Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,210
    pays for an extended warranty on a Honda product deserves exactly what they get, which is scre. . .
  • roubaudroubaud Posts: 39
    Anyone want to give some advice? I'm in the midwest / plains, buying in the next week.

I have two preliminary, non-haggled quotes of $29,900 for a 2009 tech base and $31,746 for a 2010 tech base. I don't think the dealer of the 2010 (3 hours away, having to re-direct the car to me from shipment to another dealer) will come down much if at all. The 2009 dealer (1 hour away) better come down more.

My question is, what would you do? Go for the 2nd model year, assuming any possible kinks have been fixed, or potentially save $50-80 per month on a lease with the 2009 thinking hey it's a Honda, it's built well? I've read about some engine pings on the 2009 (just the MT?), and some creaks here and there, but doesn't seem too common.
  • aak1aak1 Posts: 13
    I am in the same boat as you, waiting for the 2010's.
    I would recommend you wait a month for the 2009's to get sold out, and then you'll get a better price on the 2010's. This is why Acura has financing specials on the 09 only.

The 2009, being the 1st model year has a lot of bugs. I bought the 2004 TSX when it came out, and my car had every single 'bug'.
    AC died, Nav died, Brake rotors were 'wrong' and can never be fixed. (the rotors have to be machined while on the car, that's their fix). luckily the warranty covered everything, and I had the 100K extended one.

If your leasing.. then who cares, buy the 2009, it's all under warranty.
    I'm talking for people who are buying.
  • I got a price of 29500 for a 2009 TSX/Tech w/ floor mats. I had an internet price of 29300 from a dealership 40 miles away. My impression is that I could have gotten a slightly better deal if I wanted to put more time into it.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,122
    Let's see, I'm looking back to all of the very expensive repairs I've had to make to my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH...(Oh wait, my car is a stick) :P

In all seriousness, I think most of the tranny problems were relegated to V6 Hondas. The four bangers prduce so little torque that it isn't that much of a strain on the transmission.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• pobs23pobs23 Posts: 3
    I went to the dealership today and got offered 27,800 on acura tsx 2009 with tech package. it would be around 31,000 otd here in phoenix. it was weird they wouldnt let me leave which made me think that im leaving a lot of money on the table. is this a good deal already? please help they say its only good till the end of the month. thanks.
    That is an awesome deal! The sales price is anyway. But OTD--you aren't putting money down, are you? I've recently converted to the school of "sign and drive" (if it's a lease). I've been on this forum for about 2 months and that's the best one I remember seeing--but they do need to be getting rid of these things soon, too.
    thanks. what do you mean putting money with otd price? down. i am putting a lot of money as downpayment. i dont have a trade in. could yuou elaborate please?
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    which dealership please?
  • mintoobmintoob Posts: 13
    I apologise for responding late. The dealer is Acura of Ramsey in NJ. The person I am dealing with is Mitch/Tommy. Pretty nice fellows. I have had nothing but great experience so far.

I am getting 200$ below invoice for 2010 TSX with tech package + free floor mats. Hope this helps.
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    I was looking for the dealership in Phoenix you mentioned
  • joe0302joe0302 Posts: 16
    You think they would be in this economy. :confuse:
    i just went back to the dealership today. the agent told me that the deal was for 3 days ago and that the agent sold 6 cars today and can not make the deal anymore. i have lost trust in that dealership. i really hate when people change what they say, negotiating is fine, but going back on your word is just bad.

anyway what is a fair price for the 2009? what about 2010?
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,210
    For future reference, you should know that dealers are much more anxious to make a deal at the end of the month (or better yet, quarter or year) to bump up the number of cars for the month/quarter/etc to get bonuses.

You'll get the best deal at the end of the month on a rainy Wednesday evening.

Saturday, August 1, not so much.
  • claweaveclaweave Posts: 25
    What are the 8/2009 money factor and residual % for 3yr/15k lease? Any loyalty perks for current Acura lessees?
  • yungsuyungsu Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the manheim price is for a 2006 TSX with Navigation, manual transmission and 30K miles? Thanks.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,946
    Hi!

Try posting your question here: Real-World Trade-In Values

We have a few members who will look up the value for you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Just got a grigio / ebony tsx base tech for $32,000 and change in the midwest (it was $31,700 but it came with a protection package we negotiated down a bit). Lease special started at $389, 10k miles per year, and with no downpayment (did have $1100 first month, tax, destination, doc fee to pay) and a high state tax monthly payments are just shy of $500 (thought about doing a loan, but didn't want to drop 20% down). So far we're very pleased with the car, though the bluetooth does not seem to work as well with ambient noise--lawn mower, high a/c, occasional rough road noise--hope this improves). Know that if we lived in CA or something could've maybe got the car for invoice. Also could've bought a 2009 for at least 2k less but didn't want any possible first year kinks, so hope to avoid those, and the reported engine rattling.

And sell your old car on Craig's List! Within 3 hours we had an offer on a car that is certainly well over-represented on the used car market. We did much better than the dealer could offer.

After 5 months of looking we finally got a car, thanks Edmunds forums for helping us research the options.
  • Can I ask why you opted for the 2010 when you are leasing? The 2009 is the exact same car and the first year problems are so few and far between and even if you did experience one, it is all covered under warranty. 2,000 bucks is a lot of cash to pass up.

Tony
    It was a tough decision--we really went back and forth on this. The closest dealer is 1 hour away (we drove 3 to another dealer to get the 2010), so if we had several issues come up with some frequency, it would be hard for us--especially given the time-involved professions we are in. I've also read a lot about engine noise problems (sounds like a ball in a spray paint can rattling around loudly), blue tooth connectivity issues, and other small things we just didn't want to deal with, and hopefully won't. Yes, 2k less might mean $50 or more per month less, but the 2010 provides a certain piece of mind--Acura or not.