Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H3

Comments

• nissan350znissan350z Posts: 81
    Well I did buy the H3 and got the remote starter for $500. I paid 31000 OTD for a base with a few add on. I also got the 0.0 over 5 years too with the suppliers discount too. It bright yellow!
  • bummerh3bummerh3 Posts: 3
    my a/c on my 2006 H3.... on a hot day when my a/c is running it appears that "smoke" is coming out of my vents. it looks like a white foggy substance. anyone else having this problem? also have had a few issues with messages coming up like "stab system failed" "service 4WD" and then I take it to dealer and they find nothing wrong! any coments would be appreciated....I am in NY (long island).
    thanks!
    Tracy
  • pep1pep1 Posts: 4
    I've had the 'smoke' coming out of my vents on previous vehicles. It was explained to me that it was water vapor fro extreme humidity. I only noticed it when I had my A/C on max!
  • bosshoss1bosshoss1 Posts: 18
    Try using search. Post 816 if I recall correctly has some info.

Still 1 left this month

Paul
  • dowen21dowen21 Posts: 4
    Hey gang,
    I am new here and haven't through the archives, so I apologize if this question has come up already.
    I own an '06 H3, bright yellow, every option gorgeous mini-beast, so far I have loved it. That is until I was driving it to work last week and as I got to speed on the highway a faint "hum" started in the area of the cab-lights. As I sped up, the hum turned into a roar. I opened the sun roof and was able to feel the plastic casing or bar across the top that the lights are attached to. That bar was vibrating like heck. The noise alone was enough to drive me crazy, so it was the service road for me all the way to work....15 miles at 45 MPH...arghhh.
    Anyway, I took it to the local Chevrolet Dealership, (Waco doesn't have a Hummer dealer) and after a few hours of them looking at it they called and told me that they couldn't fix it. They said that Hummer is supposed to come out with a fix "in the 3rd or 4th quarter of the year"...until then they told me to "deal with it". When I went to pick up my vehicle, I went over the guys desk that had worked on it and told him that I didn't think it was right that I have a 35 thousand dollar vehicle that I can't drive on the highway, and he just wants me to "deal with it". He was very apologetic, but entirely unhelpful. He just repeated that since it was not a safety issue, I would have to put up with the noise until GM decides to fix it.

Have any of you guys had this problem also?
    I am just curious.
    I really love my truck and I have always been a "GM guy", but this little episode has me boiling.
    Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks,
    DOwen.
  • h3shopperh3shopper Posts: 11
    Deal with it? The next sound that guy should be hearing is "repeat, that's a whopper with cheese" because he should working at Burger King rather than on your car. I would suggest calling Hummer Customer Service and opening up a ticket on this issue. Ask them to escalate the call. I'd imagine that they should have a field engineer or similar to handle this type of complaint. Sounds like a potential safety issue too. Perhaps NHSTA will help get you some attention -- but start with Hummer Cust. Serv. first. I just had a small issue and they resolved it very quickly.

Good luck. ;)
    Hey thanks bud,
    I will contact the corporate heads tomorrow. After being given the "deal with it" line of BS I kinda figured my next option would be dealing directly with Hummer. I hate it that it looks like I will have to raise holy hell with Hummer. It shouldn't be that way, but it is maddening beyond belief to spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle that I can't even drive down a highway.

