Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Missgene: I bought same vehicle you describe at Mission Viejo Lexus in early Oct 04 for $36140. Did not include tx, ttl.

Subtract CA tx and ttl from your quote and you will see how close the price is to my purchase price.
  • Thank you Buckeye1 for getting back to me.
    We are on the same page.

When I price it out at invoice with options it comes to approx. $35,224.

missgene
  • bstimebstime Posts: 16
    Given the time of year in new England wondering if this is a good deal or not from Lexus Watertown:

Sticker: 42,483
    Price quote: 39,683

I believe this is about 2k over invoice.

'05 RX 330 AWD

no NAV system. standard regional options:

Premium Plus Package with Additional Options

remium Plus Package

Additional Options:
    - Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers and headlamp washers)
    - 18-in alloy wheels (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    - Towing prep package
    - In-dash, single feed, six-disc CD auto-changer
    - Preferred Accessory Package (includes cargo mat and wheel locks)
  • jim53jim53 Posts: 109
    Edmunds TMV says I should look to pay around 1K under MSRP with is a ton over Invoice. What is a fair Deal over Invoice/under MSRP?
  • calytcalyt Posts: 2
    Just purchased a '05 RX330 yesterday. Think I received a fair price (I am a 2nd time buyer at the Lexus dealership). I paid $39,963 ($300 over invoice) for the following:

AWD RX330
    Premium Plus Package (PT)
    Navigation System w/ Rear Camera (NV)
    Heated Front Seats (HH)
    6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer (DC)
    Towing Package (TO)
    18" Alloy Wheels (FT)
    Cargo Mat (C1)
    Wheel Locks (WL)

Additionally, I am leasing the car for 48 months with a .00210 money factor and 49% residual, no money down (except license, fees, and 1st month).
  • It would be helpful to know more of your details, such as the number of payments, the money factor, etc.

Look at post #1632. He seems to have gotten a good deal. My guess is that he's paying a shade over $450. Anyway, if you are already in a lease, enjoy the car and try not to second guess yourself unless something can be done about it.
  • gottlsgottls Posts: 21
    galyt great deal in my book, enjoy the ride. Also could you post the name of the dealership, city and state for reference. Glen
  • We got the same package as calyt except FWD rather than AWD, about a month ago, for $100 over invoice in Dallas. We were surprised at how much they were willing to deal - more so than on the 2004's a month earlier.
  • where did you get that deal. Here in massachusetts the dealers are not cooperative in reducing their profit
  • I am interested in the 2005 RX330 and am looking for a dealer in the state of Washington, (near Seattle) who is willing to negotiate a price around $200-$300 over invoice. I was quoted a price of $41,405 not including tx, and license. For a black and ivory RX330, FT, HH, PT, TO, DC, ZZ, C1,Wl and the pro trim package (which was already on the car!). Would love some help here, thanks!
  • briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    Good luck finding a price like that in the Pacific Northwest! I was told by the internet sales manager at Lexus of Bellevue that $40-41k is the best price they can give on a 2005 AWD RX 330 w/o nav (list of $42,458, invoice $37,193). This was the same person I negotiated with for my 2002 AWD RX 300 at $500 over invoice. Please let me know if you find pricing that close to invoice anywhere around here!
  • bstimebstime Posts: 16
    I agree with you. the massachusetts dealers seem to be holding the line. perhaps because we are heading into winter? Anyway, per my previous post (#1630) I have a deal on the table for 2k over invoice with Lexus of Watertown. It was a straightforward negotiation.

Carflat...what has been your experience in massachusetts and at which dealer(s)?
  • I purchased my 2005 RX330 on the day before thanksgiving...now I am truely thankful.

Got a great deal at McGrath Lexus- Chicago. 2% over invoice ($772) on a 2005 AWD w/
    Premium Plus package
    Navigation system
    Tow Package
    18" alloy wheels
    6-CD changer
    Heated FS w/ RS wipers
    Accessory package
    in Mellinium Silver w/ black interior

This is pretty much how all the RX's come in this area. Thought I got a good deal with a little negotiation via email. Showed up at the dealer and everything went very smooth. Deal done in 45 min, but it took another 2.5 hours to go through everything in the RX. Love it so far... Good luck. Dealt with the internet rep. She was very professional!!!
  • calytcalyt Posts: 2
    Just picked up the car yesterday. World's apart from the RX300 that we had. Love the nav. Now I don't have to drive around in search of my fav fast food joints (unfortunately, it doesn't appear that in-n-out burgers paid for a listing on the map).

