Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems

Comments

• awf_axisawf_axis Posts: 136
    That's really odd, because I have the '07 Escalade, which has the same engine, 6pd trans & axles as the '07 Denali.

I don't have any noise that I consider "gear" noise, but I do get some resonance coming from the exhaust.

I will comment that I previously had an '05 Denali XL, and the '07 even with 22" wheels, rides smoother, and handles more like a smaller vehicle, and not the "Cow on Rollerskates" feel of the previous generation.

Dave
  • Has anyone had trouble with their keyless entry for the new Yukon. the remote works well when we first exit the vehicle, but after about 30 minutes the remote no longer works. I use the key to open the door and then the remote works again. This happens all the time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andrew
  • Not true. The Nav DVD slot (behind the nav screen) is separate from the CD/DVD player slot. I use nav all the time with the DVD playing in the back.

-- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • Had the exact same problem. Apparently there is a GM service bulletin on this one. My remotes stopped working less than a minute after exiting the vehicle. My dealer was stumped at first but after talking to GM got it fixed. They at first thought it was a software problem but we had the latest versions. Something about a sleep setting and resetting something. I can dig out the service reciept if you need the specifics. Good luck.

-- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • I am also having the same problem with the remote. I've called the dealership with no results. Would you be able to look up the specifics on your service receipt? Can't wait to get the problem resolved. Thanks!

--Angel
    Menlo Park, CA
  • Hello Angel,

Here is the info they wrote up:

"Tech confirmed failure key fobs using recommendation doc 1861180 put system to sleep removed rcdlr reinstalled fuse retested all OK"

Since they did this fix a couple of months ago everything has worked fine. Hopefully your dealer can find out what that document says.

Good luck, let us know how things work out.

-- Gregg
    Boston, Mass
  • I have a 2001 Yukon XL 4wd w/ a 3.73 rear end. The rear end has some noise and the dealer told me it's likely the ring and pinion gear needs replacing. The car goes into the dealer this week. Since the rear end needs to be rebuilt could I switch to a 4.10 rear end? Would I have to do something to the front end differential since it's a 4wd?

thanks in advance for any advice
  • I have a 1998 GMC Yukon and I have received the same code. I have lost my reverse, 2nd gear seems to function when it so chooses and 3rd gear is almost non-existent. I can drive it, but it's like a stick shift with a bad clutch?

I was curious to know the details about the replacing of the solenoid and what it entailed since I seem to be in the same boat.

I am not brave enough to venture into a tranny blind, so I was going to AAMCO tomorrow.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Did anyone else get a letter from On Star saying that they will no longer be providing service to older vehicles because the On Star system in running on an anolog system???
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,144
    Here's a story about it:

OnStar to go silent on millions of pre-2006 vehicles (Straightline)

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• The paint is chipping off the navigation console buttons exposing the yellow plastic under them. Does anyone have a fix for this? (Other than GMC-- I've been reading about their stepping up to the console paint issue!!!!) :) :)
  • My headlights flicker during night driving. Happens approx. 10-15 times per minute. Dealer says he cannot duplicate the problem. Anyone else ever had this issue??
    HELP HELP HELP.
  • Do you know what the RPM is when the lights are flickering?? Do the dash lights flicker at the same time?? Does the rate of flickering change with a change of RPM?? Have you had starting problems?? Does the engine seem to turn over slower after the vehicle has been off for some time???
  • RPM's make no difference. Flicker rate does not change with RPM. Yes, dash lights and all other lights that are illuminated flicker at the same time. Vehicle is new (5K miles) No starting or turnover problems. It doesn't do it when cold. Vehicle has to be operates 10 minutes or more. I'm thinking perhaps the diode trio in the Alternator. Your thoughts? Thanks..
  • My shade-tree mechanic opinion is that it is not the diodes but rather the voltage regulator. The key is that the flickering does not change with RPM and the added information that it does not flicker when cold. I think you are seeing the voltage regulator turning on and off after you have fully charged the battery and it is just regulating in a "maintaining" mode. If you want to definitize that, throw a load on the battery by doing something like turning on the fan or driving lights while the lights are flickering. I'll bet it changes the rate for a few seconds. If your dealer has some old guy working there I bet he has an old dial voltmeter and he would see the needle move in sync with the flickering you are seeing. The young guys should have something like an oscilloscope to see this. ( He will have to wait until the battery is charged and the regulator is "idling" before he tries this). Hopefully you have not added some 3,000 watt boom box to your electrical system that does massive current draws and GMC won't talk to you. Now for the bad news. Some people are much more sensitive to flickering lights that others. If other people riding with you don't see this flickering, it might just be your sensitivity to differences in light levels. Good luck and let us know how this comes out.
  • chemkchemk Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me where the sensor or relay is that tells the rear pump to pumpup the shocks?

