Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• danetdanet Member Posts: 3
    Great deal. Can you provide dealer info? danet@peak.org Thanks
  • whitrx330whitrx330 Member Posts: 28
    Danet,

I just sent the info to your personal email account.

Whit
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Folks,

I just got a quote of 37,900 from a sales person for an AWD RX330 from Lexus of Annapolis. Also 40,500 for one with Navigation. They seem to be having a end of month sale. Check it out.

Email me if you need a contact.

Prices getting more aggressive as the year end winds down I guess.
  • c2muchc2much Member Posts: 2
    I also used the note from alex800 and went to RayCatena. For the MSRP 41,938 (AWD,no NAV). I got a price of 37,700. BayRidge should certainly be able to match this and even beat it.
  • dkline_cpdkline_cp Member Posts: 1
    Well, I have been hemming and hawing for about 2 months and have decided to get the RX 330 FWD with Premium package (MSRP 39483). I tried the local dealer (Lexus of Austin) and got a good internet quote from Sewell of FW (35617 + TTL). Tried unsuccessfully to negotiate a reasonable deal on my trade and finally decided not to put the trade into the deal. Local dealer played the salesman/salesmanager game with me and I decided I really wanted the Millenium Silver which they didn't have on the lot, so, I am taking a deal of $150 off the 35617 for a base price of 35467 from Sewell in Dallas (not FW because I have to go to Dallas this weekend anyway and they will match and drop the extra 150). Total is 37948 out the door.
    Of course, I saw a commercial for my local Lexus dealer last night just before bed and some Golden Deal Days and can't find any info on that online. Anyone know if I am setting myself up to miss some incentive? I go get my new RX on Sat., so still have 2 days.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    I doubt you will see any real or meaningful incentives on such a hot product as the RX330. Lexus can sell each and every one without incentives, so why put cash on the hood? I think Lexus does have a late summer/early fall sales drive around the time college starts up for the new season. I think the only incentives they will end up giving out is a slightly lower money factor for leases and/or slightly lower interest rates for customers financing. You will not see factory to dealer or factory to customer rebates.
  • lexbuyerlexbuyer Member Posts: 1
    How much for the 2004 RX330 AWD if buy in cash? and is fabric seating available if requested ?
  • mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    Just a heads up for all looking for a good deal on the RX330, County Line Lexus in Hollywood, FL sent me an internet quote of $34,999.00 NO DEALER FEES. Of course you will have to pay tax and tag but for that price somebody might be willing to do a bit of traveling to save some big bucks! I have also read other messages on this board about some good prices they got from County Line Lexus.
    If by chance you bought from County Line, did you get exactly what you wanted and paid the actual price you were quoted. Thanks in advance.
    Mldj98,

I purchased a RX 330 from County Line Lexus approximately 3 weeks ago. The deal went smooth. My vehicle was waiting for me at the dealership upon my arrival from the Airport. It took all of 30 mins before my wife and I were back on the road towards VA! I also paid $34,999 ($36,282 with Virginia tax). No fees or Dealer last min tricks. Yes, $34,999 FIRM. I would definitely recommend the dealership. Send me an email on my private line and we can chat more.

Thanks

Whit
  • shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    Same here. Got mine at County Line, same price you were quoted. Excellent experience. I highly recommend. They even offered to drive a loaner car down and pick my car up for service (I live about 50 miles south of dealership).
    shap1,

