Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Congrats, lexus, and good call on the extended warranty and lojack. These are nothing but stealer profit-padders.

Enjoy your shiny new car, and be sure to post your driving impressions here! You just made a major upgrade from your Accord. :shades:
  • I sat in one Friday in springfield MO. New glacier blue auto with navi $30,500. Bluetooth, fogs and MPG trip computer, memory seats are new to all TSX. Some minor updates in steering wheel. Still no one touch sunroof that even a civic now has. Getting kind of pricey at $28,500--05 close out TL's were going for unbelievable $30,200. Now side by side the TL is much larger car but not that heavier. Odd?

New glacier blue is nice. The old light blue it is not.

Regards.... Oh, I liked the old TSX wheels!
  • I made deal with the dealer and told him i wanted to switch the 06 rims for the 05 one's..he said the 06 are better in quality (alloy something) but the design is weak...I told him to switch them with a 05 used model in their lot and he said it was all good!
  • I checked cars.com - don't see any invoice price listed for the 06. :mad:
  • laineylainey Posts: 62
    It's still there....Are you not going through the "New

Build a car & see invoice prices" dropdown on the home page????????????
    pasted from cars.com:
    2006 Acura TSX
    4dr Sedan Base
    MSRP1 Invoice2
    Base Price $27,890 $25,436
    Destination $615 $615
    Options $0 $0
    Total Price $28,505 $26,051
  • My wife and I signed the contracts on Friday (the 26) and gave them the down payment and was told i would get it by today (monday the 29th)...is this a done deal even if I have not driven the car off the lot yet? . I feel these guys just wanted the sale but won't be getting my car til the 15th...that explains the free loaner car ..I talked to a friend who has a brother that works for a dealership and he informed me that if the car is not there yet, you can back out of the deal and get your down payment back.. :confuse:

please advise
  • gkg680gkg680 Posts: 25
    It was long ago, but in spring of 1996, I ordered a new Acura CL coupe. The CL was new that year, and a black one with manual transmission was hard to find.
    My dealer assured me that the car was on the way. Eventually, I became irritated and started making phone calls. I learned from Acura executives in California that the Ohio plant used to manufacture the CL would be building Honda Civics all summer long, and I could not get my CL for several months, or more.
    My '83 Saab was falling apart, so I bought a new '96 Saab, much as I had wanted the Acura. I received my deposit back without a fight.

This was a Chicago area dealer, and indeed, I doubt that any dealer could retain your deposit after failing to deliver your car within a reasonable time, but it opened my eyes to the forms of deception that can be used against a buyer. I've always wondered why this particular industry must resort to such practices.

Good luck with your order. My friends who drive Acuras love them, and I hope to soon buy a TSX myself.
  • I'm pretty sure that, until you sign the papers and drive the car off the lot, you can back out of the deal. Even after signing the papers you can back out. As long as you don't drive the car off the lot, you have options.

The Stealer may not like it much, but that's life.

For you, I counsel patience. You seem really antsy. If they are providing a free loaner, it seems they're dealing in good faith. What's the big rush? If you just wait, you'll be very happy with the car when it does arrive.

Two weeks isn't that long. :shades:
  • Thanks Johnny,
    and you're right..! will wait for a few more days... :surprise:
  • Now that the '06 TSX is coming out, does anyone have any ideas on what sort of deals may be available on an '05? I'm hoping they'll have a few left by Feb because I want to use my tax refund for part of the down payment....
  • Given the nice upgrades coming with 2006 TSX's, you should be able to find solid deals on remaining '05's. What those deals amount to would be wholly dependent on your region and the dealer you are negotiating with.

Just be prepared to play hardball. I'm not sure what would be left by February, but you should be able to find something.

Frankly, I'd still shop the '06's. You may end up paying 2-3K more, but you'll get some nice features not available on the '05's. More ponies, too. :shades:
  • Thanks for the reply! Fortunately, a friend at work used to sell Acuras, so he's going to help me when the time comes. A lot depends on what the bank will give (er, lend) me...
  • I checked the site today, it shows up now...it may have been a glitch in their site the first time I check. Thanks for the follow up. :)
  • Anyone with any experience in the Houston area? Looking for 2005 TSX non navi. thanks!
  • Dealer just quoted me 25,750 for an '05 TSX w/o navigation. It's $500 below carsdirect price but still a few hundred over invoice. With the 06's due in 10 days, should I get a lower price for the car?
  • I got this response from one of the local dealers today:

The Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $28,505.00
    The Manufacturers Factory Invoice which is (Dealer Cost) is $25,934.00
    DUVAL ACURA SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE is: $37,214 plus tax and fees and this Price will Only be Honored thru the Internet Department.
    Our price includes a Special Acura Protection Package which includes (Splash Guards, Trunk Tray and Wheel Locks) - a $375.00 value at no charge to you which is included in the above Price to you.

I have to assume the $37,214 is a typo, and should be $27,214. I've already been approved by my credit union for $25,000, and I'm selling my current car ('01 Altima) to my mother, so I should be in a good bargaining position.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and/or advice. I'm going to go tomorrow (Sat) and at least test drive one. There's another dealer on the other side of town, so maybe I can get them into a bidding war. Also, are those Vehicle InfoPaks worth the money?
  • is that for NON NAVI right?
  • RE: is that for NON NAVI right?

That's correct....
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    $26,500 would be a good price for the car. People have already bought 06s for 5-700 over invoice. The $375 package that they are offering you costs them virtually nothing - that should not even come into play. Considering some of the great deals some people have been able to get on 06s I'm wondering if there's some money under the table Honda is offering to the dealers we don't know about. Only 1200 or so TSXs sold last month vs. the usual 2500 in other months. The week before xmas would be a good time to buy.