Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• nuruc7nuruc7 Posts: 98
    For 2007; Anyone know if the auto headlight/fog light equipped multifunction switch and the Auto-Dim mirror from the limited and the touring models is compatible with the Base model?

Anyone have Part Numbers? :)
  • kkodalkkodal Posts: 34
    i doubt that you can do the upgrade on the base model like you can on touring.touring has most of the stuff prewired ready to go so it is eaasy to upgrade.
    Apparently so, there is some wiring harness differences. One solution I could go with is to replace the Body Harness, but that is quite a job. I was considering that for my 2005, and just decided to drop it. I did have an offer from a Dealer service shop to replace the harness in 3 hours and install my NAV at the same time. Apparently they had a technician that did a lot of these in my neck of the woods and so that was going to be easy for that person to do. I also found the correct body harness for $680 new on the West Coast, so the total cost was going to be under $1200. But I did nto do it, even tjhough I did research it very well and was ready.

I am still trying to find out from Chrysler how to get the Mini-trip computer and the compass working on my EVIC - I am having a hard time considering that they installed the Tire Pressure sensors and not the Mini-trip computer and the compass? Seems quite idiotic. I checked the central fuse and relay box under the hood (power center), and it has all the fuses and relays for the pacifica installed, so it seems like a matter of determining what is the course of action to get additional features turned on - I think think with the body computer can handle whatever is installed and I need to find out what needs to be instaled to get the compass and the minim computer functions working. With the Mini computer, I think it is all in the sogftware as the computer is monitoring all the appriopriate data on all the vehicles, the compass may require the addition of the magnetic input - both are probably not very much $$ to install. Kinda wish my dealer had a Touring Model instock and offered me the same deal - oh well, I might just keep poking at some wrecked vehicles to get the appropriate components.

So just to see what it would take, I am going to:

Find out the differences between my body computer, wiring harness, AC, EVIC and one from a touring or limited.

Price out the components (wiring, sensors, etc) :cry:

Make a final judgement at that time of which ones I am going to do and which ones I am not going to accomplish and let eveyone here know.
    OBTW, on my 2005 touring, i installed:

The Factory DVD player and display
    The Factory Sirius Receiver and the Roof Mounted antenna
    Auto Dimming Mirror
    Autoheadlights
    Fog lights

Chickened out on the Nav after reading about the concerns required whe working aroud the Passive Retraint system :surprise: - I was very concenred that I might set off a trigger and then power everything up and get popped in the face with an Air -bag :sick: . So any body harness work, even though I can easily do it will be left up to a dealer where I can get a reasonable price. :D
    Well I did a litle research and found out the Compass module is a module that is inserted into the Overhead Console. what I will try to find out next is whether or not the cable running to my roof is more than power to the console. If it is more than just power, then I may be abble to add the Compass module. I have heard that is where the mini-trip modulwe is also located but no verification as of yet. I will keep you all informed.

wish me luck!
  • waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    I have to be honest.....you must be in this challenge for the fun as I would have given up before I even gotten started - lol
    Yes it is interesting trying to do this. Well I do have more info, the overhead console cost 1400 bucks new. The CMTC module cost another $240, so from my source it would cost a total of $1600 - 1700 to accommodate. They used my VIN to match up the part numbers. So the parts will work apparently. Another interesting thisn is that my car came from the factory with the cellular antenna on it, but sofar I have not been able to find out if I can add that back in either?. Oh well I am looking for a overhead console from a wrecked 2007 pacifica Touring or limited. and see how cheaply I can get that.
    Well I bailed and traded my 2007 in for a 2007 touring and now i am happy. I verified that I needed a new Instrument Panel harness, a new body harness, and then the ATC head unit and the Overhead Console and CMTC module, total well over 3k bucks to add the desired components to the Base model - dunno if it also required a different body computer, the numbers are different I think. So I traded it in for a slightly used Touring - came out prety well , 1000 over what I previously owed, and lowered my payment by over 20 bucks per month. Spent $411 bucks to add auto dimming mirror, auto headlights and fog lights. Waiting for the parts to show-up. will install in a few hours. All will be good after that :)
  • Does anyone know where i can get a new DVD for my 2004 Pacifica?? And are there new ones out there that has 2008 maps??
  • best they have now is the 2006, thwey said they are in the process of making a new one, but it will be about a year. the 2006 is available on ebay for $199
  • jac1978jac1978 Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, Glad to see there are so many pacifica fans. I own an 04 that has no rear entertainment system or the 6 cd changer just the standard cd player,am,fm radio and remote steering controls. I have read the forums on adding various upgrades and I am still somewhat confused. I just want to add the 6 cd changer and rear LCD. There are multiple parts available on e-bay however I don't know what I should purchase. the early 03/04 systems sound like they will work best according to forums. I found a complete 05 system I am intersted in purchasing on e-bay will this also work? Also is the wiring available separately? If someone could please let me know asap. I would appreciate it.

JAC
  • Get the 04', you have a 50/50 chance of the 05' working or not..... there are 2 different versions they came out with on the 05's, just go with an 04 model. The wiring from the LCD and the radio are pretty cheap from the dealer. I got mine there for $40. Good luck, and keep loving the pac!
  • joe29001joe29001 Posts: 48
    About the fog lights:
    Did you use the Mopar kit?
    How was the installation?
  • sarg52sarg52 Posts: 7
    Just got the #82210406 fog light set that is suppose to be the Mopar OEM kit for my 07 Pacifica.
    All went well until I went to install the wiring pigtail into the 26-way C-5 wire plug bundle. The sockets that the instruction state I should plug into ALREADY have wires in them. Now I an stuck as to what to do or where to seek help. The dealer would be the last resort.

