Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus RX 330 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• These postings here helped me so much that I thought I would share my buying experience.

I used edmunds and got responses immediately. Talked to a dealer and he quoted me $600 off of invoice (invoice was $37,900) for taking one off of his lot. 2 other dealers quoted me $500 bucks off of invoice. I ultimately went for the $500 dollars off cuz it was on my way home and they had the color that i wanted (which was sold that day so I had to settle for another color).

Ultimately, I bought a 2005 RX330 w/ Premium Plus and Navigation, with tax (8.25%), title, license, for just under $41,000. It really helped using edmunds and waiting till the last week of March to buy it, they all were giving me this deal because it was end of the month and as one dealer put it "anything goes".

Hope this helps...
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    This is incredible!!!! I've been recently and reluctantly cross shopping an SUV. Murano, X3, Toureg, etc. I contacted Lexus of Westport. They did not email, simply called and called and (you get the point). Finally I emailed back and stated provide the details!. After more calls, and messages on the answering machine I told the salesmen to go away. He finally provided the numbers, just the monthly payment and lease term nothing else. I got the same exact price quote as you did. I've purchased/leased from both McDermott and Lexus of Westport several times. Either a change in management, ownership or overall philosophy has recently occurred. They used to actually beat other local dealerships prices hands down.

The only reason I came across this post was due to me accidentally deleting a detailed quote for another dealership. I figured I'd grab a similar one from here. Didn't take long to reach this post and I Couldn't resist the reply.
  • Can you put some details (AWD or FWD) and complete package details..also the dealer name, city...that info please
  • Johnson lexus in Raleigh, NC
  • legendmanlegendman Posts: 362
    I am looking for a hard to find color, with a fully loaded option package in the 2005 RX 330. I live in Southern California. I will buy FWD or AWD. Any suggestions as to how best to (1) find the car; and (2) get a below invoice deal ... all without having to wait 4-8 weeks? I am willing to travel a little in order to get the car sooner rather than later.

Suggestions?
    What are the general impressions of how the 2005 RX 330 drives? I have driven a 1999 RX and 2003 RX 300 by way of comparison. The 2005 RX seems a little "looser" up front; not as taut and connected as the older models.

Will an AWD give better cornering on dry pavement or will it only "shine" during inclement weather? Also, should one believe Lexus' claims of only one (1) mile per gallon difference penalty when comparing AWD fuel economy to FWD?

Do tires makes much difference in handling characteristics? My folks have Michelin Cross Terrains on their 1999 RX and they made a huge improvement over the former Goodyear Integrity rubber.

Any thoughts from current owners or recent test drivers would be appreciated.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Hi legendman,
    We try to keep this topic reserved for talking about pricing and stories about shopping experiences. If you could post your question in our regular Lexus RX 330 discussion, you'll get feedback from those who currently own the vehicle, and it will help us keep this topic clutter-free for shoppers. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• swiftmswiftm Posts: 68
    I recently purchased RX 330, thundercloud, AWD with premium package, nav, 18" wheel and lock, trunk mat, all options except DVD and air suspension(under sport package).
    Invoice $40868
    cost $400
    total $41268 plus TTL
    Lexus of Cerritos in So.Cal.
    Hints: Base on 7 Lexus in 14 years, speaks or email to fleet or internet manager only, do your home work and asked for invoice printout and compare your prices, agreed pricing before enter the dealership, have them fax or email the detail sticker listing with the choosing car number, be firm and prepare to walk out if anyone use "bate & switch" tactic, dealers like you to finance the car and no need to mention until you lock in the deal, sell your own car and no trade in. For a celebration, have the new car deliver to your home. I know I can't mention my email address, my handle here is swiftm001 and I am on yahoo.com. Hope this help and good luck. swiftm001
    Excellent Advice, Swifty. Thanks.

