Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Will Monty's Little Road Bike Fit? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2015 in Ford
imageWill Monty's Little Road Bike Fit? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

In Edmunds's continuing quest to figure out which cars can accommodate bicycles, we attempt to fit a road bike into our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT.

Read the full story here

Comments

• sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    That's mostly thanks to the IRS - the 2005-2014 cars have a huge hump right behind the seats to accommodate their SRA. Trunk size seems almost identical to me, other than that hump. Definite bonus!
  • mtnbiker8mtnbiker8 Member Posts: 39
    The 2 little guys are short enough to fit back there - and they latches get easier after a while.
  • g_k1g_k1 Member Posts: 14
    Both Colnago and Salsa make a device that clamps to the rear dropout(s) to hold the chain in its normal position with the wheel removed. That makes it possible to remove both wheels so the bike can be placed upside down in the rear footwell, with the handlebars turned to fit. It won't work with every car, but it allowed me to carry my road or mountain bike in the rear passenger area of my Audi 4000s Quattro (gas tank mounted behind the rear seat, so the rear seatback(s) didn't fold),
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Years ago chain hanger tabs on the rear triangle were common. But in today's carbon fiber gram obsessed world your rarely see them.