Did you work with the internet department or a separate salesman?
    Did you have a trade in?
    They are located in Hollywood Florida correct? Where exactly is that?
    Thanks in advance!
  • vendsajvendsaj Member Posts: 1
    Just been given a quote from Greenwich Dealer for an RX330 AWD with Nav and Premium Plus Package for $39, (excluding sales tax)which according to the dealer is the invoice price. The car is from the lot. Is this a good price? If not does anybody know of better prices to be found in CT, NJ, NY
  • nicolosi1nicolosi1 Member Posts: 14
    Bay Ridge could not even come close they would not budge off the number of 37,900 plus TTL which brought the number to 41 and change. I just got a confirmed number of 40,100 OTD for the silver/black with the premium plus package from Prestige Lexus on Rt 17 in Ramsey. I bought my first lexus from them and had no problems, Ray Catena came down to 40,256 due to the help of Alex8 message but I had to take what was on their lot and I am not settling on their stock. I took that number to Prestige and within hours they came back to me with the 40,100 total out of pocket. I am going to due the purchase tomorrow as long as they give me fair market value on my trade in which is 17,000. Ray Catena was giving me the 17, Bay Ridge offered me 14 but I do not think they will blow the deal on not giving me the 17 for my car (1999 GS 300 with only 48,900 miles and no accidents). I did a trade in with them the first time and they were very fair. They also want the deal down this weekend to put this on their July sales. I will let you know how it goes.
    Go on Consumer reports. com and for $12.00 they will send you the dealer invoices so you know exactly what the dealer paid for the car and what they pay for the options. They suggest taking the report with you to the dealer the day you want to buy and give me them between 4 and 8 % above their pruchase price. They have some very helpful information on their reports.
  • silvereagle2silvereagle2 Member Posts: 23
    I just picked up my new RX330 at Lexus of Palm Beach here in Florida. The car is equipped with Nav, premium plus package and 18" wheels. The price was $37,250 plus tax title and license-----no dealer's fee. I bought my 1st Lexus, an ES 300 from them in 94 and 3 other Lexus from JM Lexus. JM refused to eliminate the dealer's fee of $598 althoug theor price wa $37,250 as a price match ot Lexus of Palm Beach. If anyone wants to deal with Lexus of Palm Beach, call and ask for the Fleet manager.
    Fabric seats are almost impossible to get . The dealers don't care whether you pay cash or get a loan from your bank as either way they get their money.
  • 307web307web Member Posts: 1,033
    Cash shouldn't matter but, actually, they do care. They prefer that you finance through them so they can get their extra commissions and interest rate markups. That's better than outside financing or even cash to them.
    Hello Silvereagle2

Congrats. Can you specify if this is a AWD or a FWD?

Thanks
    Prasad
  • shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    I worked directly with a salesperson. Didn't go the internet route because, thanks to this board, I knew exactly what I wanted to pay and was prepared to walk if necessary. No need. They agreed to my price. I did not have a trade-in. I was coming off lease on a BMW.

They are located up in North Miami on 441. I guess that's near Hollywood, I'm not real familiar with that area. It's near the Dade/Broward County line, hence the name!
    I bought a FWD. I have driven it 200 miles already and it is so much better and nicer than my 2001 RX300
  • bluek23bluek23 Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody know if Lexus will ever have a low apr financing promo this August or at any other time for their 2004 RX330s?

I'm still sitting on the fence about whether to buy an RX330 and a low apr will be a big help in my decision. Thanks.
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    Bluek,

I'm not sure how many people realize this, but dealer financing is negotiable.

I have a high credit score, so maybe they were more willing to work with me. Not sure. I went in with a 4.49% rate from Eloan. They said they'd match it. Then I did a little more searching and saw that there was a special rate of 4.25% for Costco members. I called the Lexus finance guy back up and he came back to me with 4.15%. I know that's not the 2.9% promos that some other mfgs have, but that's still a great rate in today's market. Basically, it took another $200 off the price of the car.
    I went into Prestige on Route 17, NJ yesterday and the finance rate they will able to come down to with high credit rate is 3.65%. If you did not finalize your deal yet that is the lowest rate they can come to on the new vehicles. They said the lower rates 2.9 or 1.9 or on the preowned vehicles. The loan is through LSF.
  • thumper1221thumper1221 Member Posts: 28
    I have also inquired about the availability of a RX330 with cloth. The sales manager told me they are available for special order in 2005.

Hope this helps.
    Folks,

Last week I just stopped by at Lexus of Rockville. While just looking around, I noticed a 2004 silver RX330 with Navigation. It was a used one by a single owner (titled in MD with 12 miles as reported to Carfax) for 1 month with 1087 miles. Very quickly I checked on the asking price for that and settled on the vehicle for 37,500. I am not sure if this is a good buy or not but I took a chance.
    We are very happy with the performance. and since it is almost brand new, we have the whole warranty for 4 years/50,000 miles. Almost all the quotes I got for the AWD with NAvigation were in the 40,200 (Countyline Lexus in Florida) to 40,500 (Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis). I figured 3000 off for 1100 miles is not a problem for me. Probably could have done better but was really satisfied.

Paid 5% MD taxes, $ 100 processing fees and Licensing fees. Around 39000 out the door.

Once again thanks for all the help in getting useful leads to low prices.

