Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease Coming to an End.

adecoteauadecoteau Member Posts: 17
edited June 2015 in Acura
Hello, everyone I have a 2012 Acura TL Tech Lease that is coming to a end.
I was crazy to due a 18k lease because I use to drive a lot. I changed jobs 3 months into the lease that did not require a lot of driving. At the current time I have 34,900 miles and the lease expires in October. I got a card from Acura to turn in the lease early and jump into a new lease. Is their anyway I can use the unused miles to my advantage in dealing with the next lease. The next lease I am going to do a 12k a year lease on probably on a MDX. I know I got a bad deal. I remember I can take 15K miles into the next deal I believe. HELP

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,253
    adecoteau said:

Hello, everyone I have a 2012 Acura TL Tech Lease that is coming to a end.
    I was crazy to due a 18k lease because I use to drive a lot. I changed jobs 3 months into the lease that did not require a lot of driving. At the current time I have 34,900 miles and the lease expires in October. I got a card from Acura to turn in the lease early and jump into a new lease. Is their anyway I can use the unused miles to my advantage in dealing with the next lease. The next lease I am going to do a 12k a year lease on probably on a MDX. I know I got a bad deal. I remember I can take 15K miles into the next deal I believe. HELP

There are two options available to you at the end of your lease:

1. Turn the car in and lease another car .. there is no credit for the low miles you drove
    2. Trade the car in early and use the positive equity (if you have any) to help offset the costs of the new lease. Get the payoff value from AFS and then head over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion here at Edmunds to get a good sense of what your car is worth.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4