Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• According to Edmunds TMV, a car configured like yours would cost $41,717 before taxes. I would say you are getting a very good deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer's name and more detailed info on additional options and tax/registration fees, so out of state people can get a better idea of how good your deal is? Here in SF, the sales tax is a whopping 8.5%! This translated to $3,630 in sales tax and registration fees for my RX330. In contrast, those lucky buckos in Oregon pay zero sales tax!
  • minyiminyi Posts: 27
    That doesn't sound right. That is the exact option I saw from one of the cars I saw in the dealer lot when I was looking for mine (one with Premium Plus pkg only). Check out lexus.com. I think they have 5 different "packages" they comes with. Or the dealership web sites sometimes have them too.
  • Sure, the dealer is Lexus of Carlsbad. I'm not sure what's the breakdown of different fees and taxes. I think the tax is the same 8.5% here in San Diego, and destination fee about $600? Not sure about other fees. But again, this is just a quote right now, and the sales said they don't have the car yet. So I'll see if they'd honor this when the car gets here and when I go there in person. But no sales tax in Oregon?! Do you think the dealers there raise their prices because there's no tax?
  • Jack: I'm in SCal too. Invoice price on your 330 is 35741 (this from dealer email near L.A.) This includes delivery fee. Add dealer profit, tx and title and relatively small admin fee from dealer (say $45) and you can compare value of your quote. That same dealer you mentioned above told me over email "I do not work from invoice". I replied, "Too bad." And, I thanked her for the email reply.

I'm guessing you can do much better if you probe Lexus dealers in Orange County and Los Angeles area via email.

I'm guessing you can get under $37K, plus tx,ttl & fee if you are patient and seek out many dealers for quote.
  • Jack: Additional info. for you:

Try email to: Lexus Mission Viejo and Longo Lexus. Ask for their best quote over invoice. Tell 'em when you want to buy, etc.

May be helpful.
  • Thanks buckeye. Btw, can you get invoice prices from the web? I tried edmunds, yahoo, and a few others and so far none showed invoices for the 2005 models and their options. I already put down a deposit over the phone to this dealer, and I wonder how hard it will be if I want to get out of it :(
  • eric2eric2 Posts: 14
    You can check the invoice price of 2005 model from carsdirect.com. The invoice price there is correct.
  • I haven't had luck getting invoice over Internet. My invoice number in reply to you came from a regional Lexus dealer via email price quote...so, in a sense, I'm merely taking his invoice number as valid, when, in fact, I've never seen an official Lexus invoice to prove the number.

I do think it's pretty darn close, if not the actual invoice on the 330, Prem.Plus to include dest.charge.

It's your money, so if you want out of the deal tell 'em you've changed your mind. They should refund deposit immediately. OTOH, if you are happy w/dealer....

Again, I'm guessing you can do much better with price if you go out a bit further with inquiries.

Good luck.
  • Lacks some of the "standard" dealer treatments here in SCal that I have received on email quotes. For example, the 330 Prem.Plus Pack. also includes hid lights and 18" wheels. So, the prices I revealed to Jack20 include these features, which appear to be "adds" in carsdirect.com.
  • Thanks buckeye. Btw, can you get invoice prices from the web? I tried edmunds, yahoo, and a few others and so far none showed invoices for the 2005 models and their options. I already put down a deposit over the phone to this dealer, and I wonder how hard it will be if I want to get out of it :(
  • BTW buckeye, did your quote included navigation system?
  • Jack20: No Nav.
  • Cars.com has the invoices for the 2005 Lexus RX330. I don't know what is taking edmunds.com so long to post.
  • 2005 Lexus RX 330
    Starting MSRP $35,775 – $37,175 Vehicle Style Selector

Starting MSRP Invoice*
     Front-wheel Drive Base $35,775 $31,659
     All-wheel Drive Base $37,175 $32,898
    Destination Charge: $625

RX 330 All-wheel Drive Base
    Option Groups MSRP/Invoice*
    Premium Package $2,145/$1,716
    Includes illuminated entry system.
       Leather Trim Interior
       Roof Rails w/Rack
       One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof
       Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel w/Memory

Premium Plus Package $2,960/$2,368
       Leather Trim Interior
       Roof Rails w/Rack
       High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
       Adaptive Front Lighting System

