Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• FWD
    Sales Tax
    TTL/Destination
    Performance Plus Pack
    18" Alloy Wheels
    Transmission Cooler
    Tow Package
    Car Mats
    Rain Sensing Wipers
    Heated Seats
    and more :)

After 3 hours of negotiating Price $36k even.
  • gardencargardencar Posts: 293
    Ladyofluxury, yes it is, every penny!

Remember, your moniker is ladyofluxury, not utility! Anyway, it's great to hear from you again. Take care.
  • lol I guess you are right. I will definitely post after my back-to-back test drives which will ultimately be the deciding factor for me. I am still concerned with what appeared to be large blind spots in the RX but I will know more once I drive them. I can't believe over a year of research and I'm still undecided! :-) Will it be ladyofluxury....or ladyofutility...
  • pulisubspulisubs Posts: 39
    The regular RX330 board may be the right one for this kind of response but here goes...

I have a 1997 4Runner Limited 4WD. Love the truck. When we lived in Cleveland, I would get the truck out specially in snow, just to get a kick out of the way it handles. Arguably one of the best off-road vehicles available this side of 40K. I drove a Pathfinder and a Montero Sport and felt very insecure with their handling :-(.

But unfortunately, its a truck. I get about 15 miles to a gallon in city and about 19 on the highway. I know the new one has a newer engine (4.0L V6 as opposed to my 3.4L V6) and better fuel efficiency but still, its a truck. It will ride stiffer than the RX330, undoubtedly. If you are looking for a family car, RX is the better option, IMHO.
  • Just received the quote from the first dealer via e-mail. Dallas, TX.
    2WD with
    Premium Plus
    Navigation w/rv camera
    18 inch wheels
    Heated seats w rain/s wipers
    Towing pack
    Cargo mat and Wheel lock
    MSRP: $42,788
    He offers to sell for $38,170
    Do you think it could be any lower? Any thoughts?
  • rx330rx330 Posts: 16
    I think its a good deal!. Howmuch they quote for the same options but AWD?
    Is is a out-the-door price?
  • gardencargardencar Posts: 293
    Da! Haroshi deal! Any discount over $4,000 is a good deal. $4,600 off is a great deal!
  • It is $38,170, plus tax, plus $50 doc. fee, plus $93.80 license, plus $33.23 registration.
    I also have the trade-in which we agree to price based on KBB web site assessment. I sent the summary to the dealer on fax and he congirmed the appointment.
  • look4carlook4car Posts: 3
    Is Performance Package available in SF Bay area region? If it is, is it a good idea to get the Performance Package? Is it worth the money? Thank you.
  • Park Place in Plano did a great job. The whole buying process took one and a half hours. Final price:
    2WD Bamboo Pearl with
    Premium Plus
    Navigation w/rv camera
    18 inch wheels
    Towing pack
    Cargo mat and Wheel lock
    MSRP: $42,788
    Final price $38,170 +TTL
    I had a tade in 2002 Toyota RAV4 L package 24,000 miles for $12,400
  • donnadonna Posts: 23
    I don't know if gorbushka would tell me by email who he dealt with at the Park Place dealership but he got a much better deal than they are going to give me here. I don't have a tradein but will be paying cash. My email address for this is:
                   vandeedt@yahoo.com.

The one salesman who called would not even mention an amount.
  • engineerengineer Posts: 1
    In reading the early posts to this thread, I see the 2004 RX330's began showing up at dealerships in late March, 2003. This would seem to indicate that 2005's are not far off, and I'm wondering why our local Twin Cities dealerships are still sticking to minimal discounts and not even mentioning 2005's are just around the corner? Anyone got the word on when 2005 model year RX330's will be coming?

Thanks!
  • mfullmermfullmer Posts: 819
    ...early September. That is when normal model years begin arriving at dealerships. The reason that the '04s arrived last March is because it was an early introduction of a brand new generation of RX. That is normally the way it is done with most vehicles.
  • windy6windy6 Posts: 57
    Don't want to deal, Donna, mainly because IIRC with 5 stores there's only two owners. Call Lexus of Austin, or Park Place. Austin is actually closer to you.

We did our deal in about 30 minutes, they bought our lunch while they prepped it. We didn't save as much dollar wise but ours was just a premium package, 18" wheels, towing, cargo mats and wheel locks. IOW what passes for a stripped down RX 330. MSRP was 39233, we got $3500 off.

