Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Owners: Meet the Members

Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
edited March 15 in Chrysler
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share some details about your !
Pacifica.

My name is KarenS and I am the host of the Edmunds.com Owners Clubs. Please let me know what discussions you would like to see in your Club folder. I will create them ASAP. You may want to take a look through the other clubs to get ideas for discussions.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

KarenS
Host
Owners Clubs

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

Comments

• russklassrussklass Posts: 389
    My name is Russ Klass, and I live in Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo).
    We took delivery of our Bright Silver/Taupe Pacifica on May 3rd, paying dealer invoice price.
    MSRP is $40,385, so it is pretty well loaded.
    Additions so far are wood dash kit (woostrim.com), rear bumper step and cargo envelope (Mopar), and a stainless steel exhaust tip (stylinconcepts.com).
    Only minor problem in the first 1,200 miles was a crecked center-dash speaker which was quickly replaced.
    The Pacifica follows two 300Ms, and we are very satisfied with it so far.
  • b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 193
    My name is Charlee Smith and my wife Sandee and I live in Templeton, CA. We bought our Satin Jade w/ light toupe-jade interior Pacifica on April 14 for the same MSRP as Russ. We are extremely happy with it. We considered and tested the Nissan Murrano, Accura MDX, Volvo XC-90 and Lexus RX-330. The Pacifica was an easy choice, with the RX-330 in second. We have yet to see another Pacifica on the road, even on our trip to So. Calif. last week. I like something different, but my wife always says "different doesn't mean better". In this case, different is the best.
  • hayemhayem Posts: 8
    Hi my name is Machelle Vanderlick and I live outside of Tampa Fl, in the clearwater area, I bought my pacifica, beginning of may, I was driving a bmw wagon, and I commute with my 2 kids daily, 60 miles +- daily, the wagon was getting too cramped with not enough bells and whistles for what I paid for it, ( I had only owned it for 4 months)when I went back to the bmw dealer to trade in and possibly upgrade to the suv, I was very upset with run around I was getting, and the BMW suv in it's self, less room (cargo) than the wagon, thus I went shopping( women love to do this) In the back of my mind I knew the pacifica was getting out and I called a few local dealers. the 2nd dealer I went to had one in stock LOADED, if I was going to look at one, it had to have EVERYTHING, I needed, needless to say I fell in love, the car was superb over the BMW, and the room and bells and whistles(dvd) navigational system are great!!!!!, I now have 960 miles and am averaging 15.8 MPG it keeps going up!!!. The only thing I did right away was take out one of my 2nd row seats allowing an aisle for my one kid to get to the rear and allowing the other into the 2nd row seat(still in baby seat), also allows me to just open rear passenger door and throw stuff in, ie, groceries etc... sorry my tale is soooo long, I just have so much too brag about and want to share my excitement and joy of owning the pacifica and being the new kid on my block with something that everybodies wondering, What is it?
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,028
    Welcome Pacifica owners!

I'll have to admit that I've yet to see one on the road in my area. I may have to drive by a dealership and check one out.