Towing Package $160/$128
       Large Radiator
       Towing Hitch
       Transmission Cooler
       Wiring Harness

Navigation System/Mark Levinson Audio Package $6,790/$5,464
    The standard compass located in the rearview mirror is relocated to the navigation screen. Includes voice activation.
       Bluetooth
       Rear View Camera
       Premium Plus Package
       Leather Trim Interior
       Roof Rails w/Rack
       Mark Levinson Audio System

Performance Package $4,675/$3,740
    Wheels: 18" Graphite Plated Aluminum Alloy
       Tires: 235/55R18 AS
       Premium Package
       Leather Trim Interior
       Roof Rails w/Rack
       Rain Sensing Wipers
       Air Suspension
       Sequential Automatic Transmission

Multi-Panel Moonroof Package $3,740/$2,992
       Multi-Panel Moonroof

Wheels MSRP/Invoice*
    Wheels: 18" Aluminum Alloy $215/$172
       Includes full size spare.
       Tires: 235/55R18 AS

Wheels: 18" Graphite Plated Aluminum Alloy See package
    Tires MSRP/Invoice*
    Tires: 235/55R18 AS See package
    Audio MSRP/Invoice*
    6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer $500/$375
    Other Options MSRP/Invoice*
    Leather Trim Interior See package

Dynamic Laser Cruise Control $600/$480

Roof Rails w/Rack $220/$176
    See package

Rear Seat Entertainment System $1,840/$1,472
    Includes a DVD player with 7" screen, 2 wireless headphones and a remote control.

Heated Front Seats w/RS $665/$532
    Rain Sensing Wipers
    Headlamp Washers

High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps $815/$652
    See package

Heated Front Seats $540/$432
    Headlamp Washers

Navigation System $2,350/$1,980
    See package
    The standard compass located in the rearview mirror is relocated to the navigation screen. Includes voice activation.
       Bluetooth
       Rear View Camera

Rain Sensing Wipers $125/$100
    See package
  • All 2005 invoices for all options are available
    at Kelly Blue book. www.kbb.com
    It sounds reasonable to me. Yet, it seems like it really depends on where you are. The MSRP seems to be roughly $5000 over invoice. Folks from CA and FL seems to have good competition, and heard some got just $500 over invoice. I got $1,200 over invoice in TX, which consider a pretty good esp. for 2005.

As long as you are firm with number you going to go for the trade-in, I don't think it matters if you do it same time, or do it after settling for the new car. In my case, both dealership checked out the trade-in first before even start any negotiation. I got $500 below the value from KBB trade-in value. I think they typically low ball on the trade-in and cut the price on the new car first. In my case, I showed them the kbb.com result on their own computer, and he eventually came close to that number, and I said, if this much for the trade-in and this much over invoice, you got a deal. He came back from his manager, and said yes.
    Yet, they come with some "additional" stuff, so to get the exact (invoice) price, need to go to lexus.com, and see what they have, and add those in too. The dealer told me ALL dealers in mid-west gets the cars that way. If this wasn't the way, I would have thrown away some of those "junks" and get something else.

http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/index.jsp?modelName=RX&mo- delCode=94

Pick FWD or AWD with ZIP code.

Then, do the math on kbb.com
  • Is where I put down deposit today on '05 RX330, fwd, prem.plus package w/2nd "options" (see Lexus.com prices and packages), which at retail $3809, includes 18" wheels, 6 CD changer, hid hdlights.

MSRP: $40257

Final Price: $36141

Multiply this by 9.25% (roughly) and add to final price: Total w/tx,ttl,doc fee: $39286

No trade, cash deal.

If interested address email to "Internet Sales Manager"
  • Magnussen quoted me $500 over invoice which I thought was very good. I used the fleet/internet salesman. When we purchased (February) we got one of the standard packages of AWD, Luxury Plus package, Nav system, etc. Lexus only packages the cars in certain configurations according to what the dealer associations want is what they told me, can we say "antitrust" here.
  • I drove my '05 FWD 330 off the lot Tuesday night, after a 3 week wait, and according to my paperwork it was made in Japan. Do you have any idea if there is any difference/changes between the 2 plants?
This discussion has been closed.