Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Too bad you need the nav system to get all the functionality and screen. That makes it way more than $395 in real cost. Looks good though.
    Now all they need is stability control and a higher fuel economy model. Maybe 2009 will be year to buy a Fusion.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    I think you still get a video screen with Sync even without the Nav - it's just smaller.
  • mschmalmschmal Posts: 1,757
    You don't need the screen to run the systm. It uses voice commands. You don't get a screen other than what is on the radio which is a couple of lines.

On cars with Nav, you get functions displayed on the screen.

Synch will be STANDARD in Focus SES!

Mark.
  • One thing that always bothered me about Ford and GM. They were always crowing about how great their build quality is .. what a big improvement over the past.

But they never would put their money where their mouth is. It was all just a lot of talk. I would have purchased a Ford or GM product long ago if they had improved their all-inclusive warranty from 36/36,000 to 60/60,000. Hyundai had a horrible reputation but they stood behind their product and sales have soared.

I once asked why Ford and GM would never increase their warranty to prove that they believed in their product. The answer? It would cost them too much in warranty repairs!
    My point exactly.

The working men at Ford GM always get a bad rap, but the people who have really sold the companies down the creek are the highly paid executives who come and go and pocket millions along the way, while market share keeps dropping. Nice work if you can get it!
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    My right hand side mirror on my 2006 Lincoln Zephyr collided with an immobile object :) albeit at a very low speed. I am posting here because I suspect the Milan/Fusion employ a similar mirror design.

The plastic mirror assembly has sheared off - the motor, glass and chrome pieces are intact.

I wonder if I can replace as a DIY project - how easy it it to remove the door panel? I only see 2 screws, does it slide out after these are removed?

Also, is there an internet parts supplier for Ford/Mercury/Lincoln parts like www.gmpartsdirect.com (I've been buying parts from the latter at 50-60% of the dealer prices).
    There should be one screw in the bottom of the door pull, one or two around the bottom edge and maybe one near the latch. The rest are clips that just pop out.

I've always used Team Ford in Las Vegas for internet parts purchases. Check with Bill Jenkins - great prices and great service.
    Only franchised dealers are permited to sell Genuine FLM parts.

All dealers pay the same for parts.

If you get a good quote online, take it to your local dealer and see if they will match it.

Mark.
  • green2gogreen2go Posts: 14
    The Fusion was my first domestic car in a while. On balance, I love the auto-lock feature -- it's one of several that make feel like the car is considerate and is looking out for me. Every so often it can be annoying to have to unlock all the doors after a quick trip, but mostly it works smoothly and intuitively and I think it's an important security feature.
    2006 Fusions allowed you to turn Auto lock and Auto unlock on/off through the info center. These seems to be missing on 2007 Fusions :confuse:

Auto Unlock pops the rest of the door locks when the driver opens his/her door.
  • wblake99wblake99 Posts: 18
    My 2007 Milan built in March of this year has that feature. I don't think it is availble with a manual trans, however.

If I remember right the Message Center has no controls for this function so it must be 'programmed' by one of those turn the key, then off, then stand on your right foot while touching your nose with your left hand type of situations.

I'm sure it is all in the owner's manual, but the dealer asked me if I wanted it on or off so they would know whether to go through the process to turn it off.

On my 2006 Mountaineer it is in the setup menu on the Message Center and is easy to turn on or off.
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    Btw, is the mirror easy to replace as a DIY? Does anyone have instructions or gotchas to share?

Thanks in advance!
  • dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    I replaced my mirror on my Olds Intrigue. Very easy to do. Most cars are similar. The key is finding the location of the screws, normally 2 or 3. One is normally "hidden" on the inside latch. Then it is a matter of using a screwdriver or knife to pry the door panel from the frame. Once the panel is off, unplug the electrical connector and unscrew the mirror. Then do it in reverse to install the new mirror. it will tkae you 15 minutes, start to finish. Again the key is finding the screws to undo the door panel.

Good luck.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    It's supposed to get a styling update and available stability control.
    Maybe the 3.5 V6 will be available.

I wonder if it will get this new Ford design element?

The 3.5 will be available but it's not clear whether the refresh will appear next year or the year after. Probably won't know for sure until LA or Detroit Auto Show.
    Igor (the author of that article)and I have conflicting inside sources. Mine said it was delayed and his source got scared and clammed up. That why I said we really don't know yet if it will appear next year or not.
  • scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    What a great article. I own an 06 SEL V6 loaded with every option for that year. I feel cheated!! :cry: . Not really, I know how the market goes. Glad to see Ford is actually improving on something good. I look forward to my next Fusion in 2010/11. I'm going to go for the 2.5 4cyl with about 180-200HP in AWD SEL platform. I hope they do debut these changes very soon. Fall of 08 would be good ;)
  • A reporter seeks to talk with owners of the 2007 or 2008 Ford Fusion or Mercury Milan who are also parents of young children. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 15, 2007 and include your city and state of residence as well as the age of your child/ren.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine

Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    Well, I have reached 23,000 miles on my 06 SEL V6 Fusion. Recently took a road trip and with my speed averaging 75MPH I achieved 29.8 MPG. Not bad I'm happy with that. No problems to report. Car is solid and has no rattles or squeaks. My average MPG is 24.7 around town with mixed Freeway/surface street driving. Cheers! :shades:
  • Hello all...

What I'm looking forward to is the debut of the rumored Fusion coupe, which I believe is slated for 2009. Maybe there will be a Milan coupe also. This I'm NOT sure about. It would be interesting, speaking for myself, to finally see a Fusion/Milan coupe with AWD and the upcoming improvement of ESC. WOW!

BTW does anyone have any idea if the new SYNC will eventually become Ford's answer to GM's OnStar, in time? I've read of such rumors elsewhere, but if this is true I seriously would consider a Ford in my future.

Peace!<-AladdinSane-<- :shades: