Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    chengrchengr Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at AWD and Premium Plus Package w/ Nav system. The MSRP is $45083. How much do you think I should pay in Minneapolis?
  • Options
    chengrchengr Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at 2005 RX330 AWD and Premium Plus Package w/Nav at MSRP of $45083. I live in Minneapolis area. Anyone has any idea what I should pay for this vehicle? Thanks!
  • Options
    kelonskikelonski Member Posts: 6
    jj2, thanks. what area are you from? good to know for price reasons. I am definately working on trying to get them down.

I am still confused by these 18" wheels. Don't the 18" have the rims with 10 spokes? That's how they show it if you research it on Lexus' website. I thought if the car had the 6 spokes they were not the 18" wheels. Now I am starting to wonder what I test drove as well. Would you pay extra for it? Or did you get it because it came with it? thanks!
  • Options
    Actually I did just get confirmation that Lexus is only building cars with a limited collection of options (no more special orders on the 2005 at this point). So that answers my question about the tires. Looks like I drove the 18" tires as well and can only get it that way. :)
  • Options
    jj2jj2 Member Posts: 11
    I am in Utah. I found a couple of posts about 6-8 weeks ago where people paid that price, so I told the internet manager that I would be willing to pay $38,000, and ended paying $38,400. I did see various amounts of what the "real" invoice price, I'm still not sure what it is.

I would have to walk out to my car to see how many spokes my 18" wheels.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Good Luck! :)
  • Options
    jj2
    when you say 6-8 weeks ago and people paid THAT price do you mean aprox $38,400? This will help me understand if I am getting a good deal without having to go back and review all the posts as well. So far I got $34,400 and $34,200 so it's way off.

I will try your tactic of telling the salesguy $38,000. I hope it works but I know it's not always so easy.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    I usually lease my cars. Getting ready to buy this one over the next week or so and I cannot remember that when you purchase a vehicle do you have to have it serviced at the same location from where it was purchased? If so, this could make a big difference on where you end up getting it. Thanks!!
  • Options
    vtcvtc Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post here.

I purchased my RX330, AWD, Prem+, Nav, 18", etc. on 6/25. I contacted four Northern CA and Bay Area dealerships through edmunds price quote system and these were my experiences:

All dealers responded immediately and quoted an MSRP of 45083.

1. Freeman Lexus of Santa Rosa did not have the color/pkg I wanted on the ground - said it could be a week or more wait. The salesman quoted 41388 - what he said was 1500 over invoice. Came down to 40888 and then stated that he didn't have to sell the car for less than that because he could get more from "walk-ins", cited popularity in our area, etc. After I secured a better price from another dealer, I called him back and offered to purchase the car from him if he could match. (I am Sonoma County business owner and like to do business here.)
    He said he'd see what he could do and call back in an hour - never heard from him again.

2. Concord Lexus offered 41388 as well to start. I decided they were too much out of my area and did not pursue.

3. Lexus of Marin offered same 41388 then came to 40888. They did not have the color/pkg I wanted and could not give me delivery date. They sort of double teamed me on the phone with two salesman and implied they could do a better deal, match my other offer - maybe - if I could wait maybe 3 weeks, maybe more... Honestly, I expected better from this dealership, it all seemed a little greasy.

4. Coliseum Lexus of Oakland - the winner!
    Initially offered 40888, ultimately came to 40638 + TTL. I think that between my trade-in and final price I may have left a couple hundred dollars on the table, but they were the only one with my color/pkg on the ground and the Internet/Fleet Manager there was absolutely great - no greasy maneuvering. He managed to hold the car for me without deposit from Thursday to Saturday morning (maybe nobody else wanted it? Who knows, I appreciated the effort anyway) and he was very straight forward, professional, and likable. I wish I could name him here, but ask for the Internet/Fleet Manager and you should get him - I hope it's OK to say that. His "style" of selling does not leave you feeling like you've been "sold". Coliseum Lexus should be happy to have him.

