Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hummer H3

Comments

• im not femiler with GMID. but it sounds like we might need one . still working on the wife. but after she drives it soon im shure i.ll have my h3
    :D
  • Thanks papaJohn
  • I'm interested in 20 inch wheels for the H3. Vogue has a wheel called Spark which is awesome but costs around $3000 for a set of wheels and tires. Any suggestions?
  • Hi We are looking to purchase a H3 and I have been reading about the GMID Certificates that saves everyone so much money - can you tell me how you get one? :confuse:
  • I live in Illinois and I am looking to purchase a H3 - I have been reading so much about tge GMID Certificates can you tell me how I can get one? :(
  • dwpcdwpc Posts: 159
    You must get a GMID authorization number from a GM corporate employee; they're allowed two per month. It will give you what amounts to the GM Suppliers discount which seems to be about 10% off MSRP. Not all dealers will honor it. There have been some posters here previously who helped forum members with getting their GMID authorization. Do a search on GMID and you may find e-mail their contacts.

We've had our H3 for troublefree 3 months and love it.
  • Hey All,
    I will negotiate the lease term below:

MSRP: 35935$ (this includes the destination charge of 565$, I haven't seen this here so far. Is this ok?)

Selling price: 32342$ (10% down with GMID)

0 down, 18k and 24 months, therefore:
    Res: 70% and Rate: 5.9% ( I have seen somebody got 4.6%, can somebody confirm that?)

This makes: 440$ + tax per month

What about GMAC Acquisition fee (700$ to be counted in the expenses above?) and Security deposit (1 month of lease payment?)? Other expenses?

Thanks for your advises.
    GG
  • Paul,

Currently driving a Demo H3 and plan on buying really soon. How soon can I get a GMID certificate?

Ray

RKesner@cox.net
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    Check with post 376 and follow the directions there to get the GMID certificate. Hope this helps, it helped me big time! ;)
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    Check with post 376 and follow the directions there to get the GMID certificate. Hope this helps, it helped me big time! He got it to me in 2 days ;)
  • Ray
    When you are sure your dealer will take GMID make your deal and email me, your birthday and last 4 numbers of your SS#. I will get the number as soon as I get your info and I check my email.
    You will love the H3
    Paul
  • Paul,

Sent you an e-mail. My Hummer dealership will accept the GMID Certificates. Looking to buy within a week. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
  • Paul: In reference to the GMID discounts. If you have a waiting list , I would like to sign up- I am currently seriously looking at the H3. Do you know the percentage discount ? Thanks-Look forward to your response.
    Jim Burke
    Ada, Mi
  • Hey there! I am currently considering an H3. I need room for windsurfing gear, sails, masts, booms, etc. that would require the distance from the rear hatch to the passenger side front seat dash.

Does the front passenger seat on the H3 either (1) fold all the way forward or (2) recline all the way back on top of the second row of seats folded forward? I need to lay stuff flat from the rear hatch up and on top of the front passenger seat.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

-Pete
  • blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    ..... I mashed the accelerator, and guess what? Nothing happened. It was like a snail weighed down buy it's own shell(ironic). This thing has the power of a 100 year old tortise. I did however like the interior, which is a huge step up for GM. Everything has a quality feel and durable materials are a plus. Then something else happened: Sticker Shock!!

The fully loaded version I picked-out closed in on $39K. I wouldn't have a problem with that if it didn't have a 5-cylinder Colorado engine in it. Why did they not put the Trailblazer's terrific 4.2L I-6 engine in it? It would've made all the difference in the world.

So I ended up staying with my beloved Jeep and got a Commander LTD 4X4 HEMI for less than the cost of the H3 WITH the GM incentives included. Surprisingly, with gas costing so much nowadays, the H2's are really moving much better than earlier this year, especially the SUT.

All-n-all, the H3 is a very capable truck looking for a new engine. Other than that, it is much better to handle than the H2 and the interior is nicer too, IMO.
  • I know you should not have to immediately throw money into a new truck, but I hear a $200 cold air intake system does wonders for horsepower/acceleration on the I-5 engine.

Also, a MagnaFlow exhaust on top of that makes this a pretty good performing vehicle.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    "The H3x uses the H3's luxury package as a base and adds unique tires, wheels, and center cap. The chrome trim includes chrome tube steps, chrome appearance package, and a chrome fuel door."

Hummer Beefs Up Lineup (Inside Line)

Steve, Host
  • Jim
    Still have two left unused till end of month. We will get 4 more in Jan. Let me know if you need one.
    Paul Francis
  • Paul,

I'm looking at purchasing a H3 soon, would it be possible to get a certificate within the next couple of days?

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Paul,

If you still have any left I was looking to buy an H3 this weekend my Friend is picking his up tomorrow and the dealer takes the discount. I am hoping I get this ASAP since I would like to sign all the paperwork tomorrow. Sorry for late notice but can you help?