Contact me for salesman's name if you want
  • fsc1555fsc1555 Posts: 42
    donna email me at fsc1555@aol.com and I will let u know who I dealt with in Park Place .
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,157
    If you mark your email public in your Profile, other members will be able to reach you but your email address will get picked up by fewer web search engine spiders (like Google). And that may limit the amount of spam you get.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• sharkalasharkala Posts: 48
    Does anyone know if there are going to be any changes to the existing model? thanks.
    If I buy the SUV in another city and have the warranty service done in Houston can I expect to get the same service that I would get if I had bought it from them? Also, how can I be sure the total cost will be emailed me if I end up buying some distance away? Will a printed email from the salesman or fax be sufficient? Do you take a cashiers check?
    I believe in 2005, Lexus is introducing RX400h (hybrid). It will have Rx330 body & style but more powerful engine that runs on hybrid technology.
  • windy6windy6 Posts: 57
    Yes Donna the warranty is from Lexus, not from the dealership so they would have to honor it. BTW, we paid with a personal check.
    On the printout from Westside Lexus they list C1 (I know there is a CL - dynamic Laser Cruse control) but nowhere can I find C1. Does anyone know what this is?
  • dandgdandg Posts: 86
    Greetings all,
    trying to buy wife a new AWD RX330,we went to dealer in NH to look at 03 RX300's with low miles but all sold out so she drove a RX330 and loved it.
     Here is the deal we where offered (one price shop no-haggle) A 04 new Flint Mica with Black leather,AWD,premium plus,rs wipers,18 inch wheels,m/s heated seats.MSRP=41838 price offered was 39739 (-2109).From reading posts on here it would seem that we could do a good bit better(closer to -4000 off list).Help!Please......This is only dealer in NH adn he had many of them sold, but we would be willing to travel(drive or maybe even fly) for another $1900 off.
    Many Thanks in advance for advice or help
    feel free to email or post.Dave K
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    I had a terrible experience with Houston Area lexus dealers (especially SM Lexus on 59S). Any way similar to lexus the infiniti dealers here did not want to play ball on price I bought my FX from dallas and have no problems getting it serviced locally. I'm sure Lexus would be the same way.
    I do not have my SUV yet but I have an email saying that WestSide Lexus in Houston would sell me my RX 330 with the following options:

Model: 2004 Lexus RX 330
    Exterior Color: Bamboo Pearl
    Interior Color: Light Gray
    2WD with
    Premium Plus
    Navigation w/rv camera
    18 inch wheels
    Towing pack
    Cargo mat and Wheel lock

for $39,000 +TTL. Also, they would tint my front windows. WestSide is going to provide me for the first 2 years or 25,000 miles of maintenance for free. They only provide for the first 2 years or 20,000 miles of oil changes, at some other dealers and there is a difference. For example WestSide will pay for the 15,000 mile service which is $325, others only pay for the oil and filter change you must pay for the rest. The oil and filter change is a very small part of the charge. So, WeatSide can sell me the car for $39,000 plus tax title and license and I get all of their services with it and no hidden charges.

I didn't want the 18" tires but 4 dealers said that they all are coming with the 18" tire. The cost for a 18" tire is $60 higher and I didn't think it was worth it. The $39,000 is more than $4,000 below MSRP unless I figured wrong. Hope I don't have any of the problems some of you have had.

I want to thank the many emails I have received. They all have helped me. I also want to thank Edmunds for providing this service. It has been a great learning experience.
  • fsc1555fsc1555 Posts: 42
    What is your MSRP? I think MSRP on your options probably runs around 42+ and less than 43000.00 not sure what the exact amount! if thats the case its less than 4000.00 below MSRP around 3500.00 -
    but if the service you are talkign about is really true thats a good service since most of the dealership on have 2 free service 1000 and then the 5000 service! no free oil change after that or free maintenance at all.
    let us know
    I received an email last night from my salesman requesting a call to charge a deposit. I was unable to do this and hope to hear from him this morning. I refigured the cost and think I will be paying $3,630 below the MSRP of $35,175. The MSRP amount I was using included the $625 destination charge. Anyway, I could not have done it without the help of your emails to me. In my email to the salesman I asked that the floor mats and net for the back be included for the $39,000. I could not get this package from the Dallas, Plano, nor Austin dealer.

I hope to pick it up next Wednesday and will email how it ends up.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    Congrats. I have heard good things about westside. Enjoy your new Lexus :)
     I was hoping to charge more to my Visa card, I get money back, but $2,000 is all allowed. I should pick up the RX 330 next Tuesday. It should be delivered to the dealer this Sunday. I found out that it was made in Canada but the salesman said that they haven't had any problems with any they have received from the Canadian plant.
  • Thanks to all of you who have been posting pricing and negotiating info on this message board. I've been watching the site and was able to benefit from your experiences. In return, I'm posting my purchase info here too, to help future RX 330 owners.

I just closed a deal on a RX 330, Metallic Silver/Black Leather, AWD, Premium Plus Package with heated seats, headlight wipers, tow prep, cargo mat and wheel locks for $38,500 before tax and title (MSRP was $41,838).

My local dealer quoted me $39,176, and I then proceeded to blastfax 6 other dealers within 2 hours drive to get their quotes. I included my preferred color combinations, and told them I wanted to take delivery by 3/31 (the end of Toyota Motor Corp's fiscal year).

Best quote I got was $37,800 on a Bamboo Pearl/Ivory model comparably equipped (2-3 hours away). Obviously an outstanding price. However, I couldn't find a Silver/Black model (which was my preferred choice) anywhere. I kept working with my local dealer, who finally agreed to locate a silver/black combo for me and gave me the $38,500 offer. This dealer will wash your car every Saturday for free (April-Oct), and give you bagels while you wait. My husband said he'd bring both our kids and give me an hour of quiet time on Saturdays -- bonus!!!

So I took the deal. Not an outstanding price, but a good one. Car washes and free time Saturday mornings included gratis!!

As they say in the Mastercard ads, "Some things in life are priceless!"
This discussion has been closed.