Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
What accesssories and or mods have you added to your Pacifica?

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• jerrykohjerrykoh Posts: 15
    was starting to get a bit paranoid with backing up my pacifica, since the bumper is so long and my driveway garage requires me to make a sharp turn to avoid a wall I've been looking around, and it seems like the AMT Autopark 2000 seems like a nice, cheap and elegant solution (no drilling of holes). Anyone used this before? any idea if it's worth trying it out? Thanks in advance for any advice. More about the Autopark 2000 here... http://www.bow-gun-hunting-sports.com/park.htm
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Posts: 648
    Did anyone get a Pacifica with U-Connect installed ? The bluetooth cell phone option. I tried ordering one but all it did was hold up my vehicle indefinitely. they say its not available now but dont know why? I heard it did ship on a few vehicles at first.

I ended up ordering the dealer installed model w/o the mirror mounted mike :( and will cost me more then if they offered it as an option ...
  • grbelotegrbelote Posts: 25
    Jerry, just received my Autopark 2000 and I'm still trying to figure out how to install it on the Pacifica's rear door. The instructions talk about cars with trunks, no mention of van type vehicle's. I sent E mail to company for some help but have not heard anything from as yet.I will post any info that I feel would be of interest to you. Punk
  • jerrykohjerrykoh Posts: 15
    i also ordered the autopark 2000, and have been wondering how to install it on the pacifica... any hints you manage to scare up would help. thanks.
  • ms_mayorms_mayor Posts: 113
    I read the link on Autopark and for a pretty small price you get some peace of mind in parking. I am just a few days away from delivery of my Pacifica, and 'learning' to drive a larger vehicle than I'm used to is a challenge I'm looking forward to. My husband has an LHS, and even in that car I have trouble judging how much room I have to back up.

I'll be very interested to hear back from you two on your installation and experience with the Autopark...I may just get one myself, if you feel its worth the cost and effort.
  • grbelotegrbelote Posts: 25
    I called the company 1 800 910 2862 and got very little info. Said to remove inside panel on rear door, run wires up to top of door then down to back up light wiring. Try calling to see if you get someone with more info than I received. Punk
  • Anyone find a good way to store the headphones? I couldn't believe they wouldn't fit in the center console in the second row seats. I've been trying to locate a rubbermaid type box that can fit/sit on the rubber tray on the floor that divides the floor space in the second row. Currently the best option is to tilt the armrests of the second row seats down just a bit and hang them on there. However, this presents a problem if we wish to tumble the seats at all, possibly bye bye headset being crushed. Any suggestions?
  • b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 199
    After trying six or seven ways, I did get the headphones into the console. They have to be intertwined and compressed, but they will fit, barely, with the remote.
    just a quick question for those with Brown Cloth Taupe interior would you recommend a Brown Floor Mat or a Black Floor Mat Color. Looking to get the deep ridge type mats that collect the water or snow when used.

thanks
  • Didn't taupe floor mats come with your car? I would stick with a color that matches your floor carpet color as best as possible.

My problem with the floor mats is that they are so tiny, barely cover anything. In my Ford, Acura and Honda the floor mats fit like gloves in the space allowed and never had any dirt on the floor. I already have tons of dirt all over the place with these small floor mats.

If anyone finds a larger style or orders any from Mopar that are actually different than the ones that come with the car please pass it along. Thanks.
    exactly ... what I want to get is the large floor mats (found some reasonable priced ones at WalMart) that have the deep tray to catch the snow and slush. I usually put a set on top of the factory ones....

they come in Black and a brown only, the brown is a tannish brown color.

I get my Pacifica this Saturday hopefully... waiting for it to ship from the factory.
    Has anyone purchased/installed this accessory?

I found it on a website that sells Mopar accessories and it seems like a good idea to keep the back bumper in decent shape.

If you have it, is it easy to install? Worth it?
  • pssimonpssimon Posts: 143
    Where did you find these? I was planning to investigate these as soon as my car shows up (I've been told it was fully built and waiting for shipment 3 weeks ago!), if it ever does!

Was this at a dealer or on the web?
    Found them on the web. I did a search on 'pacifica accessories' and a dealer's site in NJ came up with an on-line parts department, Wyckoff Chrysler. (I don't think I'm allowed to post the link)

They had a lot of stuff: floormats, cargo accessories, splashguards, car covers, etc.

Let me know if you can't find it, and I'll be happy to e-mail you the site.

I'm sure there are other sites too. I checked the prices at Wyckoff and then e-mailed the dealer I bought from for a quote on the stuff I want as well.
  • mrl11777mrl11777 Posts: 154
    Don't forget the curb feelers.
  • Since I can't post the link I'll have to just describe it. Mopar provides all factory accessories for Chrysler cars. Find it. They have on their website all the accessories that you can get through the dealer provided color glossy brochure. By viewing the website you can find out pricing without having to ask the dealer what they cost. Also, there should be aftermarket companies that will also be releasing compatible products.

Be careful when finding discounted accessories at other dealers, I checked and by the time I paid for shipping it was only a couple dollars less than paying the discounted price from my local dealer, and fortunately my dealer already had the accessory in stock.
    you can also find them by going to the Chrysler pacifica site (build your own pacifica)... on the last page will be a link on the right to ADD dealer installed accessories . they are all there along with the list price and part number. I lucked out and got my dealer to give me discounted pricing on any parts I ordered with my vehicle. which I pick up Tomorrow Saturday 9 AM .. an AWD Butane Blue, with HID light, power lift, fullsize spare, larger stereo, NAV, DVD Video, No Leather or Sunroof (find those things not important on all my past cars I had them on)

(Mopar): Mudflaps, bug guard, scuff pad, wheel locks, U-Connect, trailer hitch and wiring harness .... plus I got the $1k rebate !!!
    You should call Chrysler and get you order status code and then check this site:
    www.dakota-truck.net/order_status.html for what all the codes mean :) that way you know exactly where the vehicle is in the build cycle. note that they dont always update it (usually Mon and FRI) but should give you an idea
  • pssimonpssimon Posts: 143
    Thank you very much for the info. Looks like I will have to wait until Monday to make "the call". It's kind of weird... I already have the VIN. My vehicle is posted as "in inventory" on my dealer's site. The explanation I got was that my car is associated with my dealer. The fact that it is assigned to me doesn't matter to the software that creates the inventory list! Anyway, when you look at the inventory list and look up my car, it shows the VIN! I wish there was a place to just type it in and check. Oh well, I guess this is far better than nothing!

Again, thanks!
    invoiced is only one step in the status
    you will see on the website there are a few more code letters that it must go thru before it arrives. A VIN number is given at D1 status (before its actually scheduled to be built) so a VIN Number means nothing really.... you need to find out the status code to know where your vehicle is ... good luck