Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jwdfwjwdfw Posts: 7
    I disagree, based on what I've seen on this forum. A waste of time would be to go to the dealership to negociate price, when it can be done over the phone and via emails. I'd rather go there just to sign the papers and pick up the car. :) Now she tells me that the discrepancy is the advertising fee. $450. This was not disclosed at first, just after many emails about the difference... Anybody paying base price + advertising fee + dealership profit ($$$ over invoice)? Or is this just a gimmick to increase the dealership profit?
    Thanks!
  • jgghjggh Posts: 9
    What is the lowest price you have got so far? I am looking for the RX330 in Houston area too.
  • There is no better way to negotiate than in person, emails are fine for the initial, but to negociate back and forth over email........... why would a salsperson give there best price to a unknown person in an email?

The question is how serious you are about the car? Just think about it!
  • Being an application developer, technology is my life, so I'm all for email, BUT email is a communication tool, not a negociation tool!

:) :) :)
    Invoice + 450 (advertising fee) + $500 over invoice. In another words, invoice + $950. Not good enough. Might just wait for the 2006...
  • So what is holding you back $450?

I just purchased a 2005 RX330 and was not charged an advertising fee. Visit the dealership and you will probably get the numbers you want.

Also, waiting for a 2006, you wont get the deep discounts you are getting now until maybe after the Christmas holidays, when car sales really are low, since people have no money after the holidays.
  • idmidm Posts: 7
    How does this sound? Premium Plus, Preferred performance, heated seats and rain-sensing wipers, NAV and DVD entertainment system for $41,800? I'm thinking of buying.
  • There is nothing to think about if that is an AWD vechicle........... what is the MSRP on this car?
  • mikenjmikenj Posts: 25
    What is GOlden Opportunity Event? Is there a special APR offered? IF there is can someone let me know what it is and what is the APR people are getting these days on RX330 with goor credit rating?
    May I have the detail of your car and the price you paid?
    Thanks.
    Yes, it's an AWD. When I go to the Lexus website and build the car, the MSRP is without DVD entertainment system is $45,225 and I will be getting it with the rear seat DVD.
    Oops, I made a mistake. I posted that the car has a "preferred performance package" and it does not. It has a "preferred accesory package." Big difference. I need to read things more closely.

So I am looking at AWD, Premium Plus, NAV & DVD for $41,800.
    Re: the "golden opportunity event"

When I went to a local Lexus dealership I asked about that. "Is there some kind of special promotion? I see the banner outside says Golden Opportunity" and the salesman said "Nah. There's nothing. Just a way to get people into the showroom."
  • karenakarena Posts: 6
    haha... I figured as much.
  • lexyfanlexyfan Posts: 13
    The best price i got so far is $36600 for premium plus with heated seat and headlight wiprers, i am stuck not buying because dealer don't have any color available except black , they say more colors arriving soon don' know when? HOUSTONCPA got good price for the same package. He paid 36300 but strling mccall wants his details :cry: to confirm that sell transaction and match that price to me.

I hope this helps for people looking car in texas.
    That really help. Thanks. Which dealer offered $36,600 to you?
    Just signed the deal for 2005 AWD Thundercloud with Nav. Has Prem Plus, CD changer, Heated Seats w/RS, accessory package, Towing pkg, incl destination

$40,200 plus tax and fees

What do you think?
    That's excellent, $300 below invoice ($40,509). Would you tell us where you got this deal?
  • Mike,

Excellent news and great price............. must be a dealer from the tristate area because there are great prices out there if you negociate well.
  • krtskrts Posts: 2
    I'm looking to get new Lexus RX300. Since I park on the streen I'm consurned abot the lights theft. Does RX300 comes with regular lights instead of HID?
  • krtskrts Posts: 2
    I'm looking to get new Lexus RX330 AWD, since i park on the street i'm worrying about lights theft. Does RX330 comes with the regular lights instead of HID?
  • We paid $37950 for 05 RX 330 FWD with Premium Plus Package with Additional Options. it has:

Premium Plus Package with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) with High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Roof rails/roof rack. Also includes: Leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column with memory, Illuminated entry system and Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade.
    Additional Options:
    - Thundercloud Edition Package includes exclusive new five-spoke alloy wheels with contrasting ring, new horizontal front-grille design and exclusive Thundercloud Edition badging on front doors and floor mats.
    - Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers and headlamp washers)
    - Six-disc CD changer
    - 18-in alloy wheels (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    - Towing prep package
    - Wheel locks
    - Cargo mat

I am new to this forum. Am I paying too much for this car?
    What do you mean by FWD? Thundercloud only comes in AWD
    You are absolutely right, Ray Catena in Oakhurst, no hassle, just know your price, everything done over the phone and the net. 4.1 APR. I love this car.
  • aaatttaaattt Posts: 22
    I am back ! long time no see ! :)

Everybody talk about the price but no one put the standard.
    That will confuse the people. :confuse:
    As my experience in So California. The following is my opinion.

There is a factory invoice price which u can search in Edmunds, Yahoo, MSN auto etc.....

The other is the dealer invoice price that is above factory price add 4-5 hundred dollar for local ad expense, dealer holderback etc...... normally the dealer sales will give the customer this price ! :P

The report card: (Dealer Invoice Price =DIP)

C deal : above DIP + $500.
    B deal : between DIP to DIP+$500
    A deal : at DIP
    A+ deal : DIP to DIP minus $500
    Super deal : below DIP minus $500

That is my feed back. because before I bought my car. I get a lot information from The Edmunds Lexus board.

As my car has 1200 miles on the meter now . I will talk about the noise & hesitate problem in Lexus RX 330 Board.
  • I just finished negotiating a price of 38,600 for an 05 AWD with the Premium Plus Pkg ( So it has the heated seats RS wipers etc...) - I nixed the NAV and the DVD - not necessary for me.

I can't really tell if this is a good price for the Tri-State area in NY.

Any input, or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  • I was asking a local dealer about the discount associated with my company. The sales person said that the deal is 3% over dealer invoice.

Is it correct that this is not a good deal? Thanks.
  • aaatttaaattt Posts: 22
    See Post 2251, 2258
  • katepkatep Posts: 5
    We just negotiated $38,500 in PA for the same car but they can't find the color I want so we are stuck waiting - possibly until Sept. Oh well - I think the price is OK - probably not the best but OK.

Kate
  • What's the cost to swap out the 18 inch wheels to the 18 inch graphite wheels, without purchasing the performance package?
This discussion has been closed.