Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler 300/300C

Comments

• kevm14kevm14 Posts: 423
    It lost 6.4 MPG setting overnight

That's very strange and suggests that maybe the 300 calculates MPG differently than what I am used to. Does it take into account the level of fuel in the tank? It shouldn't, but maybe it is.
  • I have found on our 300c that the computer for mpg is a few tenths off of what we get by doing it manually.
  • Which one should i purchase? Which vehicle will last longer?
    I hear that the 2.7 engine is the most problem engine that chrysler has had? Where can i research this info?
    Someone please help
  • What is the name of the chief engineer for 300?

Snoop Dogg!!
  • How did you get the dealer to agree your car was not holding an alignment? I have a pop in the front suspension it will not hold an alignment. My 300C has only been aligned twice and all tires are worn. The dealer told me there was not a problem with the front suspension. I did my homework and read the posts about the steering cradle and made this suggestion to them. A Chrysler warranty engineer is supposed to fly in to OK in a couple of weeks to take a look at it. The pop according to the dealer is coming from the A-pillar. I asked how could a pop in the pillar post cause the car not to hold an alignment? The question was not answered.
  • shep4shep4 Posts: 10
    I have run two LHSs with the 3.5 over 100,000 miles. Never touched either except for spark plugs and air cleaners--oil change at 2000 miles. They and the four speed tranny were totally trouble free. They have enough soup that when you floor board them at 70 to pass you are usually up to 90 when you get around. Buys speeding tickets here in the wild west. My 300 Touring has 24000 miles. Noooo problems. 2000 miles on oil change level is still on slightly over fill. My GoodYear Integrit tires look like they just came out of the wrappings. I don't know anything about the 2.7 and the V8 but frankly I don't have any need to know--I know perfect when I meet it.
  • There was new part numbers for the new cradle.When they called DMC they said that some of the first cars made wouldn't hold a alignment.Hope they will fix it for you.
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Doesn't the EVIC Trip Computer also have the "Instant" Mileage" in addition to average mileage like I get in my 2002 Chrysler T&C LX? :blush:
  • No I don't think so. My 03 does not have instant MPG. It has tire pressure monitoring instead. Some early 2002 Jeeps and Chrysler 300M's had this EVIC that displayed all EVIC functions including tire pressure sensors and instant MPG. The part number of this unit is 56042756AG
    Looks like I was lucky to get a 2002 while DaimlerChrysler still had complete trip computers in the overhead console.
    I was looking at a new 2006 GC SXT but DaimlerChrysler has removed too many nice features from their minivans that were standard equipment in 2002. :cry:
    I was also disappointed that most of the Chrysler 300's have dual zone temperature control as optional equipment. Should be standard equipment on a nice car like the Chrysler 300. :shades:
    Thanks for correction. I had the Dodge Magnum with 5.7L V8 confused with the Chrysler 300. :confuse:
  • vic10vic10 Posts: 188
    I drove an Intrepid with the 2.7 V6 for three years and never had a bit of trouble with it or the transmission. It was reasonably peppy in the Intrepid but I think the 300 weighs considerably more. You'd probably be much happier with the 3.5. Interestingly enough the 3.5 is posted as getting better gas mileage. As for me, I got the Hemi and haven't looked back (except to see my dust....). ;)
  • Yes, they checked the computer codes but they could not see anything relevent.
  • If you look at the incentives or rebates for this vehicle you will notice that Chrysler is not doing a whole lot (no employee discount on this car or should I say their so called "employee pricing plus"). Although they do have a whopping $500 rebate which they are calling cash to customer, but if you look in the financing category there are no low APR incentives available at this time. The 500 rebate ends October 3, 2005. At that time, what are Chrysler's plans in respect to having some type of now APR incentive or any other type of incentive/rebate for this vehicle? I am ready to purchase this vehicle but i am trying to figure out when Chrysler is going to start giving resonable APR rates. I have a good credit score at 850. So I am not too happy with having to get a 5.95% But at the same time I am getting tired of playing the waiting game with Chrysler.

Anyone work for Chrysler on this forum? Or does anyone have any information about this issue? If so any info would be greatly appreciated.
  • When I bought my 300 Touring way back in February, the dealer told me that the 2.7 litre engine was such a problem that DCX were considering dropping the engine altogether. In fact now if you go onto the DCX Canada web site, the 2.7 engine is unavailable in the "build and price" section.
  • These vehicles are selling just fine with very minimal incentives. Why would DCX want to add incentives when they don't need to? Traditionally, incentives are for the products that don't sell well without them. Get a low APR loan from a credit union or other favorable source, take the $500, and buy that new 300!
  • smithedsmithed Posts: 444
    "I have a good credit score at 850. So I am not too happy with having to get a 5.95% But at the same time I am getting tired of playing the waiting game with Chrysler".

It may take awhile for you to wait DC out waiting for a big rebate or low financing on a 300C. It may be that they've found they don't need to do it for this vehicle.

I took the $500 and got 4.25% financing from the credit union.

Enjoying the C. :D
  • Im considering buying a 300 and I just happened to be searcing through some sites when I came across this:

"I have a good credit score at 850. So I am not too happy with having to get a 5.95% But at the same time I am getting tired of playing the waiting game with Chrysler".

850 is not a good score, it is the highest credit score available. With that kind of score and an acceptable DTI ratio you should be able to walk into any lender and get no more than a 4% apr.