Prasad
  • rx330blackrx330black Member Posts: 1
    After some minor haggling, I ended up purchasing a 2004 RX330 for $1,000 over invoice minus the $750 college grad rebate. The MSRP was $41,983 and the dealer invoice was $36,759 from this site. However, the Lexus dealer showed me his invoice and it was $40,217, the difference being $458 for LDA, some kind of advertising fee charged by Lexus. I'm happy with my purchase, but wanted to know if anyone knows if this fee is assessed to all Lexus dealerships? And does the dealership get reimbursed for this? Comments?
    Looking for anyone who has recently made a purchase of the RX330 FWD w/Premium Pakage in the Tampa Bay Area. I know they are trying to sell off the 2004 model and should be giving some good pricing. If anyone fits in this category I sure would appreciate some input, such as a good price to pay and maybe the dealerships name.
    Thanks in advance!
  • cooljc74cooljc74 Member Posts: 23
    Does anyone know the details of this particular promotion? Do you know if dealers or salesperson receive an additional commission or incentives by selling 2004 models during the event? Perhaps you could purchase it below the invoice... I wasn't able to find any details on the board in general. thanks in advance!
  • gilbogilbo Member Posts: 3
    I've been getting quotes all week and they don't appear to be any different from what I've gotten the previous couple of weeks. So I'm not sure what's special about the event.
  • mjmboardwalkmjmboardwalk Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone provide info on price paid for a 2004 RX 330 DEMO? I was lookig at a CPO ( pre-owned ) but the dealer has a few Demo's that are going for $37,000...base RX 330 with Prem Plus Package. Is this a good deal??
  • lexluthorlexluthor Member Posts: 48
    I got the 2004 RX 330 AWD w/prem plus for $37,900.

I think most people in the NY area are coming in around there, maybe a couple hundred less in NJ.

Is it worth less than $1,000 to you to get a demo?
  • honda_loverhonda_lover Member Posts: 4
    I have used this board to search the price before buying RX330. The info. is really useful to me and I would like to share my buying experience. BTW, I'm living in Orange County in Southern California.
    I used Edmund to request the price quote for RX330 with Premium Plus Package with no Nav with MSRP of $39,713. I sent the request to Lexus of Westminster, Tustin Lexus, Longo Lexus, Lexus of Cerritos (or Cerritos Lexus) and Mission Viejo Lexus. I didn't get any reply from Lexus of Westminster. Cerritos Lexus gave me the quote of $35,500 (or more, I don't remember). Mission Viejo and Longo first gave me $34,700 and $34,800. When I told them a friend of mime got it $34,500 at Tustin Lexus at the end of June (same package, same MSRP, my friend got it at that price because last day of the month and last day of the quarter sale - if you beleive that BS). Mission Viejo Lexus couldn't match it, Longo Lexus reduced their offer but finally, I got it at Tustin Lexus at $34,275.
    I talked to the Internet Director and he's very professional, extremely nice person I have ever met when buying cars (we have two kids and we used to change car every 5 years. We almost buy car every year and I consider myself as somewhat experience car buyer). After we agree on the sale price, the sale went very smooth with no tricks at all. We plan to pay cash for the car but we found out that there's $750 rebate for the college student who graduates this year. My kid gradutes this year then we put the car under her name and inorder to get the rebate, we have to finace the car. We finally finance $5000 for 2 years at 4.7% interest rate. The car is silver with light gray interior.
    Here is the detail:
    MSRP: $39713
    Buy at: $34275
    Tax: $ 2659.80
    Doc. $ 45
    Lic. $ 279
    Tire fee$ 5
    Total: $37263.80
    Rebate $ 750.
    Bal: $36513.80
  • kaciwkaciw Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to check a quote....have been reading the postings and was feeling good about the qoute from the credit union....Prem Plus, FWD 35,018....until the newspaper had an article on how the dealers are hurting and how low their sale numbers were last month. So.....do I wait or go for it?

Thanks..
    I am going out tomorrow hoping to finalize a deal on a 04 AWD rx 330 with Prem Plus pkg. Can anyone give me recent prices paid that I can use as leverage?

Thanks!!!
    Best price I got is 40,100 OTD for a 2004 AWD w/ premium plus package from Prestige Lexus on Route 17. Of course that will apply to what they have in stock but they happen to have the color combo I want so for me it was not a problem. And if you are financing any of the vehicle they offered me 3.65% that is with tier 1 rating.
    What was the price before TTL? and was this recent? That interest rate is great.
  • coler23coler23 Member Posts: 5
    After reading this board for a few weeks, I went to JM Lexus in South Florida. I am visiting in Florida but live in Maryland. I got an AWD Premium plus with NAV which has an MSRP of 44,288 for 40,100 and they shipped it to my home in Maryland free of charge. I think it is a good deal, but I have never leased a car before and I wonder if the payments make sense. I put 3500 down and am paying 550 a month. TTL is included in those prices. Did I get a good deal?
    Thanks for the feedback
  • coler23coler23 Member Posts: 5
    I forgot to give the specifics of my lease. It is 36 months 12,000 miles. msrp 44,288 I negotiated to 40,100 and I am paying 550 a month with 3500 down ttl included. Was this a good deal?
  • lsouterlsouter Member Posts: 13
    I am trying to purchase a RX330 in Florida and the process has stalled since the dealer is telling me that MD is a non-reciprocal state, meaning that I would have to pay Florida AND MD taxes if I plan to drive the vehicle home. This is crazy!! Does anyone have any info that could help me out here?

coler23 - how did the leasing go as far as taxes and tags?
    I think you got a great deal on the price. I have never heard any one here giving such a great deal in MD. I just recently purchased an AWD with premium plus and NAV for 37500+ taxes. It was a used one with 1100 miles. You claim your price of 40,100 includes the taxes which for maryland is around 1800 for my vehicle. Even if it is 2000, you still got the vehicle for 38,100 which is a fantastic deal.

