Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi all,

Here's the skinny on a purchase I made on Friday night (3/24/06). :)
    Your feedback on the deal I struck is welcome.... :D

Vehicle details:
    2006 Lexus RX-330
    - Breakwater Blue / Gray
    - Premium Plus Pkg. (Leather, sunroof, HID, washers, etc..)
    - Rain Sensing Wipers
    - Heated Seats (a MUST in FL, LOL...)
    - 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer
    - 18" Alloy Wheels
    - Towing Prep PKG.
    - Pref. Acces Pkg. (Cargo mat & wheel locks)

Lease Details:
    $42,008 MSRP
    3 year (36 month) with 15k miles / year
    Net cap cost = $37,800.
    Residual = .54
    Money Factor = .00109
    $1000 Out-of-pocket
    $505 /mo. (tax in)

I think this is a pretty good deal....your comments will tell the tail.....

thanks
    S-FLA-Car_Guy
  • chiloverchilover Posts: 1
    I have been conducting research on SUVs in the last couple of months. I have looked at the Pilot, FX35, Murano, RX 330 and will be looking at the Saab and MDX this weekend. I think I'm suffering from analysis paralysis. I have read all the discussions about these vehicles and it does not seem that there is one that stands out. They all seem to have problems. I liked the Murano (except for the plastic, but after reading the repeated problems, I decided not to go for it. I very much like the RX330 (interior luxury is important to me), but it too has a lot issue reported.

I'm willing to spend up to 40K. Is this not enough to get a nice SUV with few reported issues? It certainly sounds like.

Your feedback is appreciated. :confuse:
  • hbc75hbc75 Posts: 36
    I was offered on a 2007 RX350 AWD with Nav an Prem. Plus pkg, $2083 off list of $46583.00. That would bring the vehicle to $44,500. That still seems to steep for me :mad: . Of course there is a $250 administration fee too. I am not sure this is good. Any ideas on what I should be paying? A quick response is appreciated. :confuse: I remember someone posting an equation of taking the sticker and multiplying by .89, is that something someone can verify. Location is in Northern New England.
  • I'm in Richmond VA and purchased the RX350 '07 AWD with

PT Premium Plus Package
    NV Navigation System
    HH Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers
    FT 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    TO Towing Prep Package
    Wheel Locks
    Cargo Mat

MSRP $46583
    Paid $43633
    Discount $2950
    Percent 6.34% off MSRP

I called dealers from MD to NC and 3 would not take anything less than sticker, 1 never replied to my request (Lexus of Richmond), 1 said $2083 off MSRP and the 1 I purchased from Pohanka Lexus of Chantilly.
    I think I made a Fair deal not a great deal but fair. If I wanted to wait a couple more months I might have gotten more off. Being from SoCal it was always easier to get bigger discounts.

I looked at the RX330 '06 but could not justify paying above invoice (couple 100 over) for a 1 year old car and the dealers would just laugh when I said I want it for below invoice. The RX350 Nav was what sold me.

The deal was made over the phone and drove 2 hours to Pohanka Lexus of Chantilly they were extremely helpful, polite, and never tried any funny stuff. Spent about 30 min doing paper work and about 45 min going over the RX. Crap there is a lot of stuff!!!
    Total time spent 2 hours w/ 20 min just test driving the RX.

All I can say about the RX '07 is Perfection
    Thank you. The package and MSRP was the same on the one I drove here $46,853. I was told by dealer #1 the same discount $2083 (bringing it to $44,770). Dealer #2 gave me a price of $44,500, but I still feel that is not a deep enough discount. :confuse: I am in no rush to purchase, so maybe waiting a few months is a good thing. There is definite differences in the new engine - smoother shifting, the power is noticeable on quick take offs, and the handle seems a little more refined on turns. Now the important question evansaero, what color did you get? I like the Flint Mica w/ light grey leather. :D
  • breldbreld Posts: 1,340
    My mother-in-law is looking to upgrade her 1999 RX300 to a new RX330, to take advantage of the aggressive pricing on the 2006 models.