Purchased the car at Lexus Serramonte in Northern CA. Putnam Lexus and Stevens Creek Lexus are the two other dealerships here on the peninsula, but I didn't really talk to them at length. Serramonte offers free storage and shuttle service to SFO (during weekday business hours), which has been an extremely valuable benefit.
  • dgrayson,

I am looking to buy RX330, I will appreciate you sharing your experience, and price you brought for and dealer name. This will help me less or minimal negotiation and will make buying experience hassle free.

Thanks
  • vgwvgw Posts: 1
    In Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and looking to purchase:

2005 AWD RX330 Bamboo Pearl
    Premium Plus Package (PT)
    Navigation System w/ Rear Camera (NV)
    Heated Front Seats (HH)
    6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer (DC)
    18" Alloy Wheels (FT)
    Rain Sensing Wipers
    Car Mats

I would appreciate information on deals anyone has negeotiated.

Thanks,
    VGW
  • daniudaniu Posts: 1
    Any one had any experience in getting quotes from lexus dealers in Phoenix area?

Only three in Phoenix and I was given a general quote of $2000 over invoice from dealer in Scottscale.

Would appreciate if anyone can share their experience
    I am trying to determine what a fair price would be in the Pittsburgh area. MSRP is around 42.3K and according to Edmunds, invoice is around 33,500 (I can't believe there is an 8,800 difference btw the two on this car). Quote I got was for around 1,300 under MSRP. From the posts on this board that doesn't look very attractive. Can anyone tell me what they think is a fair, easily closable deal? Also, anyone had any recent luck in Western PA?
  • The invoice pricing you got from Edmunds must be before premium packages and other options. You can use this same site's TMV service to get fair pricing in your area. Also, you can use http://www.carsdirect.com. This site provides some of the best pricing available in your zip code. Good luck.
  • Does anyone know what the lowest interest rate you can get on an RX in Illinois for 60 months. I feel our dealer is way too high at what they are offering. What is the lowest you have been quoted and where?
    You were correct. Edmunds didnt have the invoice pricing for the options. Looks like the correct MSRP is 42,458 and Invoice is 37,193. What is a fair and closable deal in Western PA given those numbers?
  • I live in Pittsburgh and was in the market for an RX as well. I submitted quote requests from the various dealers in the area, with no luck in Pitt. I wound up going to Lexus of Akron/Canton and worked with the internet salesman. Although I still have not pulled the trigger on an RX (I'm 24 which may not be the smartest investment), they were great to work with and I told them I would recommend them to anyone. I know they sell a lot of RX's to Pittsburghers. I don't know if you saw the Lexus commercial, but they are advertising a holiday special, which may be low financing. If anyone knows the details of this event related to an RX, I'd be interested in hearing. Good luck!
  • windy6windy6 Posts: 57
    About this time in '03 we started looking at the RX at our closest dealer (Austin TX, when I asked about the discount for "December to remember" sale he said that "about $1,000" was the most they discounted the RX.

We didn't buy unti the first day of February, but we did get $3500 off MSRP on a Premium Package. This past Sunday's paper had an ad for the dealership advertising $2500 off MSRP for all '05 RXs. I was suprised to see that were that up-front about that big a discount starting off.

Just passing this on to anyone in the central Texas area.
  • briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    Does anyone have any RX pricing in the Seattle area for this December promotion?
  • Which dealership in Il gave u that quote?. I was given a quote at Peoria for the same features including Destination charge for 41,400 +tax, license and title.
  • That sounds like a great deal. what was the total price you paid for the vehicle including Destination charge? What was the name of the internet rep?
  • Yesterday I finally closed the deal on my 05 AWD RX330.

2005 RX330 AWD
    Flint Mica (grey interior)
    Navigation
    Premium plus (included 6 CD changer)
    18" wheels
    Heated front seats w/rain sensor wipers,headlamp washers
    Preferred accessory pkg (cargo mats, wheel locks)
    Transmission cooler..

for the price of 40,750 +TTL , also I got a $500 certificate form the taste of luxury event I can use toward the purchase of the car.

Thank you all for the discussion thread so I was well informed on my negotiation with them.
  • Send me your email address and I will give you all the details. My address is located in my profile.
  • I paid cash for my RX, but the dealer kept trying to offer 3.65% APR. This is overrall a good rate (offered from Lexus), doubt you will find much better, Lexus won't be giving out any 0% or 1.9% financing.
  • You should be able to get it for at least $1100 over invoice. I have seen postings for '05 RX's for as little as $500 over invoice.

In 2003, I purchased my '04 RX330 in Northern Cal for $1100 over invoice when it was still a new model. It had an MSRP of $41,688, and I got it for $37,500 before TTL. The car was the same package as post #1654, minus the navigation.
This discussion has been closed.