Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Uplander/Pontiac Montana SV6/Saturn Relay/Buick Terraza

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    the extra deep garage I have, the Odyssey would fit just barely in there with the front bumper sitting against the back wall and the liftgate sitting against the garage door.
    I don't know. Couldn't find the picture when I clicked on the link.
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Posts: 518
    GM is building 2005 versions of the existing Venture and Montana for awhile before the new vans come out. The CSVs will probably not show up at dealers till the very end of the year (Nov/Dec).

-Andrew L
    what's funny about this is that this discussion has less posts than the Future Odyssey discussion even though we know nothing about the next Odyssey on that discussion, and we have most of the facts about the GM vans on this board.
  • samnoesamnoe Posts: 731
    When people try to "guess" what will be in the future car, everybody is writing about their dreams. That's what the Odyssey forum is for. And besides big part of the discussion is if we need a smaller size van, and if we need a Acura minivan, and what about the Japanese van, etc.

But the new GM minivans will mainly be unchanged, and everybody has seen the pics already, and said the likes and dislikes, now there is nothing to talk about anymore until after the first test drive.

Andrew: You say that there will still be 2005 models the older version until Nov/Dec. My question is if the new versions will be called 2006 MY? (2006 in 2004 does not make sense?).
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    You just said it "But the new GM minivans will mainly be unchanged" thats why this thread's got less posts because peeps are not interested in little dumb makeovers. adn no we aint dreaming i bet you everything o at least MOST of the stuff we "DREAMED" about is coming true!! But anyways this isnt about trashing other therads.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'm just waiting for the $25,000 rebates. Then I'll buy one (for free). ;-)

-juice
  • tamu2002tamu2002 Posts: 758
    I don't understand why GM decided to forgo this important safety feature while all its competetors offer it. Makes no sense to me. This could be a make or break factor for us. I also think they should make more features standard and simplify the options like Honda and Nissan do. Dodge/Chrysler is doing just that with their 05 vans.
    me too. I'm waiting for the $35,000 rebate so I can get the loaded model and still get some cash back.
    Maybe today I'm in a bad mood, but realize all people can't afford a $25k plus van. The domestic vans are not as fancy, they don't cost as much either. They suit a lof of folks' needs just fine.
    I know not everybody can afford a $30,000 van, or even a $25,000 one. That's why we have Odyssey LXs and Sienna CEs.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    A Sienna CE 7 passenger with the very desirable Side Curtains/4 Wheel Discs/VSC/Power Mirrors/Cruise Conrol/Wiper De-Icer pkg (#3) stickers at $25,640, and carsdirect.com shows a selling price in NJ of $23,979 (or about $500 over invoice). Quite reasonable for the package that you get!

~alpha
    The Odyssey LX looks like it's also a nice bargain, but you don't get VSC, side curtain airbags or a CD player.
    You can get a deal on the Ody now, they know the new one is around the corner and sales are down this year a bit.

So that puts pressure on the value shopping niche.

-juice
    Edmunds finally put up a spy pic of the Ody, IMO, it looks pretty good.
  • player4player4 Posts: 362
    Yup, it sure does!!!!!
  • jeffshadowjeffshadow Posts: 13
    Well, now I've seen the new Buick advertising on television and guess what ? - they're showing a BLACK 2005 Terraza ("Buick - we're not just a CAR company anymore...!). Of course it's just like GM to tease and then not produce this color, which is the ONLY color I will buy. Quest did not get my sale for 2004 because they did not make a black one, only smoke gray.
    This will still be one very COOL 2005 Oldsmobile Silhouette when I'm done with it!
    For a moment I thought I was on the new Ody board, but anyway, where can I find the picture, in the future vehicle section?
    Never mind, I found it. My first reaction was "Yuck". I hope it looks better in person.
    It looked good to me. But I think the van would look even better with a set of Alloy wheels.
  • a_l_hubcapsa_l_hubcaps Posts: 518
    samnoe-

You asked about the model years...The CSVs will be 2005 model year, because they will be available before the end of calendar year 2004. GM is doing the weird model year thing with some of their other new intros, too. For example, there is a 2005 Cavalier, to be replaced by the 2005 Cobalt at the end of the calendar year. I guess they are trying to get themselves back on a normal debut cycle, instead of having all their new models come out in the summer.

alpha01-

The Sienna you describe (CE w/safety package) is indeed a great deal. Too bad they seem to be vaporware here in northern NJ. They are theoretically orderable in this region, but my local dealership always has a lot full of XLE AWDs with $34,000 stickers and no CEs at all. I got my mom looking at vans again the other day, and she was not interested in anything that expensive. But at least she liked the Sienna's basic design, whereas her reaction to a 2004 Quest SE was, "$37,000 for this crap?"

By the way, we have a pretty big GM card rebate built up, so I'll get her to look at the CSVs when they come out. We might end up with one just because of price, though I'd wait to see how they fare in the crash tests before buying, since the current GM vans perform terribly.

-Andrew L
  • montanafanmontanafan Posts: 945
    With my zip code, the Toyota web site will not even let you build the CE 7 w/safety package. I have read that usuallly means that combo is not being shipped (ordered) into the area. And checking dealer sites, have to go north of $28,000 to get the equipment. And someone else has posted that the high end cars are not discounted as much.
    That Honda looks decent, the headlights are *huge* thought. They still didn't hide the sliding tracks, either. But it's decent overall.

Besides, styling just isn't that important in this class. I don't think any of them look sexy. ;-)

The local no-haggle dealer has 9 Siennas, 3 are over $35k but all the others are under $30k, and one is even under $25k. You can find them if you look.

-juice
    The strategy with finding the right Sienna is calling all the dealers you know to find the one you want and look on eBay too.
  • dan165dan165 Posts: 653
    I've seen some of those base Siennas and Oddys. Nothing like paying US $26K for a vehicle with plastic wheel covers, yak!

Yes, they are good but haven driven the current GM vans as rentals also, I think the new interior and upgraded mechanicals should be more competitive than some here are implying. I saw the Buick ad and the Terazza looked pretty slick.
    More like $22-23k if you follow the "What did you pay" threads here.

And at least Honda's wheel covers are bolted on. So they won't fall off when you hit a pot hole, LOL.

-juice
  • dan165dan165 Posts: 653
    I would never buy anything with bolted on plastic wheels. Just cheapens a vehicle IMO. Seems like so many of the Accords, Camrys, Siennas ect I see are made this way to cut price. Of course, it is spun as a "value".
  • spartanmannspartanmann Posts: 197
    Virtually every non luxury vehicle made has plastic wheel covers. Alloy wheels are now an option on just about every vehicle. All minivans regardless of manufacturer are made this way. There are hundreds of thousands of Ventures, Malibu's etc... out there with plastic wheel covers. Are they cheap looking "value" spun products as well?
    Our 02 Malibu has them. Personally I prolly could go without alloy wheels on our next vehicle though, if I have to pay for them as an option. Some bolt-on covers make it pretty hard to tell, and look very slick.