Thanks Pete
    chemk@bellsouth.net
  • Hi, I have an 05 Yukon Denali XL and I am having problem with the defrost side of the heater. I took it to the dealer and they told me they thought it was a motor. The main blower motor is working fine. The problem is when I change from floor heat (or any of the other settings) to defrost the air will not come through the defrost vents. It also blows cold air on the passenger side and warm on the driver side when all the way on floor heat. I can hear the air flow change when I switch it so to me it does not sound like a motor problem but an adjustment problem. Is there any adjustment on the internal doors of the heater box? I appreciate any help with this. One side note. This was working fine until I took it to the dealer when it was running rough. They said it was an oxygen sensor and replaced it. It helped somewhat but it is still a little rough. As I left the dealer my windows started fogging and this was the first time I noticed the problem. They said it was not related to what they had done and I really can't see how it would be either but then again???? I would appreciate any ideas or help. Thanks in advance.
  • Hey shade-tree mechanic, As I ponder your diagnosis I think you hit it right on the head. Your explaination make perfect sense. Due to the holidays I probably won't be getting it back to the dealer till after Jan 1. I will, however, let you know the final results when corrected. Thank you very much for your input.
  • hitenhiten Posts: 12
    I've got an 2004 Yukon Denali with 60K miles on it and haven't head any major problems. On my trip from Charlotte NC to Chicago IL, my speedometer started having problems. I was doing atleast 75mph and it was registering 0 MPH. Temporary fix was to turn the truck off and wait for few minutes. This would work fine for about 60miles and then the speedometer needle would start going back to 0. Has anyone experienced this problem? All other gauges are working fine. If yes, what was the root cause of the problem? As of rightnow the speedometer is working fine, but I am not sure how long it would last. Thanks in advance!
  • bctbct Posts: 8
    Its prob the speed sensor on the tranny. Shouldn't cost too much. I'm not positive bit thats what it sounds like and atleast its a place to start.
  • Hey Shade Tree. The headlight flickering has stopped. Do you think perhaps the voltage regulator adjusted itself or was sticking from new and has now wore in??? Thanks again!
  • Jackso;
    My GM dealer told me that with the ALLwheel drive, the two differentials have to have some slack so as not to bind. The clunk is not brakes, but the xmission taking up slack in the shafts conncetion. 25K on it now and is ok pulling 7k pound trailer....coachman99
  • I had to go to the dealer and have him reset the computer on tire pressure, and this will happen also in cold climates if the tires get too low before you correct the pressure, keep them about 4 pounds higher and it won't happen again....coachman 06 denali xl
  • Here's my dilema...
    I have a 2000 Yukon XL and I'm having the following issues with the heater temperature in the driver/passenger section of the cabin, rear temperature control is working fine. The climate controller works fine(temp can be controlled from cool to hot and vise versa)but when the truck warms up(~10 mins on the road)the controller can control from cool to hot but it does not go from hot to cool, in other words, it gets stuck on hot and I mean it is hot. The only way I can get it to go to cool again is if the truck is off and remains off for ~15-20 mins. I know that the controller is working fine because I have replaced it and it did not fix the problem.
    Anny ideas???
  • We love our new(used) Denali. We had a Suburban xl but wanted the slightly larger engine and found a hood deal on the Denali so bought it. The only problem is the console is painted and it is peeling. I cant for the life of me figure out why GMC would paint the plastic instead of just using colored plastic. Is there any way to fix this? It looks so cheap to me.
  • glevittglevitt Posts: 30
    Anyone know the location of the fuel filter on a 2001 Yukon? The best description I've seen is in line with the driver side door on the frame but I can't find it. Also, bleed or no bleed? Anyone know? Thanks!
  • ahoronahoron Posts: 30
    dont know if this helps on the sierra it is on the inside of the driver side frame rail just in front of the fuel tank
  • HELLO ALL, I HAVE A 2002 DENALI AND HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH A BUZZING NOISE FROM ABOVE THE DRIVER'S SEAT FOR A LONG TIME NOW. 2 TIMES AT THE DEALER AND WAS FIRST TOLD THAT IT WAS THE LINK=UP SPEAKER FOR THE ONSTAR SYSTEM. THEN I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS THE "ASPIRATOR" THAT CONTROLS THE AC. JUST LEFT THE TRUCK AT CHEVY DEALER AND WAS TOLD THAT IT IS THE AC TEMP. SENSOR. DIAG. WILL COST ME 97.00. ANY ADVICE AS TO WHAT IT IS. ALS HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCE A RUBBING NOISE WHEN TURNING TO THE LEFT--WAS TOLD MY CHEVY THAT IT IS THE STEERING SHAFT? ANY COMMENTS.
  • ahoronahoron Posts: 30
    I think your caps lock is on
  • Took mine to a dealer (not the one I bought it from) for an oil change and I pointed out the peeling to them and they were very nice. They replaced both pieces (the top around the cigarette lighter and the bottom where the drink holders are) at no cost. It was just days before the 3 year warranty expired and they were very accomodating.