All quotes I have got here are for 40,500+TTL for the one with NAV and 37,900 +TTL for with NAV.

Enjoy the vehicle. You got urself a bargain according to me at least.

Florida is a reciprocative state and many here have purchased vehicles there and paid taxes thare. You don't need to pay taxes in 2 states.

Prasad
    Florida is a reciprocative state for MD and many here have purchased vehicles there and paid taxes there. You don't need to pay taxes in 2 states.

Dealer is taking U for a ride or is un informed.
  • docrock143docrock143 Member Posts: 18
    I just closed a deal for my fourth Lexus vehicle from a Maryland dealer (2004 RX330 for my wife). I got an LX470 last year from the same dealer, financing through Lexus Financial Services(LFS) with a rate of 4.45%.
    I have top tier excellent credit...before I meet with F & I manager Monday, any information on current best rates I could expect from LFS for financing?
    Thanks and best regards,
    Alan
  • kathylexuskathylexus Member Posts: 4
    I am planning to buy an RX330 AWD Premium Pkg+, with the Heated seats and rain sensing wipers in a few weeks. I live in Georgia but I am willing to travel to get a good deal.

What is the best way to do the negotiating? Do you recommend that I send in a fax of what I want to pay? Call in and ask for a sales person? I am a bit confused on the best approach. I am looking for the most painless approach. If I plan to buy closer to the end of the month when should I start the negotiating?

If you got a deal close to invoice could you please give me the details of the vehicle, how you arrived at the deal and the sales person/dealership.

I was reading the posts about paying tax. I thought you could buy a vehicle out of state and then pay the taxes when you get home?

I am getting very excited at the prospect of owing my first lexus. This group is an awesome resource.

Thanks
    Kathy
  • kathylexuskathylexus Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

How were you able to negotiate the dollar value for your trade? Did you take the car in for an evaluation? When did you discuss the trade with them? Was it part of the deal for the price of the RX or did you negotiate that after you were quoted a price?

Thanks.
    Kathy
    Prasad,

First Congrats on the new RX. I visited Lexus of Rockville and wasn't too impressed there (must've been the salesman).

How did you know that MD is indeed a reciprocal state to Florida? I'm trying to prove this to the salesman down there.

Also, who in Annapolis did you get the 37,900 quote from? Send reply to lakeishasouter@comcast.net

Thanks, LSouter
    Hello LSouter,

I was informed by the internet manager from Countyline Lexus in Florida that they are a reciprocative state. Mr. WhitRX330 bought one there too, and paid taxes there for VA. So Florida is reciprocative to MD and VA. Check your email for the contact name at Lexus of Annapolis.

Prasad
    LSouter,

Prasad is correct. As stated by my previous post, I paid my Virginia taxes through the Florida dealer (County Line Lexus). As a matter of record, they preferred I settled the tax issue that way. I believe your dealer has the sale tax mixed-up with the use-tax. Please check with your MD DMW for the real low-down on what you will have too pay.

Thank you

Whit
    I first negotiated the selling price of the vehicle and then when I had the price set I told them I needed to trade my car and they evaluated it at the dealership. I told them the car had to be sold to make the deal on the new vehicle. Never tell them you are doing the trade in until you have your price set.
    I signed this deal on July 30th. The did not put a breakdown of the price on the sales sheet, they just listed sale price of 40,100 because I used the leverage of this website and prices other people paid in the Tri-state area, told the dealer what I was willing to pay OTD and he wrote in just like that - no breakdown. That interest rate only applies to tier 1 raring and I think it may have been also because I am a previous Lexus owner and financed with them before. The rate was with LSF - not really sure what finance company that is? Hope this helps
    Prasad,

Thank you for all of your help. It's funny how when I challenged the guy in Florida that I haven't heard back from him on the taxes issue - I think he was trying to take me for a ride. Ahh well . . .

I did contact Lexus of Annapolis and I got a quote of 37,900 + ttl (40,147.90 OTD) for a AWD Premium Plus in Bamboo. My husband and I are going to take the deal. Bamboo has been rally hard to find.

Thanks again, WhitRX, Silva and Prasad.

LSouter
This discussion has been closed.