Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I live in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area and I am looking to get an auto 06 TSX w/o Navi., with rear spoiler ($600) and all-weather mats ($132). I am looking to pay $27.5K, am I way off? What do you guys think?? If I can't get a good deal on an 06 I try to get an '05 for a little over $26K with the same options.
  • toscitosci Posts: 18
    I test drove a 2006 TSX with navi this past weekend. I was told that the best price I can get right now is the Costco or AAA price of invoice + $1200. This would be $27,250 (no navi) or $29,070 (navi) including destination. The sales person sounded like she would even go $100-200 lower if I was going to buy at that very moment, but I did not try to deal with her yet because I'm not exactly ready to buy. I'd bet that she would be willing to go even lower if they had more 2006 TSXs on the lot, but they only had two so far.
  • I'm in the DC area as well and am looking for an '06 TSX with Navi (black/ebony). Any luck with a particular dealer? Have you found a good price quote? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • :) I paid a little over what everyone is getting theirs for but as soon as i drove from the lot I forgot all about it!!! this car is smooth and the features are awesome!! I'm switching the rims on Saturday (getting the 05 one's) ...

A NEW HAPPY TSX OWNER!
  • What's you opinion of this deal?

2006 TSX Auto Non-Nav
    26,950 + tax/tags

I can't get any other dealer in the area (Raleigh, NC) below 27,250. Should I keep pushing or is this price in line with what others are paying?
  • I'd say as long as the dealer doesn't try to pad the deal on the backside, grab the car. Sounds pretty good to me. With the '06's more than likely being a hot ticket for awhile, you may not do better than this. :shades:
  • Agree. This is a very reasonable deal, and in line with what we paid for similar specs.
  • Got an '06 Nighthawk Black Pearl,auto,no navi, w/rear wing spoiler for $27,500+TTL. What do you guys think? :shades:
  • I'm also trying to buy an '06 TSX. There are three dealers here and the best they're offering is $800 off list (bite me), which seems unreasonable. They give me the "limited production/vehicle is in high demand" excuse.
  • Unfortunately, this statement isn't entirely inaccurate. You may find that the first run of '06's is hard to find at more than $800 below sticker.

The car has been a hot seller since its release in early '03.
  • Sorry to ask twice bradykp. Will you please list the dealer who gave you a deal and/or others in NJ who will do similar? Needing car ASAP and first time buying/dealing/figuring lease or finance on my own. I used autobytel once. Do they still get invoice/best deal? It was back in the late '90s.

Thanks so much
  • Looks like you got a GREAT deal. Where are you located/what dealer did you buy from?
  • The dealer that gave me my deal hasn't come through yet. I'm still waiting for them to locate the car. For people who care here are some quotes i've got:

Bridgewater quoted 28,000 with navi
    Springfield is who i'm waiting for at 27,700.

Open Road Acura in Wayne said they'd match any deal plus beat it by $100. it's on their site. they have to have the car on the lot though for the policy to be enforced. My recommendations, call all the dealers in NJ. Contact them for quotes, and grab the lowest one. Get it in writing of some form, then start contacting other dealers with that quote.

I was looking for a 2005. they were gonna give it to me for 27,300 with navi. I decided to wait for 2006. I call and ask my salesman how much for 2006 with navi and he said 27,500. I went in and put a deposit. $189 documentation fee. I think my salesman made a mistake and they honored it in good faith. From what i've been seeing on acurazine forums most people are getting the car with navi for around 28,000 - 28,700. i would not pay more than 28,500 in NJ. there are plenty of dealerships to get them competing against each other, and the cars should start coming in larger quantities now that the initial 6-10 car shipments have been delivered

sorry i didnt respond quicker, i forget i was posting on this forum.
  • Going to pick up my new ride tonight. Non Navi Royal blue with the Parchment interior. Very sharp car!! Really like the new styling. Buying from Montgomeryville Acura outside of Philly. They only have two available (one now). Priced at $27,600 with the protection package. 48 month lease at $409/month, $550 down (includes 1st payment)A bit disappointed that it is not selling for closer to invoice but my current lease is up today and needed to make a decision. They gave me the limited delivery/new model arguments. Contacted several other dealers and this was the best deal for an in stock car in the color I wanted! Was seriously considering the TL but $ was a little tight.
  • is that 28500 include Destination charge?

