Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks mattdadee. I have to stick with the 4cyl eventhough there are some good deals going on with the V6 in my area. I don't know what is a messenger fee for, but it is only $15.00 so it is not big of a deal. I did shop around with a couple different dealers in the area and none of them would go lower than the price I got from the first dealer. By the way, there was a miscalculation on the OTD price. The correct OTD is $30,042. Not $30,104. My bad.
    I'm still not quite sure whether it is a good deal or not??? However, I'm planning to pick up the car tomorrow.
  • Madison WI dealer quoted 29100 for TSX w/o technology 4 cylinder automatic Trans
  • 2010 TSX auto I-4 w/tech $31,311 (includes wheel locks) + TTL in Maryland
  • gbosilgbosil Posts: 88
    Just picked up my TSX BLK/Parchment w/Tech. $31,300 + Tax/TTL. Ordered and waited 3 months to get this car! Love it! My only gripe is the Temp contols are hard to access and display is very hard to see what settings are set. Very small LCD screen with a ton of info packed into that little bar. The joystick takes a little to get used to also. Car is a real headturner! It's alot of car for the money and a "No Brainer" in my mind. Comp cars are 40K+
  • $399 per month, including tax and $85 title, still isn't bad. That's about $1,500 more than I'll pay over time, and probably comes out to about a $27,500 purchase price (the price used to calculate the lease). I'm no expert on the time value of money, but $1,500 over three years has a pretty low present value.

I had received offers from brokers at around $350 per month plus $2,400 up front (tax, fees, etc.), but Richard's deal (or even another dealer that can match) is better because it rolls the tax into the payments over time, so you retain the present value of the money.

My math is a rough estimate, and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
  • I went on here to get an idea what kind of incentive is available and what people are paying and cannot believe what most people are paying.

You do not pay any more than invoice + destination, etc. For example, a 2010 Acura TSX 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A) per Edmunds has an MSRP $38760 and invoice of $35692. This means that the vehicle's stated price already includes destination. Since there is $2000 in factory support or "trunk money," you should be able to buy this car at $33692 or less + tax/fees. Remember that the dealer has another 3% of holdback to play with.

If you leave anymore than $1000 for the dealer, that's simply too much in this market/economy. I just paid $18050 for a new 2009 Accord LX auto. This car has an MSRP of $22400 and there's $1500 in factory support and $2000 difference between invoice and MSRP. That's nearly $4400 off on a $22000 car.

Right now I am considering a TSX and was quoted $25500 for a base 09. I am still debating if I should deal for a 2010.
  • Hi I'm 19 own an 05 altima 3.5se that I plan on giving to my little brother very soon because I saw a tsx and fell in love with it. I am thinking really hard about the tsx but I need some opinions. Do you guys think I should get a new tsx or by me being so young just try an 04 or 05 tsx. I'm really in love with the tsx because it seems like its the perfect car for a young college girl like myself.I'm not trying to impress anyone by getting the tl which is much bigger I just need something nice && cute. By the way what is the cheapest price I can find an 04 or 05 tsx. Your opinions will count and will be very helpful!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    what's wrong with your Altima? You're going to give a 3.5 SE Altima to your little brother who is presumably 16? Did the car do something to you to make you not like it?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• gbosilgbosil Posts: 88
    Good luck! I would wait if I were you. Unfortunately I am in an area where there is just ONE Acura dealer in my area. They can't keep the TSX in Stock. Another reason is Acura has cut back production in Japan. The TSX is made 100% in Japan unlike the TL is made in Ohio. Again I ordered and waited 3 months for my 2010 TSX. It sure the hell isn't an Accord! It's like comparing a Lexus and a Toyota! The maintenance isn't like an Accord either. So be prepared.
  • yfansyfans Posts: 4
    Just got an offer from one of acura dealers in NJ. OTD 30149. 2010 TSX 5A 4cl Base. Also there is a special event running now for financing APR 2.9% 48-60 months. Is that a good deal? Please share your thoughts!
  • dan41dan41 Posts: 180
    "OTD" differs depending on your state tax ( which varies) and the dealer fee. Assuming there wasn't a trade involved, what did you pay for the car ( less state tax and dealer fee )?
    No trade-in.
    car price : 27600
  • >> Also there is a special event running now for financing APR 2.9% 48-60 months.

