Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura MDX 2007

Comments

• davantdavant Posts: 294
    I haven't noticed the tilt as even being annoying on our '07 Sport-Ent. You may try tilting the seat back slightly to counteract. Not finer gripping & feeling SUV out there...SH-AWD works well so you may need those headrests in the twisties.
  • gwsatgwsat Posts: 2
    I returned from a trip to Atlanta earlier this week and was gratified by my 2007 MDX’s performance and handling. I drove nearly 2000 miles and had overall fuel mileage of 22.4, which I thought was just fine.

I have observed no fit or finish problems with my MDX. It is luxurious and the most comfortable car to drive, as well as one of the best handling, I have ever owned. Based on about 5000 miles of driving (including two long trips) over the course of the first two-and-a-half months I have owned it, my MDX has been the equal in owner satisfaction of my 2000 3.2 TL, which was high indeed. I could not be happier.
  • I'm talking with a distant dealer about an '07 with Bordeaux interior. Unfortunately I haven't seen the color and my local dealers don't have it so I can't check it out. Does anyone have it or has anyone seen it that can offer opinions? If so, how would you describe the color?
  • 88778877 Posts: 5
    I just came back from a Florida drive. Almost 8200 km . The 2007 MDX is beautiful SUV. It glides on the road. Very comfortable and no bad in gas either.
    (10.8 ltr per 100kms). At the moment the odometer is 32567 kms and with no problems at all. I like it very much so far. (I used to own 2001 and 2004 MDXs with
    no mechanical problems) Thanks
  • Has Florida switched over to the metric system?
  • Well, the jury's in....the '07 doesn't handle nearly as well in the snow as the '04. Thanks to the crappy weather here in the northeast, I had time to do an extensive comparison (well, just drove around a lot). Probably due in large part to the tires. Even with SH-AWD, which I could feel was trying very hard, it slipped and slided more than the '04. On the upside, turn off the '07s VSA and you can get all 4 wheels to spray snow every which way! Still, I was unable to get myself stuck on my hill, even when coming to a dead stop in the middle of it. How did everyone else's '07-'08 MDX do in the snow?
    Bourdeaux? Think Willy Wonka Chocolate Bar Explosion! It's not wine, hardly any red at all, not even burgundy by a stretch. Has a luxurious look that sucks up light, they should have called it Hershey's. I've also heard it called Boar-dough like a Pillsbury pig wallowed in dark mud throughout your car. I liked it initially but got the munchies just sitting inside. Any spills will hide easily. You have to see it for yourself somehow as it's not a mainstream or easily describable flavor interior. We opted for tan aka Creme-Boule' on a white pearl wrapper. Get what thrills you after hands on, not the flavor of the month that is available untasted.
  • I would like to know what you all are doing about having retractable window shades for your MDX. Obviously, we don't the cheap ones. I really feel bad for my kid when all the sun falls on him when I drive.

Please advise. THanks.
  • Picked up a retractable window shade at babies r us . Works just fine. Does that help?
  • 2.92 gallons
    62.5 miles
    21.4 mph
    Mt Airy (Md?) said,
    2.92 gallons
    62.5 miles
    21.4 mph

Not sure what you and/or Tony are looking for as feedback from a Floridian. Best I can do is translate it iinto Snowbird-speak. FL hasn't switched to the metric system, it just seems that way with all the Canadian tourists this time of year. You got 17.878 MPG or:

11.0534025 liters
    100.58400 kilometers
    34.4399616 kph
    9.09982243 KPL
    .109892254 LPK

We-uns is fixin' ta be wishin' y'all a happy holiday season, eh?
  • ghbmdghbmd Posts: 2
    I agree with the above sentiments. Just had our first two snowstorms and could not believe how poorly my '07 MDX handled. I too think it is the 18" "All Season Performance Tires"- too sporty for the snow. Just purchased a set of rims and 18" snow tires from TireRack.com and looking forward to the change.
  • Do you mind me asking how much that ran you? I imagine it's going to be expensive.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    11.0534025 liters

You realize, of course, that seven decimal places gets you down to a resolution of less than a microliter - or about 1/20th of a drop? :)