Any ideas ?
  • First thing I can think of to do would be to unplug the bundle and see what shuts off. Other than that, check with a low voltage tester or meter to see if there is power in the bundle, keep the meter on there and hit the lights, then the fog lights, then the parking lights, see what it controls.
    I have seen bundles taken by just the wire the dealer has going TO where the fog lights should be, so that you can just plug the light straight in there.

Best of luck.....
    The battery is out of the car when working inside or under the fuse / power module.

The kit comes with a replacement factory light control stalk which has the foglight control included. You are supposed to swap it with the one on the steering wheel column in the car. To get it to function I need to hook the wiring up per the instructions.

Need to figure out a way to determine what the wires that are already in the designated slots are for.
  • If your doing it with no power to at all during the install, then you have to use a continuity tester to trace the wires, or in our shop we call the dealer for the color codes they are pretty nice over the phone.
    Ive never hooked up the new stalk.......
    Disregard.... I got the lights to work .... just like a factory installation. I tapped into the existing wires that were in the target slots ...... assuming they had to be part of a factory prep deal were they do universal wiring.

All's well that ends well.

Now I just have to worry about how long before the tranny acts up like all the others.
  • joe29001joe29001 Posts: 48
    Has anyone used the 'new' style trailer hitch? According to my dealer the '07 Pacifica hitch isn't a typical receiver, but like a 2" receiver oriented the wrong way (straight down).

Has anyone installed the old-style receiver on a new Pacifica?
    Has anyone seen the adapters for this 'new' style receiver?
    Specifically, is there an adapter which converts this to a typical 2" receiver, or are the various adapters strictly 90 degree drawbars?

The dealer seems aware that the new hitch is different, but unfamiliar with the adapters (how to use the damn thing).
  • Has anyone installed an electric trailer brake control on a Pacifica. I am specifically looking for a place to tap the brake + wire. I have found that it is the White/green at the brake pedal. The only problem is that the harness is only long enough to get to the switch and is not able to be tapped as it is WAYYY up under the dash. Is there a point behind the kick panel or somewhere else easier to reach?
  • I got it! It is the white/green wire on the brake switch. If you remove the knee airbag you are able to reach up and remove switch and loosen the two wire retainers. Plug then reaches down far enough to tap-con it.
  • fidr579fidr579 Posts: 3
    I just purchased the same kit and ran into the same exact issue. It turns out your vehicle should be pre-wired for the fog lights. I jacked my 07 Pacifica up in the driveway and looked straight up thru the holes where the lights would go (looking up into the engine compartment from the ground). Taped up in there are the wiring harnesses for the fog lights. Simple remove the tape, pull down the harness and plug in. You'll also need to install the new light switch on the steering column (which is included in the kit).
  • yup, thats what I was trying to say, most of the time it is pre-wired for that, good job saying it clearer... lol

Lets all try and post pics of your rides in your profiles, Lets see what you guys are doing......
  • kkodalkkodal Posts: 34
    hi FIDR579
    if you have an extra set of wiring harness for fog light i can purchase it from you.i added the auto headlight switch to mine with the fog light option on the stalk and bought the aftermarket for lights but i could not find the little clips that is going to hold in the 26 way connector.i do not want to pay $120 for a set where i only need a harness.if anyone has a spare wiring harness for an OEM fog light please let me know.and i am not sure if it is same with 07 s but mine is an 05 touring if you don't have the auto headlight you could just get a stalk with the auto headlight option and a rearview mirror with autodim option you could have auto headlights as well.i love that option.if you need a part number for the stalk with both options let me know.this stalk has both auto hedlight and fog light like the limiteds do.they should be about $50 at the Stealership.
  • fidr579fidr579 Posts: 3
    I'm not sure if it is compatiable with the 2005 but, sure, I'd be more that happy to hook you up with my now unused harness. How would you like to go about this?
  • cadguy1cadguy1 Posts: 5
    I have the same dilemma and was wondering if you had found a wiring diagram that was helpful for your installation. I need it to see where a dvd monitor can be installed on my 2006 Pacifica that has the 6 disc changer and a moonroof.
  • bapriebebapriebe Posts: 25
    NAVTEQ sells these directly. (I found Chrysler is months behind the curve when it comes to new releases.) They just released the 'AF' revision for US$199.
  • Hey guys,

My fiance' and I just bought a used 2004 Pacifica that came with just a cd, am/fm player. I want to upgrade my system so I bought a ceiling mount screen with dvd player. My problem is that I want to connect the audio to the existing factory stereo. Can this be done? If so Do I need to add any other wiring harnesses or anything? Also I wanted to know if I have a factory amplifier because I wanted to install an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer. Please help.
  • Congrats on the Pac..... it is alot of fun to upgrade and pimp out.....The one thing I do know about your question is if you have a factory amp (most of them did back then) it is located in the trunk, under the carpet, as far to the back as you can go and to the right. Near the tail lights bolted on the ground. you will have to open the little door and take out the storage compartment. Good luck and post pics on your profile so we can all enjoy your ride as it goes along!
  • Thank you very much. I checked and it seems that I do not have an amp but it is prewired for one. I have the wires capped on both ends so just in case they are there. I opened the interior up this afternoon so I could run my own aftermarket wires. It went pretty well but my only two setbacks are that I don't have the harness to hook up the audio from the aftermarket dvd player to the radio and i'm not too sure how to mount the system without tearing something up!! Any suggestions???

And I sure will take pics to share.