If you're concerned about privacy issues, you don't have to post your full name and/or home city. First name and home state is sufficient.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• aviateaviate Posts: 31
    Thank you Karen for setting this up. I know that this is just the beginning of the club, but trust we will have some great discussions. My name is Dennis and I purchased a Pacifica just over a week ago. I and everyone I have shown it to are very impressed with it. I am looking forward to seeing what additional accessories become available to personalize the cruiser. I will be embarking on a cross US trip on June 3 moving our 2 cats in the Pacifica from the San Francisco area to Naples, FL. I am looking forward to a fun trip in our new car.
  • mrpacifiedmrpacified Posts: 7
    My name is Doug and we live in the Boston area. Took delivery of an Inferno Red Pacifica about a month ago and have already racked up 3K miles. What a beautiful design. Thanks Karen for setting this up. I look forward to checking in frequently.
  • jerrykohjerrykoh Posts: 15
    I'm Jerry and i live in the suburbs in greater seattle. The pacifica has been a great addition to the family, now i can ferry my twin girls in style and not compromise driver legroom (i'm tall). I share a butane blue AWD pacifica with my wife.
  • I'm Artie and we took delivery of a Midnight Blue AWD fully loaded minus the Navigation system on May 10th. I'm hoping that this will provide many years of happy driving and utility here in the Pacific Northwest as we travel both to the coast and Mt. Hood on a regular basis. I'm jealous that it is the wife's car. I love to drive it when I can.
  • par72manpar72man Posts: 2
    Took delivery of a black/taupe pacifica yesterday, having a ball playing with all the options. Traded in a LHS, definite upgrade and much more fun vehicle to own and drive. Enjoying all the attention from admirers.
  • tjdrn97tjdrn97 Posts: 1
    Hi. We are Tom & Jeannie from Dallas, TX. Our Pac was purchased May 25. We LOVE driving it! Tom is a little concerned about the MPG. I would like to have some more input from ya'll regarding this issue. We only have 500 miles on it so far and are getting about 16.4 average--combination city/highway. We're hoping it gets better. We paid just a little over $30K. (loaded enough for us) I've only seen two on the road here in Dallas. It's beautiful and comfortable.
  • rever2rever2 Posts: 15
    Hi, My name is Bill, from New York’s Capitol District. My wife and I bought our Pacifica in late April. We had a T&C for five years and was looking to buy an other van, but the Pacifica exceed all our needs, and did you ever remove a rear seat from a T&C? We now have a little over 1500 miles and are quite pleased with it. Driving is a dream, with its smooth and quite ride. We are retired and hope to take many trips with this vehicle. Did I mention the comfortable smooth ride?

We got the sunroof, power gate, 6 CD, chrome wheels, and full sized spare tire. Our mpg is averaging about 17 for local driving, and on a recent trip on two lane country roads we got 19 mpg (150 miles / 7.9 gal.). In a couple of weeks we are going to take a longer trip and expect to get even better mileage
  • delbertcadelbertca Posts: 1
    THIS CAR REPLACES A '90 MAZDA MPV THAT SURVIVED 3 KIDS FROM BIRTH TO 13 YEARS AND THE PACIFICA WILL HAVE A BIG SET OF SHOES TO FILL (178,000 TROUBLE FREE MILES). AS A CHRYSLER DEALERSHIP PARTS MANAGER I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THE INTRODUCTION OF THIS MODEL SINCE ITS CONCEPT PHASE, AND AM VERY PLEASED WITH OUR CHOICE. OURS IS A LOADED ALMOND/TAUPE AWD WITH ALL BUT THE HEATED SEATS. IT WILL DO DUTY IN THE FOOTHILLS OF NO. CALIFORNIA, SUMMERS TO 110 DEGREES AND WINTERS TO 20 DEGREES WITH SOME SNOW CHALLENGES. SIX YEARS AGO WHEN I STARTED WITH CHRYSLER I WAS NOT IMPRESSED WITH THE VEHICLE QUALITY, BUT AM NOW AN AVID PROMOTER OF THE COMPANY AND THEIR PRODUCTS.
    I WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP ANY FELLOW OWNERS WHO HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS OF CHRYSLER/MOPAR AND WILL POST ANY IMPORTANT INFO THAT MAY COME UP.
  • keladewigkeladewig Posts: 4
    Saw a reference to this board from the AllPar forums so thought I'd check it out. I'm Kristin from St. Louis, and I ordered my Pacifica the first day custom orders could be placed back in March. Took delivery in late April. I have the AWD in Satin Jade with Dark Jade/Light Taupe interior. My options include the heated seats, power liftgate, sunroof, Sirius Satellite Radio (AWESOME!), and full size spare tire. Traded in my 98 Sebring Coupe. Still can't believe I've actually got one - I've been obsessed with the Pacifica since I saw it as a concept in January 02!
  • rparianrparian Posts: 4
    Hi, my name is Rich and I live in NH with some pretty tough winters. Just traded in my Audi quatro for a new
    fully loaded Pacifica except for DVD. Ihave about 500 miles on the vehicle and I love it. Other vehicles I test drove and considered buying:
    Mercedes E320 Wagon. (Too Expensive)
    Mercedes c 320 wagon 4 matic (Too small)
    Lexus 330 SUV. Nice, but no cigar.
    Infinity - nearest dealer 1.5 hours away.
    Audi quattro wagon (Nice but Pacifica beats it in every way)