Thanks again bud,
    DOwen.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Posts: 1,739
    Remember sugar gets you more than vinigar. Go in with a cool calm collected voice. It helps if you write down what you want to say and what youexpect from them. Explain that you spent a lot of money and you don't feel that you have to just deal with it. By any chance does the roof lights move forward and back on a track. I know on my trailblazer with sunroof I had to adjust the roof rack bars to get it so there wasn't that same kind of noise.
    Hey, thanks for the reply.
    No, the cab lights are fixed in place.
    I spoke to a Hummer dealership in Dallas earlier, and he told me that Hummer is not even offering the cab light option any more, because of this problem. That gives me hope that Hummer is acknowledging the problem at least...
    Thanks again,
    DOwen.
  • i have the H3 with the 6 disk in dash monsoon radio system, i want to add my xm subscription to the radio so i dont have the ugly external unit on my dash, i was told at the dealer that all they had to do was pull the radio and add a chip to it in order for me to have xm as an option when i press the band button, the problem was that they want $400 for this chip, does anyone know where i can get this "chip" or how i can override the radio to recieve xm?
  • I am really close to buying an all black H3.
    I drive a lot so its a hard decision, but they look so awesome...
    I was priced the following at $33,695 ..minus.. $1500 ..
    '06 HUMMER H3. Base Equipment Package. Automatic Transmission W/Stabilitrak Stability Control, Trailer Hitch, Carpeted Floormats, Cargo Area Floormat, Moonsoon Stereo, Tubular Assist Steps, XM Satellite Radio. Black with Ebony Cloth Interior.

Can anyone help me out on how to get more off this vechile? should i expect more off than $1500 (they have a lot of black 06's on their lot) ...

I know 0% is nice.. but i want as much off the sticker too.. (obviously)
    (a)... can anyone use that supplier discount? is it legal for me to find one and use it? What other discounts can i get?
    (b) I drive a honda is there a competitor discount honda-to-gm?
    (c) How much can i demand off sticker? most GM models can go for sticker right (these days)?
    (d) Is the MSRP they have quoted too much for a base model?

any help??
    Thanks a ton!!
    ryan
    I bought my H3 used, with 9000 miles on it, for $27,500.
    It is not the base model though. Mine has the sunroof, leather, all the chrome doo-dads and 2 DVD players and screens. Personally, I feel that $33,900 for the base model is a bit high...but mine was used...
    Before I bought mine I looked around quite a bit and discovered a huge price difference between dealers. One guy had a base model H3 with 4500 miles on it, and he wanted $34,900. The dealer across the street had a base model H3 also, he was asking $29,900 for it, and it had 5000 miles. The next dealer I went to, about 50 miles away, had the one I bought, and we started haggling at $32,900.
    I guess the moral is, shop around..lol.
    Personally I would tell them you will wait for an 07 as it has the more powerful engine. No way would I even think about the 06 with this big upgrade just around the corner. As much as I like the H3 I am the current owner of a 04 Trailblazer and for the same amount of money you can do a whole lot better on a Trailblazer. Outside of looks there is a heck of a lot more meat to a Trailblazer than the H3. So unless you just have to have the H3 at least wait for the 07 as the engine alone is worth it but if you can live without the H3 you will like the Trailblazer a whole lot more. At least test drive one.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,776
    News to me; here's a $49 chip from a year old blurb. Surprised to hear that all these devices have a socket to accept the chip but if your radio is XM ready, then this much be the ticket.

Try asking in the XM & Sirius Satellite Radio discussion too.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• anyone else have more info in regards to 1040?

yeah i test drove one... but with 0% and money off.. im leaning towards the 2006... the 2007 would be way too much...

with so many still on dealer lots do you expect more than 0% for 5 years??

----
    also you can't really care about it now.. but a used one will bring along an interest rate.. meaning now you can get new ones cheaper than used ones (from what i checked out)
  • turboxs is making a turbokit for the H3. I cant wait!!
  • morey000morey000 Posts: 322
    Tracy,

the 'smoke' isn't smoke, but really 'fog'. The cold air from the AC hits the warmer, moist air in the car and causes the water vapor in the car to condense. This is normal, and actually shows that the AC in the H3 can cool the air to well below the dew point. Nothing wrong with your AC, in fact, it's an indication of it working pretty well.

It's sort of a neat effect. enjoy it :)
    brings back my first ride in a plane in the 60's. Plane going down runway to takeoff and all this smoke rising up off the floor. Scared the you know what out of me
    Please visit the new Hummer H3 GMID discussion for questions and help with the GM in the Driveway promotion.