Anyone know when this expires?
    It will expire on 1/4/2010
  • I am considering a 2010 Accord EXL-V6 with Nav and the new 2010 TSX V6 with Tech. My best price on the Accord is 29,092 plus TTL. It looks like even the best negotiating on a TSX will will not get me below $34,000. A side-by-side comparison tells me that in addition to the Acura badge, with the TSX I get an additonal 12 month warranty, rear seat heater ducts, memory seats, lumbar support, surround sounds, HID headlights and 18" wheels but a little less room. I know this is subjective, but has anyone successfully justified the $5,000 price premium on the TSX over the Accord? I like the styling on the TSX much more but I am having a hard time convincing myself to spend the extra 5K. My significant other has no interest in engaging me in this conversation so your comments and thoughts would be appreciated.
  • My god, do NOT buy the Accord. Have you even just sat in each one? The Acura is soo00o much nicer. My wife and I sat in the Accord, thinking we were leaning toward that car based on $$$ and features. We sat in the Accord for about 5 seconds and left to go buy the TSX base with tech (her new car). My question is, why are you going to give Acura another 3-5 grand for a V6 that is not worth that? They are screwing everyone with that price hike. Yes, it's more power than the 4 cyl, but the 4cyl ain't awful. Frankly, I'd get the car that feels more finished and nice on the inside, with features that are backed up by that better warranty. And xenon lights, wow, so bright at night. Sound is sweet, too. GET THE TSX. There IS a difference.
    If money is a main factor, you may want to compare the total cost of ownership of each car, to include insurance. Also, factor in depreciation.

The accord and TSX are also two different vehicles that, I believe, have different target markets. I owned a TL-Type S and my wife owns a 2004 Honda Accord - EXL. Although I no longer own the TL, the driving experience of the two cars were indeed different. The TL provided a better driving experience and it was also sportier and, in my opinion, a better looking car ( again, subjective ).

Last week I went to an acura dealership to look at the 2010 TL, but when I saw and sat in the TSX I was blown away. I had not considered this car, but I plan to test drive one later this week. Although the TSX is smaller than the TL, it's not an issue for me (grown kids).

In the end, both are great cars and you can't go wrong with either choice. For me, I want my next car to offer those things I miss from my TL and I believe either the TL or TSX can do so.

Good luck and keep us updated...dan
    I plan on taking both the TSX 4 cylinder and V6 for a test drive later this week. I agree that the price delta between the 4 and the 6 is significant and unless I'm blown away by the 6 cylinder, I'll opt for the 4 cylinder.

Did you purchase a 2010 and are you happy with your decision on buying it? If you haven't already posted it, please provide pricing you paid. thnx...dan
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    about 3 months ago, I purchased a 2010 Acura TSX Tech (4 cyl). I also drove an Accord EXL- NAV. The Accord is nice & comfortable. The TSX has a driver focused interior, great road manners, sharper steering, & a huge trunk. I drive a 2001 Prelude Type SH & the Acura drives like a 4 door Prelude. The extra year/12K of warranty is just gravy. While the 4 cyl won't win you any stop light drag races, it really loves to REV. Put it in sport mode & let it fly.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Thanks for all the responses. I have not made the purchase yet. I am still test driving and negotiating. To me, the TSX is clearly worth a premium over the Accord and I agree it is a better looking and better driving car. However, I think Acura was not agressive enough with the pricing on the V6, which is why they have had to give the dealers cash incentives to move them off the lot only a few months after the V6's introduction. With an MSRP of almost $39,000 for a V6/Tech, the TSX is 7K more than an Accord and in the same general neighborhood as a BMW 328, Infiniti G37 or even the base Acura TL. Despitew that, the TSX has been a success for Acura so they are probably not looking for any advice from me. ;)