Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• laurat1laurat1 Posts: 1
    We have found a 2005 AWD (I think it is the 26S - leather, AM/FM CD, no cassette, no memory on seats - just to give an idea of which one it is) with 17,000 miles or so, great condition inside and out - certified through the dealer.

They have offered it to us for $21,900 - good deal? Keep looking? We are new to this car and are not sure what they should be going for. We wouldn't mind looking for one with a bit more features, but this one is fine if a good deal.

Another question - how is this in the snow? We are in southern CT - so we don't get a ton, but we get enough and live at the bottom of a long uphill driveway and my current Voyager Minivan has trouble getting out on slippery/snowy days.
  • fred222fred222 Posts: 200
    We have found a 2005 AWD (I think it is the 26S - leather, AM/FM CD, no cassette, no memory on seats - just to give an idea of which one it is) with 17,000 miles or so, great condition inside and out - certified through the dealer.
    We purchased a new 2005 AWD Touring in Sept 2004 for $26,000 which sounds equipped like yours. Great in the snow. I drove our's through Snoquamie Pass in the Cascade Mtns outside Seattle just before the pass was closed. The only problem was other vehicles. Also the autostick allows you to almost shift like a manual which really helps in low traction conditions. I would like to think that ours is worth $22,000 since it has less that 12K on it, but I think that the price is a little high. Also, ours came with a 7 year/70,000 mile power train warranty from the factory which helped sway our decision.
  • mrg1mrg1 Posts: 2
    Just courious how your deal came out. We are currently looking at a Pacifica that sounds identical as far as price and options. The dealers first response was 31,800 after 3,000.00 rebate and dealership discount. Thanks!
  • sochsoch Posts: 11
    Did you buy one? In which city and state are you looking?
    I am in Oregon and couldn't find any dealer who would even come close to this price.

I am looking at touring AWD. MSRP $34,685. What should be the right price for it? Any help would be appreciated. I am getting $6000 off MSRP.

Thanks.
  • smttxsmttx Posts: 2
    I am looking at a gold FWD Pacifica with Signature pkg., traction control, side curtain airbags, moonroof, tire pressure sensor and 19" wheels (ugh!). MSRP is $35,335; dealer is offering to sell for $29,395.

Is this a good deal? I'm in central Texas, if that matters.
    Thanks,
    Susan
  • mrg1mrg1 Posts: 2
    We are looking at a similar vehicle in East Texas. They have come down from the $35,550. MSRP to $30,550.00 and that includes the $3,000.00 Rebate! I have told them they will have to come down to $28,000. Still waiting to hear. This is close to the end of the month and I think they might come down. We were shopping this past Sat and there were no other customers on the lot.....HELLO!
    Got a quote for $7K less than MSRP (including 3K rebate) out of state. In state got a quote for $6.5K less than MSRP.

Looking for AWD Touring with 26U pacakage option included.
  • bits1bits1 Posts: 6
    Wondering how much a lease with zero down will cost on a Pacifica AWD Touring with the 26U package - any insights would be appreciated (10k miles is enough for us). Thank you
    Recently bought with 26 U package.

The sound quality is not that great :-(

Playing through auxiliary input is not good.

Playing audio through aux input with handheld dvd player connected to battery adds lots of distortion in the audio. I think the aux input is not grounded properly.

Should have gone with the Infinity Intermezzo 385W upgrade instead of the standard 7 Infinity 200 watts system.

Anyone else having similar problems?
  • The base audio system is definitely not one of the best out there. In my Pac, it's worse because even the slightest amount of bass causes a terrible vibration in the driver side front door that totally distorts the sound. I'm hoping its just that the speaker is loose or bad. Anyone else with this issue??
    I have the same problem with the front speakers vibrating at bass.

I wish Chrysler would have tested their audio more when making a "luxury " vehicle.
  • thewall31thewall31 Posts: 11
    Hi ,just baught a new 06 FWD TOURING PACIFICA
    Pearl Linen gold with the 26T package power lift gate,leather fog lamps, cd,dvd changer ,power moon roof, tire pressure monitor, rear park sensor ,Sirus satellite ect,, sticker was $32,885 got it for $30,700 plus with the april cash back incetive and finacing through chrysler got $ 4000 in rebates final price before tax $26,700
    Did I do ok ?
    Thanks for the feed back
    Lou Fort.Lauderdale Florida
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,144
    Sounds like you did ok. Still a bit over invoice, but there's nothing wrong with paying a few hundred over invoice ... but where did you get the extra $500 rebate? Edmunds only lists $3500.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• jmacohjmacoh Posts: 5
    Maybe I'm blind but I can't find any help on Edmunds with calculating prices for a "dealer demo". I'm talking about the "sold as new- balance of manufacturers warranty" type of purchase. The question is...how should you estimate what to offer based on number of miles/remaining warranty?
    Has to be some sort of guidelines somewhere. Any help would be appreciated.
    Maybe I'm blind but I can't find any help on Edmunds with calculating prices for a "dealer demo".

A used car is a used car.
    Once it is not new, it is used. Period.

I'm talking about the "sold as new- balance of manufacturers warranty" type of purchase
    Every used car comes with the balance of the standard factory warranty. If you buy a used car from a private seller with 5000 miles on it, you get the rest of whatever warranty came standard with the car. Some extended warranties may require a small transfer fee. Car dealers do not want you to know this so that you think you are getting something extra when you pay them the extra money for that used car.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,144
    well, everyone feels differently about it, so i think that's why you don't see any hard and fast guidelines.

My personal take is that I would treat it as a used car. Why does it matter if it was never titled? Somebody has been driving it. Its used. So I look to see what similar used vehicles are selling for. Sometimes not so easy with such a new vehicle, but it can be done.

Other folks just deduct for the miles based on a fee .. sorta like a lease. So you pick a number, let's say 20 cents per mile, and start calculating.

And still other folks might just take some arbitrary number, let's say $1k, and knock that from the lowest price they could get a zero mile model for.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

In addition to my previous post on this subject, I would look at such a dealer demo vehicle as a used rental car. Probably worse than a low mileage one owner car where the owner has really babied the vehicle. The demo would have been driven by people with no interest in the car and probably outside the recommended break-in guidelines. They still say no extremely hard acceleration for the first couple hundred miles. A new car owner will probably observe this, while someone out on a test drive will not.
  • al14al14 Posts: 1
    Hi, a dealer offered me a used 05 FWD Touring Pacifica with 11,000 mi for $18900 drive out. Is this a fair deal?
    Pearl Linen gold withpower lift gate,leather fog lamps, cd,dvd changer ,power moon roof, tire pressure monitor, rear park sensor ,Sirus satellite ect,,
  • zarbazarba Posts: 30
  • Hi everyone,

I'm shopping for a Pacifica Touring. There's a local incentive where dealers are offering $10,000 off MSRP. I was interested in a Touring AWD 26S package. The sticker price is $33,500, so it would come to $23,300 plus 5% sales tax and a Vehicle Administration Fee of $201. Options include rear parking sensing, heated seat group, and inferno red color.

It looks like the invoice is around $31,000 with a TMV of $27,800 (including the $3,500 rebate).

What do you all think?

Thanks very much for any thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.