BTW, love the RX. Have never owned an automatic before, so I am really happy.
    I know others on this forum are disappointed with the "transmission hesitation" and I was very wary. Have had the car for over 2 weeks and honestly, it's not an issue for me - maybe because this is my first automatic I just don't "get" the problem??

My RX is really a dream to drive and I have no regrets!

Sorry for the length of post, but I hope it helps someone as I was helped by everyone - thanks again...
  • Options
    yyyyyy Member Posts: 22
    ~$1000 over invoice is about right if you are buying in the N. CA.
    Dealers do not negotiate anything lower than that over internet as I tried.
    You may get ~500 less than invoice if you get it from S. CA, if you want to pick up your car from there. The internet buying process is the same regardless.
  • Options
    esrxgsesrxgs Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am in So. CA, and I got mine about six months ago. 05 RX330 AWD w/NAV, Pre. Plus and 18'' RIM HID RES (DVD)

MSRP of $47653 from Lexus.com and KBB.com and I got it at Invoice price $41,876 + tax & license
    Color Breakwater

Hope that help. :D
  • Options
    ltazeltaze Member Posts: 17
    Hi everyone, I have 2 questions. First, does anyone know if heated seats are standard on the Premium Plus package? Do you have to have the Premium Plus Package to get the heated seats or can you get it with the Premium only package? One dealer told me heated seats wnet only with premium Plus but he didn't specify if it was standard or if it was an optional feature.

Second, what kind of prices have you guys gotten on the FWD Premium Plus without Navi? Everyone seems to get the AWD, but I live in Miami, so I am not sure that I would really need the AWD here. (And yes, I know that heated seats doesn't make any sense in Miami, but I relly like heated seats for my back.) :P

Thanks for any advice you all can offer! :)
  • Options
    borisyanborisyan Member Posts: 6
    do you know which one in S. CA. I am ready to buy one. I am from N. CA and I will have a business trip to S. CA next week. I don't mind to drive one back.
  • Options
    may I ask what is TTL
  • Options
    arkanataarkanata Member Posts: 1
    Perhaps if you had dealt with the internet manager at Lexus of Marin, you would have had a more pleasant, straightforward experience!
  • Options
    justthetipjustthetip Member Posts: 1
    Yo Yo,

Going to purchase a RX330 AWD, no navigation. Who has the best deal in Denver? Any comments to share on dealerships in the Rocky Mountain area?

Thanks!
  • Options
    lcblcb Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to this forum I paid invoice + $600 + tax + tag (nothing else) for the 330 w/Nav and Prem Plus.

I took the invoice price from edmunds.com and emailed the specs of the car to 4 dealers mentioning edmunds and requesting a quote. I said that I would visit the dealer only after agreeing the final "OTD" (out the door) price in order to pick up the car.

I was polite but requested no calls. I was clear that I would shop the price around. To those who wanted to call me or so I asked if they would not quote me and some did and others not.

2 of the 4 dealers engaged. I repeated that I wanted an "all-in" OTD (out the door) price. Be sure to mention the processing fee and Lexus Dealer Advertising fee as something you will not pay later. They will bring it up when you go.

Got me best deal and then reconfirmed that they had the car in stock, got the name of the person, and reconfirmed that were absolutely no other costs, charges or fees.

Printed the edmunds page, all emails and went and picked up the car.

Best car deal I ever made.