Yes, I am shopping on line only now and it makes a huge difference. The Internet/Fleet managers seem to just cut to the chase and give you a bottom line number. When pressed for a little more off they often will do it. Several will sell well below invoice ($200-$500) while others will add ($200-400) over invoice. MSRP is a joke unless you buy the first few weeks a car is out.
  • Hi rxbuyersc - Can you please put some details here.Like AWD/FWD, DVD,NAV/RSE.....also the invoice price, dealer name, city...that kind of details. The deal that i got was 200 over the invoice and i have to wait 3 weeks for the AWD+DVD+NAV ( plus all the other stuff like pr.+package, heated seats, leather...silver color). It will definitly help us
  • jhs4jhs4 Posts: 3
    Autosolution.com was not a valid site ... do you have their website name. Also, how does one reach the Riverside Internet Sales team? THANKS ...
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    Please don't ask other members for contact information. Name of dealership, city, and state is all we allow. If you're looking for the dealership website and you know the dealership name, you should be able to find it using many popular Internet search engines.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    I looks like my reply to you was deleted, so if you still need the info you can email me. My email address is in my Edmunds profile.
    I have narrowed my buying choice to the new 2005 RX330 in White. Have been quoted $41,601 for the AWD "full spec" (fully loaded) and $40,416 for the FWD "full spec"(fully loaded). I am told that these prices are several hundred below invoice; $500 below on the FWD, for example.

Anyone have some input on whether I can do much better here in Southern California? Am I leaving significant dollars on the table at these prices?

Thanks in advance.
  • Hi legendman:
    I'm feeling it's good deal. If you get something below invoice ( 1 dollar or 500 dollar ) it's a great deal.I know dealers adding 1 or 2 thousand above invoice and folks still buying......Can you put the dealer name please ?
  • ronironi Posts: 14
    has any one had any good deal in seattle on rx 330 and what the scoop for 400 avilability was looking for GX intially but after reading all the vibration problems wit GX will look into RX 330 if any one has recent purchase in seattle .will appreciate input .also should i wait till end of month when 400 are in and may impact prices on 330
  • briegelbriegel Posts: 139
    I'm in Redmond, but had to go to Southern California (Lexus of Riverside) to get a good price on mine at the end of December. There might be better deals around here now.
    I closed the deal today in Southern California on my new 2005 RX 330 AWD, with Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package, Heated Front Seats, 18" Alloy Wheels and Tires, Bluetooth w/voice activation and Tow package. Price paid for the car was $41,600. Tax, license, & doc prep fee were on top of that. So, I got $6,300 off of the sticker and paid $571 below invoice. Lexus Santa Monica.

In the end I had four dealers ready to sell me this car: two at $41,200 and two (very reluctantly and after a lot of haggling -- due to the marginal profit) at $41,600. I opted for the slightly more expensive car because 1) it was the only one made in Japan, as compared to the others which were made in Canada; 2) my new car had only 10 miles on the odometer,while two of the others had 46 and 59 miles already on them already -- I prefer a car that 8 people have NOT already test driven and done God knows what with it; 3) the car was just a few days off the truck, flawless, the dealer was closest to me, and I liked the Internet guy ... although frankly they were all a pleasure to do business with.

Using the Internet Manager/Fleet Manager is definitely the way to go, IMHO. I used the Edmunds Price Quote system for my initial contact with some of the local dealers, and also used the Consumer Reports New Car Buying Guide.
  • The monthly payment is not the only thing to look at when trying to see if you got a good lease. What state are you in? What is the residual value? What is the gross capitalized cost (negotiated price of car)? What is the money factor (this is related to the interest rate)? How many months is your lease?

Regards,
    D
  • gpg429gpg429 Posts: 4
    I live near Tacoma and recently purchased my RX in So California (South Bay Lexus). I dealt with Lexus of Tacoma and Lexus of Seattle and found that they had little appetite for price negotiation even after they found out what I was paying from South Bay.
This discussion has been closed.