Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 Town & Country night time running lights won't work

V-RodV-Rod Member Posts: 2
edited June 2015 in Chrysler
Hello. My name is Vince and I have an electrical issue with my night time running lights. All the bulbs were replaced brand new. All the fuses were checked twice and all are functioning. I also checked the connections between all harnesses on the light assemblies and fuse box. I even went as far as disconnecting the battery and the FCM but I can't seem to figure out why my lights wont work. The headlights, high and low beams, turning signals and hazards are all working fine. I have reseated all the fuses and relay switches in the fuse box as well.

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2015
    I thought the idea was to use your headlights at night, not the "daytime running lights". Some are supposed to go off when you turn the headlights on. Did they stay on, maybe dimmed, before you changed the bulbs? (theaa.com)
  • V-RodV-Rod Member Posts: 2
    I guess I wasnt clear on which lights im referring to. When you turn on the headlights, the signal lights front and back also turn on but they are not intermittent, they stay on. I dont know of a better way to call them.
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    V-Rod said:

I guess I wasnt clear on which lights im referring to. When you turn on the headlights, the signal lights front and back also turn on but they are not intermittent, they stay on. I dont know of a better way to call them.

Are you perhaps talking about fog lights?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    On my '09 Grand Caravan, the fogs come on when you push the headlight switch. After a year of ownership, I've almost trained myself to check the idiot light.

But I don't think that affects the rears lights like on Vince's van. But I've never checked. :)