BTW in my years of selling money I have NEVER seen an actual 850 score. Congrats.
  • Yes your right, 850 is not a good score its an excellent score. Matter of fact, its like having Bill Gates credit. The hightest credit score available is 950. After looking at my credit report I did make a mistake its an 830 not 850 (but just as good). When I went to the dealer thats the best rate they said that they can give me 5.95% due to fact that the vehicle that I want financed is the 300. So your saying that I can get a better rate if I apply for a loan at my own bank?
  • hraohrao Posts: 78
    Did anyone check the Chrysler website,
    they claim 300 is the most awarded car ever in history, ?????
    is that really true ?
  • As far as I know the 2.7 has never been available in the 300 in Canada. Those built with that engine are/were destined for the USA market and rental business the primary target.
  • Perhaps the dealer did not want to sell you the base model. He might have made a greater profit by selling you the Touring opposed to the Base model, but just speculation. When I went to the dealer one salesmen told me that the 2.7 engine is the most troubled engine made by chrysler. He was really pushing the for me to buy the Touring. I am still really undecided at this point I can go either way. Is it really worth $4,000 more to get a slightly bigger engine? If you think about it that is a lot of additional money for a minor upgrade, what are your thoughts people? After doing the math, it will be $100 more per month if I get the Touring model. I need help with my decision. All opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  • Go for the touring.Better ride much quiter and about the same milage as the 2.7.You won't regret it except fot the $100 more a month!!! I got the C and wouldn't have it any other way. :)
  • It is true. Here is a fairly comprehensive list.

1. 2005 North American Car of the Year
    2. 2005 AUTOMOBILE Magazine - Automobile of the Year
    3. Auto Week - America's Best Sedan: 300C
    4. Edmunds Editors' Most Wanted Vehicle for 2005: Chrysler 300
    5. Edmunds.com - Top 10 Hippest
    6. 2005 Car and Driver - 10 Best "Full-Size Sedan."
    7. SmartMoney - "Best Full Size Sedan."
    8. Money Magazine - Car of the Year.
    9. Life Magazine - "The Sexiest Cars of 2005"
    10. Maxim Magazine - Car of the Year
    11. African Americans On Wheels/Urban Wheel Awards - Car of the Year
    12. Automotive Rhythms - Urban Elite Car of the Year
    13. Automotive Fleet - Fleet Car of the Year
    14. ROAD & TRAVEL Magazine - "2005 International Car of the Year"
    15. Advertising Age - 10 Hottest Cars.
    16. Detroit News - Car of the Year
    17. Motor Trend - car of the year
    18. ICOTY - Car of the year (International Car of the Year)
    19. Motoringtv.com - Car of the year - Luxury division
    20. AJAC (Auto Journalists of Canada) - Car of the year - Luxury division
    21. Robb Report - Top ten list
    22. Executive Life - Top 10 Cars for CEOs
    23. Detroit Free Press - Car of the Year
    24. Kiplinger's Personal Finance - 2004 Best New Car
    25. eCity of Style - Fifth Annual Auto Style Award
    26. CNN Money - Best Large Car 2005
    27. MotorWeek TV - Best Family Sedan
    28. International Carwash Association - 300C Most Washable Car of 2005
    29. Motor Trend May 2005 - Chrysler 300c Best Overall Value - Large car

http://home.comcast.net/~300_C/
  • I have a C and have not driven the touring or base. But if you can afford the touring, you should get it. I have seen a lot of touring owners say they like the performance and acceleration. Not many with the base speak favorably of the performance/acceleration. Here is the complete list of all the additional features you get when you get the touring. This list is from 2004 (for the 2005 model year). Not sure if it has since changed for the 2006 year.

CHRYSLER 300 TOURING STANDARD FEATURES
    Includes all Chrysler 300 standard features plus replaced by:
    • 17-inch seven-spoke aluminum wheels
    • 3.5-liter, SOHC, High Output, 24-valve V-6 engine mated to a four-speed automatic transmission
    • All-speed Traction Control
    • Available all-wheel drive with five-speed automatic transmission with AutoStick
    • Body-color power heated foldaway mirrors
    • Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Emergency Brake Assist
    • Fog lamps
    • Leather-trimmed seats, steering wheel and shift knob
    • Power four-wheel disc anti-lock brakes

http://home.comcast.net/~300_C/
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,468
    maybe the "receiver of the most number of DIFFERENT awards" ... maybe. But if its just overall number of awards, I'd probably put my money on Accord. I mean, hasn't the Accord gotten in the double digits JUST from C&D's 10 best?

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• I went to several Chrysler dealers during Jan and Feb and all had 2.7, 3.5 and HEMIs in stock. All spoke about the 2.7 being too small for the car size. Whilst the dealers were prepping the cars for testing, a couple mentioned the problems with the 2.7. I also remember the DCX Canada web site had 2.7s on the base model selector. I was originally considering getting the 3.5 limited as I couldn't afford the insurance on the HEMI, but the limited didn't come with cloth seats so went for the touring instead.
  • For those that dont know.................

The Chrysler 300 Touring model with the "signature series" package costs $30,540, including destination. It has a navigation system, Sirius Satellite Radio, a moonroof, a Boston Acoustics sound system and other upgrades.

So my question is this...... When can we start seeing these vehicles at the dealer?
  • It's more than just the engine. You also get leather interior, and aluminum wheels.
    Chrysler spent many millions of dollars revamping the 2.7 for that application. The base is probably the best deal on the market right now, but you have to get the stability control! The touring will also have that. If you live where there is snow, that's the ONLY way to go. As far as markup, it's only $400 different.
  • smithedsmithed Posts: 444
    ""maybe the "receiver of the most number of DIFFERENT awards" ... maybe. But if its just overall number of awards, I'd probably put my money on Accord. I mean, hasn't the Accord gotten in the double digits JUST from C&D's 10 best?""

They mean awards for NEW cars in one year. Accord and Camry make lists for years and years, but that's not the same thing, is it? :shades: