Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Mercury Montego

Comments

• ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    That's a good analogy, I'm glad more people are aware of the benefits of full frame vehicles. IN this age of crash-can vehicles, most have forgotten the benefits of body on frame vehicles.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I got the toq-tow truck thing, I was referring to the post on pleading the 5th.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Interesting points. I'm learning a lot about the auto industry from you. I feel that your Crown Vic/Altima situation is a bit circumstantial, and there are a lot of unknowns, such as speed, seatbelt usage, etc, but point taken.

Thanks for your continued info on this board.

~alpha
  • libertycatlibertycat Posts: 593
    ANT, what is pleading the 5th?????????
    DOES ANYONE AGREE??? I LOVE THE SEL PREMIUM WITH WOOD TRIM, WOOD STEERING WHEEL, AND YUMMY LEATHER.
  • hammyztshammyzts Posts: 9
    he means he is pleading the 5th amendment where he doesn't have to speak to defend himself for fear of incriminating himself. "You have the right to remain silent..."-this is is the 5th amendment. This whole thing is an expression. You don't get out much..
  • frasierdogfrasierdog Posts: 128
    I thought we covered this in 7th grade ...

As well as NOT saying:

" ... and you know"
    " ... and um ... and um ..."
    " ... it's like, you know .."
    Update: We are now seeing public life of the 3.5L Duratec V6 (Cyclone).

Detroit News has an article discussing it.
    http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosinsider/0307/15/c01-218065.htm

This is the engine I mentioned months back would be offered on the 500/Montego/Fresstyle a year after it's introduction. Notice the time line as to when they will begin the engine production.

A correction on the article, the current 3.0L that will debut on these vehicles, will NOT have 200HP, it'll be a bit more than that.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    The Accord DOESNT use the 3.5L engine from the Pilot/Ody..

geez, get the facts straight, DET News.

~alpha
  • Hi, I am new to this site and when I saw the picture Of this car, I just fell in-love with it. Does anyone know what the starting price might be. I want to start saving now and I need to know how much overtime I will have to work. I was going to buy a car this fall, but I am willing to wait for this car. Please someone help me with the info I am requesting. Thank you so much for any info anyone can give me.
    Sincerely,
    Nurse_luna
    So far prices have not been set, and it won't be set for quite awhile, but your looking at $25K-30K.
  • Thank you so much for the pricing info on this car. Do you know if there are any other pictures some place that I can look at. I am really excited about this car. Is this car at auto shows? I am not a big car fan, so I have no idea about car shows and how they are handled. I would just love to see more pic on the interior of this beauty. My brother-in-law works for ford as did my father-in-law. But I don't talk to my brother-in-law very much. He lives about 300 miles away from us. Also, do you know how much room is in the car. Is it bigger then a sable? I was going to buy a mini van this fall, but after seeing this car I decided to wait and save as much as I could. Thank you so much for any additional info you have.
    Sincerely,
    Nurse_Luna
    No those are the only pictures so far have been shown throught out all the postts on this thread. If there's any pictures that are publically published, then chances are I already entered them onto this thread.

The vehicle will be larger than the Sable, it's interior volume will measure under the EPA's Full-size classification. The seating will be much more upright, and at butt level when you enter the vehicle. Meaning, you will sit up a bit higher than most other sedans. And as you read, it'll be offered in FWD and AWD versions, etc.

It's still a year away so you have time to save up for it.
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Posts: 518
    ANT-

You said $25-30K pricing on the Montego...will the Ford 500 be cheaper, or are they going to price them side-by-side and rely on a different "image" to differentiate the two cars?

-Andrew L
  • Dear ANT14,
      Again, thank you for the info you have provided to me. I use to drive a Grand Marquis and I really loved all the room I had in it. Will the Montego be more like that in size? Also, was this at an auto show?...or will it be and when? Thank you so much for all the info you have given me. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Nurse_Luna
    Andrew, it'll be priced in the same way current Mecury's are. They are generally a bit more equipped than their Ford counterparts, but if you were to load a Five-Hundred, the same way as a Montego, the price would be almost the same.

Nurse Luna, a prototype has not yet hit the autoshow circuit, but look for it to possible be displayed at the next round of auto showers at the end of this year/beginning of next year. Yes the interior will be sized as a Full-size, just like the Grand Marquis, but the exterior will not be as huge and bulky as the Grand Marquis.

The Grand Marquis is quite a bit long because of it's platform, the type of platform, etc. and the packaging is rather unefficient. Whereas the 500/Montego's packaging is much more trim... like the Focus, the interior dimensions are maximized, while keeping trim exterior dimensions.
    Futura/Murderer (LOL, I'll call it that until they name it)? Will these be in the $20-25K range?
    No the range will be $25K-30K roughly. The size class is Fullsize.
    You already said the 500/Montego would be in the $25-30K range. Will the Futura/Murderer be $20-25K and mid-size?
This discussion has been closed.