I do not think you can beat the Pacifica for practical use or price. The luxury and the ride and features are truly great.
  • maxmommaxmom Posts: 62
    I've been waiting since May 8th to post to this topic. I'm Mona in Tennessee and I took delivery of my Pacifica just this morning.

It is a FWD, Butane Blue with Light Taupe cloth interior. It is absolutely gorgeous and drives like a dream. The only option I added was a moonroof. The retail was $32,125. I purchased for $30,500 + $75 doc fee. In addition, I did receive the $1,000 incentive and 3.9% APR.

Thanks to all you fellow posters. The information I imparted from this board was invaluable in making this purchase and really feeling good about it.

Right now, I have many button functions to figure out.

Best to all,

maxmom
  • foxgofoxgo Posts: 27
    You mentioned that you got the $1,000 incentive, but you dod not say whether it was for lease loyalty or not.

Were you driving a Chrysler product previously, or did you receive the $1,000 incentive regardless of what type of car you used to have?
    My dealer said that had we not owned non-Chrysler vehicles we would not have qualified. He made copies of my registrations of non-Chrysler vehicles to support the incentive.

I believe he is mistaken, I think if you're breathing and can buy/lease, you qualify. Since I was getting my thousand, I didn't argue.
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Posts: 648
    waiting for mine (its code letter I right now) supposed to ship end of last week ... but hoping they just didn't up date the computer status code.

the dealer did bring up the rebate but I asked and they said OH its up on a site some place !!! I said yepp and pulled out a print out of the website with HIGHLIGHTED YELLOW on the or Non-Chrysler Competitive Vehicles (since I am trading a Highlander) they updated my purchase agreement with the $1000 as long as it arrives by end of the month (rebate ends 06/30/03) !!

plus got all my options listed on the purchase agreement installed price. Getting the mudflaps in gray (closest to the butane blue bottom facia which is like a midnight blue) and the scuff guard for the tailgate, wheel locks, toe package receiver with wire harness (why they have to charge for both is beyond me) should be all included. and U-Connect since I couldn't order it ON my pacifica (and no one knows why but its pulled as a factory option) but the Mopar one arrived in less then a week !!! its here and ready to be installed. ticked that they don't have the factory option available with the upgraded console.
  • ms_mayorms_mayor Posts: 113
    Woo Hoo! Just returned home with my shiny new Pacifica!

It's a FWD model,light almond pearl exterior with light taupe leather interior, a beautiful color combination.

Options include heated seats, DVD entertainment system (I've got 2 kids...they're in heaven!), cargo convenience group, power liftgate and chrome wheels.

My husband thinks its a great looking vehicle (he let me totally control the selection and purchase, since it would be mine!), and the drive home was his first inside one. Very comfy ride, he said.

Maxmom was right about all the fun buttons! Fortunately, a lot of the controls are familiar to me because of my husband's LHS, but there's still a lot to figure out.

Russ, I'll be reading my manual into the night <grin>.

Thanks to everyone for all your posts about the Pacifica! They really helped my purchase experience.

Looking forward to learning more from everyone else and enjoying my new Pacifica!!

Connie
    Connie -

Don't you just love it! I, too, was in control of this purchase, but my husband thinks I did exceptionally well.

It's a great vehicle and I feel I have a wonderful support group surrounding this purchase.

Happy Driving,

Mona
This discussion has been closed.