I got an e-mail "advertisement" from a local dealer, stating $5,700 off new 06 RX330's. I called to get the details, and this applies to fairly loaded models with navigation, with an MSRP of about $45,700, so the pricing would be right at $40k.

I'm generally skeptical about any "advertised" price, figuring that they must have more room than what they "throw" out there, but this seems like such a good deal, I'm thinking I would just as soon not negotiate any further, assuming the trade-in on her RX300 is fair.

Any thoughts on that pricing?

2011 BMW 535xi - 2015 GTI - 2008 A3 - 2009 Ody

• Now the important question evansaero, what color did you get? I like the Flint Mica w/ light grey leather.

I went with the Neptune Blue Mica w/ light gray. Exterior looks black at night and black in the shade.

I liked the Bamboo Pearl,Flint, and Silver. The blue was the one my wife wanted. She also wanted Green and they are not building the RX w/ Green until late summer (per Dealer).

As far as the interior colors go we really like the Ivory but I just hated the yellow tint wood. The Light Gray has the darker wood and looks real sharp.
  • That looks to be right at invoice...
    39995 is what I came up on invoice.
    Remember dealer has a hold back of ($727 FWD) and ($755 AWD)

As far as pricing thoughts it really depends on where you live.

There are some posts that indicate that Southern Cali is selling RX330 '06 for 1500 below invoice.

Out on the east coast I found that the dealers would not go below invoice. Being that it is a '06 year car with 20 miles on it still makes it a 1 year old car.

I looked at it this way

RX330 $5700 off
    RX350 $2950 off
    Diff $2750 more for the RX350

I will get half that back when I go to trade it in
    So really It only cost me 1375 for a '07 RX350 with increased performance,Gen 5 NAV (upgraded), better Insulation, and to top it off 5.3% increase in MPG for the city.

If the mother-in-law wants the RX330 do everything to get below invoice.

Just My Personal opinion...
  • breldbreld Posts: 1,340
    Thanks for the response.

We're in Denver, so I believe the more aggressive deals seen in Cali and perhaps Texas are better than here.

So, I was pretty happy with the "invoice" deal, and I'm aware of the holdback but, frankly, I'm not too concerned about "allowing" them to keep that. More power to you if you "dip" into that.

BTW, the "5.3%" increase in MPG for the RX350 sounds better than saying 1 MPG. ;)

