Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TSX Owners: Meet the Members

13»

Comments

• I used to really enjoy my 95 Saab 900S. When It came time to replace it I still wanted a sporty 4 door every day driver. Manual transmission - definitely! Second stop after the Saab dealer was the Acura dealer. One test drive and I was sold. Signed up for the lease that day. I've driven it for three weeks now and I'm very - very happy. The VTEC winding over 5K more than beets the Saab turbo. Reliability and value were big factors in the decision as well. One last thought. Very Cool blue lights in the interior - nice touch!
  • nave13nave13 Posts: 6
    while in grad school i started researching autos to buy after i graduated. i was looking at the Infiniti G35, Merc C230, Lincoln LS, and Acura TL. i really wanted MT, which eliminated LS. I drove the rest and felt the other three were basically the same car. what got me was the body style of the TL. when I drove the TL, I also drove the TSX. granted the power of the TL was impressive. Yet when i drove the TSX the size, style, gas MPG, ammenities for the price. I was sold. so I bought an '04 TSX carbon graphite pearl. :shades:
    I love it. it handles wonderfully and has plenty of get up and go.

what i am looking for is after market extras for increased horse power. i was told that there are computer chips to add 20-30 additional horse power. does anyone have any helop for me. i dont want to spend the national debt but will spend some coin. :confuse:
    thanks ben from albuquerque.
  • johnny420johnny420 Posts: 473
    No chips. There is an ECU reflash available from Hondata. Do a search for their web page. This upgrade is well worth the money, especially for the 6 MT TSX.

Additional available mods include cold air intakes, headers, rear sway bars, suspension and cat back exhausts. There is also an available supercharger from Comptech, but that runs in the $3K range.

Good luck and congrats on the TSX. It's a great car.
  • delekodeleko Posts: 20
    curious as to what the financing scam was when you purchased? please share.
  • eljefe68eljefe68 Posts: 1
    Giving this a bump, I am a bit late to this. My TSX is a 2005 6MT with Nav, SSM with Ebony interior. I got it in May 2006 as a CPO car with 9,300 miles on it. As I write, the car has 39,400 miles. I have enhanced this sweet ride with tinted windows, Yokohama S-Drive tires, and the all wonderful, best bang for your buck Hondata Reflash.

My TSX has been the best car I have had yet. It has proved to be fun to drive yet comfortable in whatever I have throw at it: city traffic, 1800 mile road trip, twisties, etc. The reflash has given me 210 HP and the potential for 30 mpg on the highway. In my mixed driving, I typically get 22-24 mpg. The 6 speed shifts with smoothness and precision. On top of this all, I have not had a single problem.

On the inside, the seats are very comfortable, and the controls are ergonomic perfection. The touch screen nav works great, although I do need to get a newer data DVD for it.

My few niggles for the car include the seat heaters could be better and their is a bit of road noise on the highway, even when I had the stock tires.

If you are in the market for a TSX, I have no reservations saying get one. If you want to enjoy Hondata, be sure you get 2004-2006, and for God sakes get the manual. :)
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    Glad to read you love your tsx as much as I do mine-a 2006 6MT with nav, MR with ebony interior. I bought mine new on 11/17/06. It now has 42,560 miles. It is stock and still has the original tires. Last May we took it on a 6,177 mile road trip covering 20 states. We are doing another road trip starting May 7th. NC to CA via the southern states. The last time I took my car to the dealer for service they informed me that my heated seats would probably stop working. They are replacing the wiring when I bring it in next week. Living in NC I never used that feature. I agree GET MANUAL TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!
13»
This discussion has been closed.