In any case, thanks for the holiday wishes and the same to you!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,921
    I've cleaned up my act - now I only calculate my mpg out to two decimal places. :shades:

Check out Acura MDX MPG Real World Numbers too.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    Way to go, Steve! Maybe I should do a Guide on signficant figures. ;)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Posts: 124
    Did a search, but could not find out whether the heated front seats are bottom only or do the seatbacks heat also. Help!
  • On the 2008, Driver Seat and outer second row seats heat both back and bottom. Front Passenger bottom only. Because of the sensors for the side airbag cutoff system,there is no heater in the passenger’s seat-back. I am sure 07s are the same.
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Posts: 124
    I appreciate the info. Now its time to read the whole thread and pickup as much as I can. We are looking at the MDX and the 4Runner as our retirement travel vehicle when I retire this year.
  • Are the red lights on the trunk reflective only or are they break or night lights?
  • Okay folks, I'm considering buying an MDX '07 Cert Pre-owned.

What do I need to know about any problems this particular year may have? I plan to get one with very low mileage (no more than 20K).

:shades:
  • ghbmdghbmd Posts: 2
    I have had mine for more than 2 years (got it Dec 2006) and it is great. Not one problem. Nothing more than routine maintenance. Great Car.
  • hewittphewittp Posts: 14
    I would like to seek your advice. There's a private party selling the Acura MDX 2007 Sport and Entertainment with 27K miles on it for $32.5K. Is this a good deal? Also, is there a big difference between 2007 and 2009 models? Any replies is appreciated.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Posts: 167
    Let me put it this way: I was one of the first owners of an 07 MDX (October 14, 06 ~ Sport w/ Entertainment) and I have exactly 27K miles on mine and the payoff figure on my lease is at $35K. The Kelly Blue Book puts it at between 32-34K, depending on condition.

I've never had any problem with mine and am still enjoying it!
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Posts: 710
    Damn! I thought i was the first, bought ours Nov. 20 '06 (sport,ent) paid sticker, now has 26K. Have replaced the tires with Bridgestones. Only problem was wind noise on drivers side which they corrected under warranty.
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Posts: 167
    Sorry, Pal ~ I got mine three days before the official debut ;)!

BTW, what kind of wind noise did you have on the driver's side?
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Posts: 710
    Sounded like the window was open a crack, they replaced the whole window moulding and the noise disappeared.
  • austinsfsaustinsfs Posts: 9
    I recently started my search for a pre-owned 2007 MDX, and one of the cars I looked at (at Carmax) had everything imaginable on it -- entertainment, tow package, running boards, full roof rack, etc. Except for the mileage (60K) and convincing my husband, I would have snapped it up. Kind of wish I had, actually -- though hubby wants us to find one with lower miles (which would be nice provide has all aforementioned bells and whistles).

When I asked the dealer about an iPod jack (which seems to me to be an obvious thing to include in any car at this level), he showed me a jack/charger in the glove box. He indicated that it was "integrated with the navigation system" so that the nav knob would become the iPod switch, and that I could simply leave my iPod charging in the glove box, and manage my music using the nav knob.

As I only had my (non-compatible) iPhone with me, I wasn't able to test this myself.

Does anyone know if this might have been true? The very idea of an integrated iPhone screen via nav, and a jack that also charges the iPod while it plays....for amazing sound quality from my iPod...well, it nearly sounds too good to be true. If this a MFG product/upgrade, an after-market upgrade, or something that doesn't exist?

Please advise. Looks like leased Acura MDXs from 2007 should be hitting the market in October (when the first ones were leased)...I, for one, can't wait.
  • I just bought a pre-owned 2007 MDX, Tech w/24,000 miles. I have having fits with the reception on the FM tuner. Many of the stations that I received just fine on my '04 MDX, do not come in clearly on this one. Is there something I can do that doesn't require a new stereo or giving up listening to FM stations?
    On a related note, anyone have any new advice on how to hook up an iPod to play?
    Thanks!
  • jenntljenntl Posts: 28
    Curious if anyone has an inkling of what 07's will start going for as they start coming back from leases. My husband is looking at an 06 but we'd love the newer stylings but the price difference is pretty significant. thanks!
This discussion has been closed.