Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Mercury Montego

124»

Comments

• ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    Incorrect, at no time has Ford, or Lincoln officials stated that the Aviator would die for 2005. This story was based on speculation due to a factory (St.Louis) being closed (as planned). Days later at a conference, Ford's Scheele was asked about that report, and mentioned it wasn't true. While there is a SUV/Crossover being planned for Lincoln, it has a different mission than the current Aviator.

As for Monterey and Mariner, it's not hurting any to offer dressed up Ford's for them. Mercury's best sales were in years where such a product range existed. If other manufacturer's can pull it off, it will not hurt Mercury/Lincoln dealerships any.
  • upsetter1upsetter1 Posts: 205
    I think GM could follow Fords strategy with Olds, just make it rebadged Chevies. Chevy looks too bland and interior has pretty cheap feeling. Many people wouldn't buy Chevy just because of that cheapo image. Basically Mercury is not mechanically different from Ford, but still looks more upscale and more subtle. If Old was just more upscale Chevy with more elegant and upscale look it would be winner. There is nothing that GM can offer. Chevy is too plain. Pontiac is for gen X,Y,Z.... Caddy is too into face and too expensive. Buick is geriatric like Toyota. The only thing left is SAAB and it is too expensive. I don't consider Saturn because it is econobox department.
  • wsag26wsag26 Posts: 124
    ANT14, That was about a week ago or so. I didn't know Ford had reported differently.

upsetter, I feel that you don't like GM vehicles, but I do. I don't really like Ford vehicles but like to keep up to date with the new vehicles they are making. Ford should be a good example for GM at this time. It is a good idea what you think GM should do with Oldsmobile, but I personally think that General Motors has too much upscale vehicles (olds, buick, cadillac) They need to revise some of there models like how they are right now. Now that GM is phasing out Oldsmobile to do this to GM rooms:

1)Saturn- Entry Level Vehicles
    2)Chevrolet- Value Priced Vehicles
    3)Buick- Middle Upscale Vehicles
    4)Cadillac- Expensive upscale vehicles

This will do a lot good to GM, upsetter. The Olds idea is great, but I don't think GM is going to follow Ford. Ford needs to make Lincoln more upscale (in my opinion) and let Merc fill in the other gap that Lincoln left.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Not a bad lineup. Where's Pontiac though?
124»
This discussion has been closed.