Here's the link:

Hummer H3 GMID

H2 buyers welcome too. :shades:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• When I try to select a 2006 H3 from the family frist site to see what the GMID price will be, it only has the H2 SUT available. However I've read earlier posts that people have used the H3 under 2006 vehicles. Wanted to see if anybody could help. I was trying to figure out what I would pay for the specific model I wanted. Or is the GMID cert. still honored by dealers or have they expired??
  • Can anyone provide me a GMID cert please? My Birthdate is 10/16/77 . Please email me for the 4digits of SSN
  • Hi Paul,

How are you.
    Can you provide me a GMID cert please? My Birthdate is 10/16/77 . Please email me for the 4digits of SSN?

Thanks
    You'll need to make your email address public in your Forums Profile if you want someone to be able to contact you.

• jriddyjriddy Posts: 7
    Wow, lots of good info in these forums, I think I've read nearly every email thread since July 26, 2005.

I'm in Dallas/Ft.Worth, looking to buy an '06 H3, see lots of requests online for the GMID certificate, not even going to fight for one of those.

I've emailed the three Hummer dealerships in this area, two have responded, one got a little snotty with me via email. They're upset that I ask so many questions via email instead of stopping in, but it's just how I buy cars, bought '05 vette Feb. '05 the exact same way.

What are most of you paying to own an '06 H3, I want to compare with what I've been quoted. thanks.
  • jriddyjriddy Posts: 7
    any estimated performance for this upgrade? idea on price? i've seen superchargers, but they are almost $5k! i would like to purchase the '07 H3 vs. the '06 H3 for the increase power output, but at a difference on price of over $4k, it is hardle worth the 22hp gain, lol dealerships are dealing right now on the '06 models. i will be purchasing a luxury model for $200 over invoice and 0% for 60mos, not too bad, in my opinion.
  • humna2nhumna2n Posts: 1
    I am a proud and happy owner of a new H3 that's about 4 months old. I was a little disappointed in the gas mileage thou. I just had to learn to drive with a lighter foot to get reasonable gas mileage. Now, I baby it. But the weirdest thing happened the other day. So, I thought I might post it thinking that someone else might possibly had something similiar happen.

I was driving down the freeway when the back passenger window directly behind me shattered and imploded inwards. At first I thought it was a bullet. But there was no bullet to be found. I then thought it was a rock, and again no evidence. Even the glass company that replaced the glass thought I wasn't being truthful cause it was such an unlikely scenario.

The only thing I can conclude is that it was a rock that deflected off the window at just the right spot (and speed)to cause it to shatter. Now I'm a little nervous. Thank God it wasn't the driver's side window. Any thought by anyone would be greatly appreciated.
    I worked at a GM plant for many years and I can remember coming to work on a Monday morning more than once when most lights in the assembly area were still off and walking down the all quiet line and all of a sudden, boom, a window in one of the cars on the line would explode. Scared the you know what out of me. So yes it's possible but have never heard of a side window going out. It was always a front/back one due to stress from a screw or something in the wrong position. Really shouldn't be any stress on a side window.
    Saw an 07 H3X today. Pretty sharp and also almost 43K with nav. 37995 I believe plus options. Big thing I liked was the seats. Custom stitching and looked more lux. than standard leather.
  • The better half and I just traded in a Limited CRD for an H3 at Classic Hummer in Grapevine. We enjoyed all our test drives - don't think John did. Crossed it off our list when we looked at cloth seats some time ago. Power seats turned us to buyers.
  • Thanks for the congrats. A weight has been relieved from our backs. Looking at the vehicle and owners manual - it isn't the poorly built, maintenance pig that we came from. I even get my beautiful cone shaped filter in the big air box with cold air from the top corner of the hood - enough to make an ex crd'er cry with joy.