If it does that is invoice price for with navi.
  • Invoice price for navi is $27,872 including destination. Edmunds is in error. Carsdirect.com has a different price.

28,500 including destination is the MOST i would pay. My deal is 27,700 including destination, but i got a freak deal.
  • I am thinking about getting one. 06 with navi

28500 sounds like a good number.

I should probably low ball with 28,000 first and start from there.

29,000 will be my max.

What do you think?

I am debating if i should get it at the end of Dec or Jan

I am getting mine finance with my credit union. so i will not be going into the F$I room ;P
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    You might not get as good a deal in Jan. Right around xmas would be the best time to get a car.
  • I am looking for the '06 non-navi in Glacier Blue. The '06s have been slow arriving in this area, but I finally found one this week in San Jose. The dealer was very hard nosed, and said $500 off MSRP is the best they could do, and wouldn't negotiate. From one of the above posts I understand the AAA/Costco price is about $1200 over invoice, so if all else fails, I could do that. Has anyone else purchased or obtained quotes in the Bay Area/Norcal, and if so, what kind of numbers are you getting. If possible, please also say which dealer.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
  • fredvhfredvh Posts: 853
    Aren't you a little leary about sending a 28K brand new vehicle 3000 miles? I certainly have reservations after hearing some of the stories from other car owners. Is there such a thing as covered car carriers or would that be cost prohibitive?
  • Which dealer did you talk to? I live in the bay area and will probably be starting to get quotes for a navi equipt '06. $500 off MSRP doesn't sound that good to me.
  • Waffle, I talked to Autowest Acura, Stevens Creek, Santa Clara/San Jose. They gave me the speech about new model, new features, short supply, etc. I just this morning requested a quote from Acura of Concord. We'll see how that goes.

In looking at local inventories, it does seem that there are more TSXs with navigation than without, so that might help you. Good luck in your search, and if you find a reasonable dealership, please let me know who that might be.
  • First, I just bought a 04 TSX 6 sp with 17 k mi for $20,500. Meteor blue with spoiler, locks, trunk tray, splash, tint. A few scratches on the rear bumper that I have hidden well via touch up paint, rubbing compound and patience. Ebay was my source but preinspection was OK.
    anyhow, 6 speeds are rare. New ones do not exist except in special order. To me the auto is just an Accord but the 6 speed transforms the car.
    6 speed does hamper resale in that few want them. I got a good price in private sale. Acura dealer would have wanted $23k at least.
    But production remains 35,000 per year which keeps resale high but surprising for Acura not to go for 50-60k units. Acura has what 300 dealers so on average 115 cars per dealer per year. that is only 10 per month, which is hardly a volume or profit car in that regard.

If only 5 percent are 6 speeds you do the math. All car magazines test and love 6 speed but no one really owns one.
    Anyone know the actual 6 speed production rate. I guess 5-10 percent. No dealer ever has one. Real insult it that same price as auto despite much less cost. At least give something.

Anyway, may consider a 06 in 6 months as the new features are nice sounding and I doubt my car depreciates much in that time. Glacier blue looks good on brochure.

Anyone actually have a 06 6 speed in hand. Engine tweaks really nice?

Inky
  • Cars.com has $25,436, Edmunds has $26,051, what's the true invoice?

Dave in VA
  • The Acura of Concord quote was $27,986, plus tax & License, which is MSRP less $519. They said these cars are moving well, and still in short supply, so they see no need to go less than MSRP minus $600. It may be that deals will get better next year when/if demand for the '06 cools.
  • I think the former is invoice without destination charge ($615), and the latter is invoice plus destination charge.
  • No, because edmunds lists invoice and destination at $26,666.

Dave in VA
  • acudaacuda Posts: 2
    Try Acura of Pleasanton! I have bought my 05 TSX auto w/navi a few months back from there at right around invoice. The Internet Sales Manager was nice and seemed honest to me. No haggle, no hassle! And he was willing to negotiate even his quote was already the best among all other quotes. Hope this help :-)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,460
    Honda (Acura) seems to be spot on with the whole supply/demand idea when it comes to the TSX. I think it has exceeded their sales expectations. Every week in the paper, there are various ads for different car dealers. They've always got some "special" lease on the MDX, RL, & TL. Next to those cars is a picture of the TSX that says "order your '06 TSX today."

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    The cars.com numbers are correct although even knowing that number doesn't give you the exact number the dealer actually pays for the car (even knowing holdback).