Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1383940414244»

Comments

• Looking at an 06 Chrysler Pacifica with 45,000 miles on it - I believe it is the base model but it does have leather seats. It only has the 2 rows of seating too.

Dealer was asking 12,900, but quickly came down to 10,000 plus tax and title. I would like 10,000 out the door.

Do you all think I should be able to get the price down lower than 10 plus T&T?

Thanks,
  • alphamomalphamom Posts: 4
    Ok, I have been lurking for months and neg with Chrysler Dealerships all over New England. So I felt compelled to list my deal. Might I add, one dealer near Boston was so difficult to deal with in person and over the internet I finally said screw it and bought in NJ. My SS is a nice as their Limited and has exact features but they wouldnt budge past 31000 so I bought a loaded 08 Chrysler AWD Signature Series for 27999 with 64 miles. Lists price on the car was 38,930. This is with full 3 year 36000 miles and Lifetime Powertrain. I am not sure if this was the best deal out there but it was the best deal I could get near me with all the features I wanted. So far I love it. But I dread buying snow tires for those 19" rims. I also cant get my siruis to work. So did I get burnt?
  • jtg61jtg61 Posts: 43
    The standard has been $10k under MSRP so you got a great deal. It's hard to find a brand new 08 with the features you found. The last one was built in Dec 07. The dealers know the few that are left are coveted. Consider yourself lucky. Congratulations!
  • We bought an 04 Pacifica FWD with 47,000 miles for $9000 out the door. I added a 3yr/33,000 warranty for $1400. I've been pretty happy. There are a couple od little things that will get fixed under warranty. The interior of this one was perfect and the exterior was above average. We looked at an 07 with 16,000 miles for $13,495 but the 04 seemed a better deal. Fingers crossed!
    The 04 Pacifica was the first production year so it still had kinks to be worked out. The 3.5L engine doesn't have the greatest reputation. The 05 Pacifica had a year to work out the production kinks and it has a 7/70 powertrain warranty that is transferable from the original owner. Best to look for a used 05 over a used 04. What would have served you even better is the 07 with the new 4.0L engine mated to the 6-speed transmission. The Pacifica finally has the proper powertrain mounted to the vehicle and it gets better gas mileage. Sadly the lifetime powertrain warranty isn't transferable. So if you can still find a new 08 lying on a dealer's lot for a fire sale price, this is your best bet.
  • Hi, our 42 month lease (Pacifica Touring dark blue, leather, 3rd row, DVD, park sensor, Sirius and a few other nice features) is up soon. No problems at all and we are having a hard time finding anything that comes close to this car in terms of features, etc. Buyout is $13,900 which is under the value of the car by quite a bit. (thousands). I know buyouts are generally not the way to go but it may be here. We love the car and are way under miles (33K). The extended warranty for 3 years is approx 2 grand (negotiated from nearly 3K) - not sure if anyone has any advice on extended warranties and costs (5 year option exists). Please let me know your thoughts - we are in the northeast. Need to make a decision this weekend.

Thank you!

Best regards.
    I hate to say this but I would give up the car. Unless you have an '07 or '08 Pacifica with the 4.0L and 6-speed with lifetime warranty, it is not worth keeping. You are about to have a lot of problem with this car. Hand it back and give the headaches to somebody else.
  • If you own a Pacifica (particularly the 3.5L 2005 or 2006 models) beware that you will very likely experience engine problems due to premature oil consumption. Check your oil ALL THE TIME. The Pacifica burns oil at an unacceptable rate and has been the focus of class action lawsuits (one being initiated currently). Or better yet, if you haven't signed on the dotted line, DON'T BUY A PACIFICA.

Chrysler won't do anything to help you.

If you own a Pacifica, buy engine oil by the case and get in good with your local mechanic.

If you don't believe me, Google "Pacifica oil consumption issues"