Thanks
    LCB
  • Options
    yyyyyy Member Posts: 22
    You should use the Edmunds to get the internet price quote from the S. CA dealers. All you have to do is to enter the zip code of the location you prefer. The web side will automatically returns dealers list. I got the same quote from 3 dealers (Crown, Cerrito, Glendale), but I have to work on deciding which dealer has the car sooner as none of them has the car in the lot. (You'll figure out in no time that they are equally sleazy and visting any one of dealers in person may damaging your mental health.) The only other cost is $35 fee, which dealers stated that all dealer charge it. Get your financing ready as toyota does not the best rate. You're paying the same tax based on the county you live, so you are not saving anything on this. Test drive the car before signing the paper. That's all. Cheers,
  • Options
    briegelbriegel Member Posts: 139
    I found the internet manager at Lexus of Riverside to be very professional and a pleasure to work with...not sleazy at all. Give him a call and good luck!
  • Options
    malexusrx330malexusrx330 Member Posts: 7
    I got what you have for 36700 from clearwate lexus in florida last month. very happy with it.
  • Options
    $600 for an oil change every 5000miles and rotation of tires every 10000miles. over five years. that works out to 120 year for tow oil chanes and one tire rotation. I have a 2002 pathfinder the nissna serice manager will charge me 14 bucks to change my oil just llke the pathfinder. It is a toyota lexus reliability is number one. No need to pay 50 bucks for a simple oil change.
  • Options
    vtcvtc Member Posts: 2
    I emailed through edmunds and received a prompt response from Lexus of Marin. The response was signed by Internet Manager (IN) and this person identified himself as such in our follow-up phone conversations.

(IN) offered 40888 then, 40388 - which sounded good to me.

I was later contacted by someone identifying himself as (IN's) "Boss" and was told I had misunderstood the 40388 - that (IN) had simply told me he would "try" to get me this price.....

I could hear (IN) in the background of this conversation throwing out numbers and "what if we could..." statements which were then repeated by "Boss".

Ultimately they did not have the car I wanted and didn't seem to know for sure when they would - but might figure it out if I came in....

This was simply my experience with this dealership and these particular individuals. I am glad to hear you had a more positive and straightforward experience!
  • Options
    looking4lexlooking4lex Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer for 39,900 for AWD Premium Plus w/o navigation from Lexus of Wilmington. Anyone know if this is good price given the end of model year status? Also, I'm not getting responses for internet quotes. Should I call other Lexus dealerships & ask for internet manager instead?
  • Options
    cnguyencnguyen Member Posts: 1
    I would like to check if any one have any idea how much I have to pay for out of the door. I am looking for the RX 330 FWD with navigation system with rear camera and premium plus package in white crystal and light gray inside. I am in California. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    tom54tom54 Member Posts: 1
    what was the invoice price that you got 100 over?
  • Options
    nylexus1nylexus1 Member Posts: 3
    Hello People,
    Just thought that I should post some information that I believe will be useful for the masses. Firstly, this forum has been a tremendous source of info for me and has helped me a lot in getting what I believe was a good deal.
    If you are looking for a 2005 RX330 in NY, your first and only stopshould Lexus of ROCKVILLE CENTER. They are simply the best from price perspective and customer service. They have been around for just 1 year and are motivated to get business and hence there great prices and outstanding customer service. There is a young sales manager there who is simply outstanding. Deal with him if you can. I will not give names nor the price I paid but all I can say is I shopped 6 dealers in NY (including Rallye who were by far one of the worst in price and service, understandably as they have been around for long and have developed a false ego), 6 dealers in NJ, 6 in CA, and Lexus of Rockville Center were the lowest in price and best in service. I have read the forums here and believe I got an outstanding deal. Just so know what you want, be courteous, be patient, and be ready to do the deal then and there and I assure you, you will not leave unhappy, guaranteed!! And no, I do not work for them. If you dont believe, go see for yourself and you willknow what Im talking about. In addition, they got me financing for 4.3% 3 year auto loan in todays market which is pretty darn good. Also, remember, the moreoptions you get on the car, the more profit the dealer makes and the more savings they can passon to you.The few options you get, the lesser room to negotiate. Thanks again to everyone here!!!
  • Options
    With the 2005 rx330model, you cannotpick and choose the options and what you want on it anymore as they are stopping production on it in few weeks and what you see in inventory islikely all that is out there. 2006 comes out in Oct and willbe 3000 or so more than 2005. Most RX'scome with premium plus, awd, tow package, cargo mat, wheellock, high intensity lamps (these swivel as you turn-cool), and 18" wheels and CD changer. Just nav and dvd is what you can add or subtract.
    To those who dont like the cheap silver plastic look on the rx330 dashboard (around the cd and nav), it can be covered if you go for the extra wood accessory package which is aftermarket and is about 800 bucks.it covers all that andmakes it look great.however, that wood is veneer and may come off after few years AND will have to be glued on again.
    Last useful feature is the remote start, great for winters. Can start and heat upthe car from the house during winter. Its about 500 bucks aftermarket.
    RX kicks X5, Infiniti, ML350, Acura behinds anyday!! Test drove all.
  • Options
    csr242csr242 Member Posts: 9
    I live in St Louis. I just got a quote from dealer for 2005 RX 330 AWD Millineum Silver Metallic with Gray interior. Options include Premium plus package with navigation, heated front seats, towing prep, 6 CD changer, 18 in-alloy wheels, cargo mat & wheel locks. Dealer is throwing all weather floor mats and clear edge guards. The quote is 41000+ 117 (processing fee). Edmunds MSRP is 45209, invoice 39500 and TMV 41425. Thinking of accepting it. Any suggestions/advice or word of caution. Appreciate any responses.
  • Options
    esrxgsesrxgs Member Posts: 3
    I got it from Mission Viejo (internet dept.)
  • Options
    tibbatibba Member Posts: 13
    If you are still around now that you have your car... can you let me know which dealership you got this car from? Also, can anyone tell me where the Thundercloud editions are made?

