Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan

Comments

• berriberri Posts: 4,141
    Besides, if auto companies got generous with out of warranty repairs that would reduce their sale of overpriced extended warranties. It might also encourage buyers to hold on to vehicles longer.
  • cannon3cannon3 Posts: 296
    It is amazing how people react when they get burned. I cannot believe this dealer did not have the car checked out before buying it. How do you kow how the car was treated or serviced before? Previous owner could have really abused the vehicle. I now have 45,000 miles on my 06 Fusion V6 SEL and its transmission is fine. I did have it serviced at 30,000 miles. Change oil every 4,000 miles. Air filter every 10,000, on and on... I do prevenative maintanence for a living, maintenace reviews of tools/machines ect. I am a true believer in taking care of your vehicle. Cheaper to do fluid changes/filter changes than to replace a whole engine/transmission.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Well, now that you all completely FLAMED me, and called me everything from stupid to whining, I will complete the story.

First of all, when you buy a car from the auction you cannot try the car out, or check the car out prior to buying it. You rely on the seller to disclose any major defects in the car. Ford Motor Credit is normally very good about this, so you can generally trust them when they sell you a car "green light" which means, the car is guaranteed to be free of major mechanical defects or frame damage. This car was sold to me "green light". This is why I felt cheated, because the car should have been sold "red light" meaning, buyer beware, you take your chances.

It took a month - but Ford is buying the car back from me full refund. I am satisfied, even though it took a month to chase after them to live up to their guarantee. I will continue to buy Fords because they stepped up to help me. Turns out they did care, and they want my continued business. :shades:
  • Ford was good to us when my wife's out-of-warranty Contour would die while driving every 3 months and came up good in their testing. I wouldn't sell it privately knowing it might kill someone so the factory bought it back at a very fair price providing we buy a new Ford or Mercury new car as a replacement. They got lots of loyalty plus they got us singing their praises.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,666
    To be fair, you left out the "green light", "red light" part of the story. Sounds like "green light" is some type of implied warranty.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    As Paul Harvey used to say, "And Now the rest of the Story" I find it easy to get flamed on these forums but when you leave out half the story you almost invite it.
  • xmechxmech Posts: 90
    I looked through the manual and found nothing.

On the 2010 Fusion, is there a way to program the interior lights so they don't automatically come on when you turn off the car? I found the one so the headlights don't come on when you use the remote to unlock the car, but not the aforementioned interior lights.

Thx!
    Not that I know of. Did you check the owner's manual?
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    The color of the lights was not the issue of concern, so I didn't mention it until I was universally flamed by all respondents. The issue was that Ford wasn't going to stand behind a vehicle with 36100 miles on it. In the end, they did, as they should have, regardless of how or who bought the car.
  • You have always been a strong supporter of Ford, nvbanker, so I am glad to hear how this turned out. Had I been in your shoes on this deal, I would likely have felt much the way you did.

Anytime I have ever had a problem that was "gray," Ford has stepped up to the plate including AWAs for my Lincoln LS and even for the old Taurus we used to have. They don't always have products that I want but I always felt like they treated me fairly. Of course, I have always had the dealer on my side and your situation was a bit different.

Again, glad this worked out and congratulations for getting it done.
    Cars bought at auction are almost always bought "as is". Apparently the Ford Credit auctions are different and we didn't know that.
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    You do realize that (a) the Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima, Honda Accord, and Hyundai Sonata are made right here in the USA, and (b) you just replied to a post from almost a year ago. Right?
    So it is a year old. He made a good point, and I agree. Sure there are some foreign junk made here but all the profit goes back to their country to help their economy, not ours. If more people bought American when possible we wouldn't be where we are now. I go out of my way to buy American when I can like I don't have a foreign piece of clothes in my closet and my tennis shoes are New Balance which in most cases are also American. I look at the labels and get what I can.
    :shades:
  • petras2petras2 Posts: 104
    I agree with your post and try to buy American made whenever possible..the issue I have with the fusion is that it is made in Mexico with only 55% US parts..even the eng/tranny are foreign built..another car I am considering is the camry, built in the US with 75% US/CA. parts..buying a ford fusion may help the co. and its stockholders but I don't see how it helps our own people get decent jobs...
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    "I don't have a foreign piece of clothes in my closet"

Wow...how is that even possible? I doubt I have a single clothing item with "made in USA" on the label. But then, I don't mind human beings in other countries having jobs, so I can't say that I have read all the labels.

I even own some foreign stocks, so some of those profits of foreign companies come back to me, here in the US.
    Can we please not go there (again)?
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,231
    Small % of vehicle purchase goes to the manufacturer and stockholders (profit). Far more goes to suppliers, assemblers, etc. I try to buy something that benefits the US the most while still meeting my needs. The ONLY neg I have on the fusion is where its built and the content. I would still buy it but it certainly doesn't get bonus points for being "domestic" in my book.
    Congrats on keeping the 2nd graders of other countries enployed. Me, I like being able to keep them in school here, but than again that takes money that you seem to send oversea's.
    Take it offline. This argument is old and nobody's going to win.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    You're right, of course, it's just so hard to resist that bait, though... ;)