it, I don't see why someone in Seattle can't.

.... for the same reason why Florida dealers get away with $600 doc fees - because they can. :shades:
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,636
    They stink here in Florida...outright thieves! But in life, what goes around, comes around! Thank g-d, I won't need to replace my rig for awhile. Here's hoping the wifey's rig settles down now...just hate buying cars!!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• jc320jc320 Posts: 1
    I would like to buy a 2010 TSX w/Tech. I am living in Oregon. Does some one can give a suggestion of price so that I can talk to the dealer?? I hope some one he/she can sharing buying experiences.
    I am not very understand of cars. Thanks.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Check Edmunds new car prices and www.truecar.com. Good luck.
  • sbhatiasbhatia Posts: 1
    Red TSX has close to 7K miles on it with clean papers and carfax report. Is $21,750 + Tax a good price for this car? The seller is asking for $22.5 K.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,923
    Seems like a good deal.....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Getting ready to pull trigger on new TSX. Does anybody have prices including dest.??
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    www.truecar.com might help.
  • Lots of folks asking about what deals people are getting - I got this in Maryland for a 3 year lease with 12,000 miles per year.

Break it down for me - 2010 TSX 4 Cyl with Tech:

Sale price (including destination):28,307.00
    Drive Off Money:400.98
    Monthly Payment (inc. Tax):400.98
    MF: .00142
    Residual:57%
    Taxes:1698.46
    Tags/Title:218.00
    Bank Fee:595.00
    Processing Fee:100.00

So 400.98 to drive off and 35 payments of 400.98 remaining
  • I like the sales price/cap cost of $28,307 alot. MD must be one of those states that charge sales tax on full cap amount?? Plus I'm assuming you rolled everything taxes, T/T, Bank Fee, & Processing fee into cap cost?? Is sales tax in MD 6%? If all those answers are yes, then you got a great deal.
  • I just bought a 2010 TSX Auto for $26300 with destination. (All taxes and fees must be added including a $399 dealer fee.) Is anyone getting better than this? I received a little more for my trade than other dealers...so that's why I jumped on this....
  • Yes, MD is a state that charges tax on the full cap amount (including Destination) and it is 6%.

You are right, I rolled every single charge into the lease payments.

Frankly, I was a bit surprised to get this deal - I was expecting some shenanigans when I got the dealership, but they were true to the word of the email. I just got the token extended warranty, undercoating, and other BS offering just before signing the finance contract - no pressure though.

I love the paddle shifters and the sound system blows my 2007 EX-L V6 Accord away (but that may not be much of a measure).

Other dealers I had been negotiating with over email were in disbelief when I told them.
  • Paid $29472.

MF:00074
    Residual:55%
    12K miles
    36 months

$398 (taxes of 9.25% included)

Prefer to think, this is a decent deal.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,460
    That .00074 mf makes the lease very attractive (1.77%) as does the $398/month payment including tax.

Just curious as to why you leased? Business purposes or do you not drive a lot of miles?

For another $100 per month you could own the car with no mileage restrictions. Even if you get rid of the car after 3 years, it should be worth more than you owe. Acuras hold their value extremely well.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• yes..use for biz.

But here's something I found in no forum, if you lease a car under a biz name - you will pay a MF of .00375...that is about 9% - which is ridiculous!!
    But that is the rule from Acura Financial - a Tier -3 Money factor.
  • AFS must have gotten "burned" bad by recent economic downturn and companies going BK and sticking AFS with bad debt and having to try and re-po auto. Sign of the times I guess!!
  • Any idea what a good price is on a new 2010 TSX Tech? I think I can negotiate a price of 29,700 for one.
  • Can anyone share the prices paid for a TSX or TSX Tech recently in CA?
  • Just bought TSC Tech for 39472 in northern cal.

Another dealer said he would do 38900...but when push came to shove..couldnt deliver.
  • bug4bug4 Posts: 370
    Sorry to cheat and not review every post made... but I don't see any recent posts on what people are paying for a new 2010 TSX 4cyl - manual transmission - base model. I've got an offer from one dealership at 28,400 + a $399 fee from the dealer + tax/title/license. That doesn't seem very good to me, particularly since the dealers in my area are getting a $750 dealer incentive on 2010 models. Any suggestions or buying experiences (particularly in the Rocky Mountain region)? I'd love to buy this car and dump my 08 Accord :)
  • tcasboytcasboy Posts: 214
    I've been looking for that same vehicle. I was going to offer $27,000 if I could find one on the lot. My local dealer doesn't have it any more. (TN) Its a left over model, with plenty on the lots, and I have time on my side. Maybe when the end of the month rolled around they would take it. Who knows. 28,400 plus 4 more for fees seems pretty high to me. I'd counter with 27 and no fees, and go no higher than 27.5 with no fees. That is just one opinion, worth what you paid for it.

Anyway, that was where I was going to start. I may have to go over to Atlanta to find one on the lot, but have to decide if that is the car I want first.
  • bug4bug4 Posts: 370
    Thanks tcasboy! I'm looking at one that is on the lot.....but which hasn't sold allegedly because of the manual transmission. For me, the manual is a HUGE plus! But, I wonder if it's not an equally huge burden for the dealer. If this were a sports car, buyers might like the manual, but it certainly is not. And, from what I understand, manuals are hard to sell! I figure this might give me a little more negotiating room since I'm willing (and eager) to take a manual off their hands :) Thanks again!