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    gvlnggvlng Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone had experience with Lexus of Tucson? Since they are the only Lexus dealer here I wonder how they treat you service wise. Any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    lexyfanlexyfan Member Posts: 13
    Can you provide me more details on the dealer and salesperson you dealt with. I leave in austin and so far i received price of 38300 for rx330 with premium package which i think is too much. Looks like you got a great price and would be happy to get rx in that price.
  • Options
    whitallwhitall Member Posts: 190
    Sorry guys, my budget barely allows for a Lexus, but I really want this one. I am selling my 2000 dodge grand caravan sport and want to feel a little more luxury. Can I get a 2005 or 2006 RX330 without a premium package? If it is a "package", then it should be available without a package, otherwise it is really just an inflation to the MSRP disguised as optional. I am willing to order it if I have to. Would it still have leather seats if I don't get the package? I believe the brochure they mailed me indicated the leather seats were standard. I notice on the website when I try to "build" one it always adds a package. While I would love more goodies, I don't really need them and like I said, my budget is really topped out around 30,000, though I know I'd need a little more to get one without a package. :( ANy advice?? :confuse:
  • Options
    I am looking for buying RX330 with premium Package in Texas , austin area. I don't mind driving to houston, san antonio or dallas if some body can give me reference for good dealer and good price. I requested internet quotes and received $38300 as the best so far. I read notes for people buying at 36,300 in houston . Can somebody guide me on getting best price in texas .

Thx
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Sorry, we don't allow info about specific salespeople to be exchanged. Dealership, city, and state are allowed.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    36700 lexus of clearwater. rx330 05 fwd, 18 inch wheels, prem plus.onyx black on ivory with all weather mats. by the way the radio is great. you just have to know how to use that large right hand knob.
  • Options
    maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    You can order the RX stripped from the factory. THat is you can order it without the Premium Package from the factory. But there are a few problems with this. 1) it will take 3-04 months to get it. 2) Alot of dealers don't like special ordering cars. Therefore they may not discount it much. In which case it may make sense to get the RX with the Premium package since you may only pay a bit more for it.