2011 BMW 535xi - 2015 GTI - 2008 A3 - 2009 Ody

• dardson1dardson1 Posts: 696
    We traded our 04 RX a little over a month ago. We negotiated an 06 to $900 over invoice over a few days (about as good as I can do living where the nearest Lexus dealer is 100+ miles away). The very day I was about to pull the trigger, 4 new 350's rolled in. Since I trade often, thought it would make sense to get an 07 with 18months of new car life. The dealer offered the 07 for $1400 more ( same options on both). Whether I got a nice deal or not, I figured I'd get all or most of the $1400 back in 2 years.
    Gotta say this 07 looks just like our 04. My wife is the Lexus driver. I always thought her 04 felt like a very pleasant and luxurious but rebadged Toyota. . . a little too loud, buzzy, and harsh for a Lexus. Gotta also say the 07 feels like a Lexus. The additional power is certainly quicker, but what it really does is add to the luxury feel. It's got a quiet authority her old one did not. They've nailed this car. It is quiet and smooth as "butta". God is in he details. Lexus seems to understand that. :)
  • I test drove RX 330/350/400h several weeks ago. I personally think the suspension, steering wheel handling, and performance for both 350 and 400h are very close. 330 is a little bit soft to me.
  • moose24moose24 Posts: 7
    I also have analysis paralysis. I can't find a New 2WD RX 330/350 anywhere within 400 miles of Wash. DC. I was told from Len Stoler Lexus near Baltimore I can order an 2007 RX 350 2WD with Premium Pkg & Heated Seats for $37,980, or $2800 off MSRP. Sounds like this is a good deal from what I am seeing on these posts for an '07 RX 350.
  • kooliokoolio Posts: 10
    Lexus of Cerritos quoted $40,875 + license tax for RX 350 with Prem Plus and Nav system. Is that a good price?
  • mcrestonmcreston Posts: 6
    man, thats a pretty nice deal. i wish the dealers in dallas would move like that (hear that dealers, email me and you've got a deal)
  • is95ausis95aus Posts: 2
    Just purchased an AWD RX350 w/Premium Plus and Nav for $42230 from Lexus of Rockville. Beautiful car! Glad to be part of the club! :)
  • excarexcar Posts: 2
    Is it AWD or FWD? I got an offer $40,037 for RX 350 W/prem plus.
    Is yours AWD or FWD at $40K? I can't get below 44,500 here in New England for a 350 AWD prem plus/nav package (I've priced 3 states - MA, ME, NH) :sick: . Are they afraid to discount the new vehicles, they have already depleted their 330 stock :cry:
  • excarexcar Posts: 2
    it was AWD w/prem plus, no nav pack. I'm in NJ.
  • I paid 42,300 for AWD with Nav on a RX 350 2007
  • kdowdkdowd Posts: 1
    Can anyone help? I am looking for a RX330,premium package with navigation . I am willing to travel in Florida. Anyone have experience with JMLexus ? I hope not to finance and figure that will that help ? I am willing to travel in Florida. Thanks in advance for any recent experience and pricing .
  • barkleybarkley Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased the upgraded stereo system and if so, is it worth it? Where I am located, Northern VA, the packages available doesn't include that option.
    Just Looking3, where are you located? Which dealershipe did you get that price at?
  • I am in Philadelphia, PA and three dealerships that I went to all agreed to give me the vehicle for 42,300. I also had a trade in but they did not know that in the beginning. That is still $1,000 over invoice. I used AAA to find me the lowest price quote in the area and they quoted me 43,300. Then I talked to Prestige Lexus in NY. Prestige started at 43,300 and then started to drop 42,800, and then 42,300. I was willing to drive the 2 hours if local dealers didn't come down but they all did. I finally decided to use Thompson Lexus in Doylestown because they were the easiest to deal with and they immediately met my price request. Do your research and then let them know you are going to buy from the dealership that gives you the best price! I think we both got a fair deal. I probably could've gotten them lower but it gets exhausting after a while! I chose black exterior and the light gray interior. I am picking it up on Friday. Hope that helps.
  • excar, what dealership in NJ was it? i am planning on buying a rx350 this weekend. please reply. thanks!
  • divaranidivarani Posts: 6
    justlooking3, did you get the quote over the phone from Prestige? Was it the Prestige in Ramsey or Westchester? Ramsey told me $43983 over the phone for RX 350 AWD w/ Nav. And I've bought from them before. I wonder if the AAA makes a diff
  • i just got off the phone with the Ray Catena, NJ dealership. they offered me $42,300 + TTL on RX350. Total came to $45,564. He added some $300 fees (doc fees, credit inquiry, online registration, etc) which I plan on negotiating. Is $45,200 good after TTL? Will appreciate a reply.
  • Update - FYI:
    Spoke with Ray Catena and Prestige (NY-NJ) again, and they quoted $41,800 + TTL = $44,785 on road.
  • lpanllpanl Posts: 2
    The same dealer quoted me
    $41,800 for 2007 RX350:

The vehicle that I quoted is as follows;
    AWD RX350 2007 with these packages:
    - FT 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    - HH Heated seats with rain sensing wipers
    - NV Navigation System with rear Camera
    - PT Premium plus package
    - TO Tow package
    - C1 & WL, accessory

I assume this includes the 11 speaker
    Mark Levinson (we have been only exchanging
    emails so I did not get a chance to ask).

And he mentioned the Lexus rear-seat entertainment
    system with 7' screen is about $1,600 (additional).

Did he quote me $1,000 more (compared to yours)?

-lepa
  • lpanllpanl Posts: 2
    Hi koolio:

May I ask if you have bought it from Lexus Cerritos
    at the price they quoted you? How was the experience
    dealing with them?

Thanks,

-lpanl
  • divaranidivarani Posts: 6
    Bought rx 350 AWD w/ NAV for $41,400 plus TTL.

Many thanks to all on this forum as it helped a great deal.
This discussion has been closed.