Also, instead of stretching your budget, have you thought about getting a Toyota Highlander? It's basically the same vehicle but will cost you less and you can probably buy one for close to Invoice and Toyota probably has a factory to customer rebate also.
  • Options
    Yes, you can but only for the 2006 model. You will have to special order it and no extra charge but it will likely take couple of months to get to you. Leather is an option and is not standard. You can get cloth seats if you want. Leather is in a package. I would suggest getting the package if you want good resale on the car as when you sell it, people will expect a Lexus to have basic luxury features. But, if you will keep it forever, then i guess you could go for the basic. Get the FWD and not the AWD as that is cheaper. You will likely have to pay more than 30K.
  • Options
    Thank you very much for the information. $36700 final price right no other dealer charges like advertisement fee etc etc right? I know license fee, sales tax and other things will be extra but want to confirm the dealer price, so that i don't get last minute surprise from the dealer saying no this doesn't include this and that. Appreciate your response. If everything works out i am going to houston next week to close the deal.
  • Options
    Yes that was the price. no surprises. yes the tax and tags were extra, there were some miscellaneuos fees but they were less than 300. since they threw in the all weather matts with the deal and a three day cruise we were happy. The reason we really chose lexus of clearwater was that they were the only ones who admitted there was an issue with the drive by wire transmission, the corporate lexus office denied it, the lexus of tampa deal, the lexus of sarasota denied it. lexus of clearwater quickly admitted it and did the software update. they threw in the cruise for two as well. Lexus can advertise how good there service is, but what is important is that they are honest and anything made by toyota is quality and relibable. That way you should not need to use the service department except for what your "owners manual " states.
    We have had the rx for about 6 weeks and have no regrets. we were looking at a 2003 mercedes 320e. mercedes just cannot compare to the reliability of lexus. most of my mercedes owner friends agree with me. yes mercedes owners agree that lexus is more reliable. buy the lexus you cannot go wrong.
  • Options
    I am in tampa bay and got 36700 for the rx 330 onyx black prem plus 18 inch wheel, xenon lights. heated seats standard, they are nice on a long drive just crank the ac and keep your back lumbar nice and warm. the rx is great and i am glad i bought it instead of the 2003 mercedes 320e for at a similar price.Lexus of clear water is where i bought it.
  • Options
    flyinghaoflyinghao Member Posts: 1
    How big is your 330's 18'' wheel? Is it evidently bigger than its basic 17'' wheel? And do you think it is really worth of having it? You mentioned that you have the xenon lights. Is it just the HID which is included in the prem plus package? I'm in Miami and really want this luxurious SUV. Thanks a lot. :)
  • Options
    Just bough one in North CA today. 2wl, premium plus+18"wheel+6 CD+cargo mat and wheel lock. for 36491. and then just tax, lience and 45 documentation fees. the dealer also add the gas to full which is a $45 value. And I got my color waterbreak blue. I am pretty happy with the purchase, But I am not sure if I got a good price. (I've contact several dealers, this is the lowest price offered and the only one have it in stock.)
  • Options
    manumanu Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased an RX330 with Navigation in NJ. I got a good, near-invoice price on it, and I'd gladly recommend the dealership where I bought it. I won't go into negotiation details, as there is plenty of excellent advice on that in this forum. But, I do want to share a couple of my observations about my internet buying experience.

If you send quote requests through Lexus' website, you might subsequently receive short survey emails regarding dealers’ response to your requests. I don't know who initiates these surveys, Lexus or the dealers themselves. But, I noticed I got quick responses (within minutes) if I submitted the survey with a neutral response. Sometimes, after submitting the surveys, I also got 'out-of-office' emails from people at Toyota, so I believe these surveys might be monitored by real people at Toyota/Lexus. This may or may not help you get a better deal, but I felt I got better quotes after I submitted the surveys.

Be wary of dealers whose internet sales departments simply pass you onto the traditional salespeople on their floor. I had a very courteous exchange with a NJ dealer's internet department. They quoted me a very good price with only a bit of negotiating. But, when I walked into the dealership, they handed me off to a salesman on the floor who was extremely arrogant and pushy. He had 'notes' from my conversations with the internet staff. He knew I wouldn't be making the purchase right away, and I was simply coming to look at the color choices in their inventory. I had made it clear that I would come back later in the day with my wife to make the decision on colors. Yet, the salesman was insistent, and quite rudely so, saying that if I didn't sign the purchase agreement right then (no VIN, open to color choices), with a NON-refundable $2500 deposit, they would not deal with me. He finally brought in the sales manager who eventually told me I didn't have to sign the purchase agreement, but they'd keep the form filled and ready when I returned. The whole thing seemed a bit staged for a high-pressure sale. I certainly wasn't expecting this after the civil experience I had with their internet staff. Of course, I never returned to that dealership.
  • Options
    rohit1rohit1 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Canada. Below is my situation. pls advise whether I should Lease or FINANCE????

1.Finance the car
    Total cost of the car=$63,726.10(including tax & PDI+admin)
    Finance rate= 2.4%
    Down payment-$15,000
    Monthly payment- $1065.65X48 months= $51,151.20
    Total = $ 66,151.20

2. Lease the car
    Finance rate-2.5% (if I put $5000 security deposit)
    Security deposit- $5000
    Payment due upon delivery- $2615.10
    MOnthly payments- 780.10X48= $37,444.80
    Residual- $24,444.40+tax= $28,111.06
    Total= $68,170.96 (This is the cost if I decide to buy the vehicle after 48 months)

Pls advise what way should I go
  • Options
    adler223adler223 Member Posts: 7
    I heard that Toyota/Lexus was raising it's prices on Monday. Does anyone know if that will effect the RX? Thanks
  • Options
    joeyijoeyi Member Posts: 13
    Could you let me know how much you paid for this car? I am looking for this same exact car in Los Angeles - you could save me a lot of time!!
    Thanks
  • Options
    encinoadamencinoadam Member Posts: 8
    Hi all. I'm looking to pick up an RX330 this week. I was put off a bit by a few things the dealer told me.... and I want to find out if there is any truth to it.

First, they told me that they only receive shipments of new cars every two months... so I had better hurry and buy something because it could be a LONG time before they see more cars.

Second, that production would be moving from Japan to Canada shortly, and that production delays were anticipated. My own research turned up that production had moved to Canada in September of '03. Upon bringing this to the dealers attention, he acknowledged production had already moved to Canada, but that there were huge production problems as a result. Therefore, they were still receiving many of their cars from Japan and there were shortages and that the entire world would be coming to an end shortly.

Any truth to ANY of this or is this just an attempt at pressuring me? Sidenote: if this is a sales tactic... not so bright. I'd have bought the car already if I felt like they were being honest with me. They're saying they have no idea when they might get in the car that I want, so I should probably buy the one sitting in front of me, quickly.

Help.
  • Options
    maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    "....entire world would be coming to an end shortly."

Huh? did he tell you this? If so, he must be god in which case he could be correct about RX supply!

Otherwise, he's false. A good portion(over 50%) of North American RX manufacturing has been occuring in Canada for over a year now. So I can't see how they are having problems with production. Your salesman may mean that total RX production save for Hybrid's is moving to Canada for North American market. Which I doubt, since I don't think the Canada plant has enough capacity since it also produces several other products. He's definately B.Sing about the every 2 months thing. Dealers typically get shipments on a weekly basis.
  • Options
    encinoadamencinoadam Member Posts: 8
    Ya mean production is SUPPOSED to be split between Japan and Canada? They made it seem as though Japan was still producing only because Canada did not have its act together yet. Also false??
  • Options
    clearwater dealer you are talking about is in florida right? I am looking for some dealer in Texas who can give this price i saw another conversation in this forum where houstoncpa was talking about houston dealer. Does anybody has any idea on that dealership? If i say somebody in florida or CA got this price will the dealers in Texas buzz for it ?
This discussion has been closed.