Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems

Comments

• mckele1mckele1 Posts: 5
    I have an 03 with 18500 miles and this problem started today, taking to dealer this week, did you find any other problems other than the computer
  • I have a new arising problem. My truck has 59200 miles and now all of a sudden when driving the RPMs will drop and register below zero. With an older car that usually meant a stall. It is due for its 60K mile service. And it is not a daily occurring problem. When the gas was near a quarter, i thought that was part of the problem (ok stop laughing whoever is reading this). But I had 3/4 qtr tank yesterday and it did it again. When i idle it still registered below zero and in park. I shut it off and restarted and then it was fine.

Any suggestions
  • zbyf1zbyf1 Posts: 2
    You have to get some carburator-fuel injector cleaner and spray it into the throttle body..It works..I have a 02 Denali and once I did it the vehicle idles fine..In fact I have to do it again..You will have to do it every 3,000 miles or everytime you change the oil...I took the info from one of the guys who post a message concerning this..
  • zbyf1zbyf1 Posts: 2
    See msg #282..
  • 2003 Denali XL -- Oh my gosh, my truck memory seat is psycho and does the exact same thing! My rear gate does the exact same thing. They have tried to fix the memory seat over 10 times, not exaggerating. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Kinda like my memory I guess!
  • ObyOne Kanobe-wise one

I have a cherry 2000 GMC Yukon, 61K miles and seems the electric windows are failing one at a time. First to go was the left rear and then right rear and then the passenger. Drivers still working. Rear getting clicks in door when you press driver controls or individual door buttons up and down. Passenger will go down from my controls but not up and will go up with passenger controls.

Replaced driver control panel, thought it was the lock out but it was not. Speak Obyone so that we all may know.

Ron in Katrinaland
  • jjvalenjjvalen Posts: 3
    i just had my 2000 yukon fixed, the check engine light was on when i bought it. i thought it was just a messed up light because it was running perfect. then after about 6 months it started hesitating and jumping rpms at a stop sign........i took to my fav mechanic and he cleaned the throttle body, and bam! light went out, running smooth ever since.,next the back window motors.. ?? i don't think the lady that had it before me ever rolled them down....froze up i guess. anyway hope this helps..
  • Has anyone had this issue? My son was sitting in the far back (Denali Shorty) and said water was flowing out the floor vent in the back. When I got home I looked and the carpet was soaking wet. Is this an issue of a clogged AC condenser drain? If so, how do I go about clearing it?
  • Shave mentioned they had an O3 Denali with idle problems. Has anyone else tried the throttle body cleaning fix? Did they have any issues with a battery failure because of the low RPM?
  • Got home last night and poked around under the truck and found the drain for the rear unit. I moved it around a bit and a little bit of muck fell out and then the water ran like a fountain. I couldn't believe there was that much water backed up in there. Oh well, problem solved!
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    sounds like a regulator problem to me.

BTW, that old guy played by Sir Alec Guinness as Jedi Master Ben aka ObiWan Kenobi is of no relation :P .
  • have a 99 also - same problem. Intermittently the radio, wipers, and windows cut out. Get this - if i slam the center console lid most of the time all systems cone back to life.

Spoke to several dealers and no common fuse, relay, circuit breaker exisits and no connection in the console area is common - according to them.

Everything is stock. Have you had any luck.
  • I have a 2001 Denali and my lowbeams do not work. My highbeams work, my fog lamps work and my parking lights work, but I have no lowbeams. I've checked all of my fuses and they seem to be fine. Also tried to replace bulbs but to no avail. Used a meter to make sure there was voltage coming from the connection. It's all good.
    Also the lights on my steering column (volume controls for radio) are out. And my 3rd brake light.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
  • bctbct Posts: 8
    It is possible That you had a carbon deposit in your intake plenum, it is the part between the throttle body and the block/heads. If it where blocking a passage it would have created the problem you are describing. Not sure on the warranty end of that. Your lucky it wasn't the EGR valve that clogged and they wanted to charge you for. A buddy of mine worked at a dealership and he would replace the whole part even though all you have to do is take it out and knock the carbon out of the valve seat.
  • bctbct Posts: 8
    Not sure of that particular motor but most newer cars with a tach run off a cam sensor to measure the motors RPM. It is a little device that runs off a magnetic pick up. That is most likely the prob.
  • I'm wondering if anyone has had problems with the two rear doors and hatch not locking. I have tried both manually locking from front doors as well as pushing the remote. The two front doors lock but when I go to open the two back doors and hatch, they do not lock and the alarm system goes off. Any ideas or suggestions?
  • Boogga, did your dealer ever get this issue fixed? Some people say the TXV replacement (Document ID #594045) does it and others say it's a normal whistle noise related to the unused IAC passage in the throttle body (Document ID #1580607).

My 2004 Yukon Denali makes the exact same noise and it drives me crazy!

Thanks!!
  • It does work. I wish I had done it before having the fuel pressure regulator replaced in a failed attempt to solve the problem. It has been good for about a year so far.
  • I used to be the happy owner of a 2005 Yukon XL that rode good, was quiet and a pleasure to drive. I traded it for a 2007 Denali and what a disappointment. At 38 mph plus there is gear noise. If you let off the gas or take it out of gear it stops. I only have 700 miles on it and the noise has been there after about 100 miles. It is loud enough to hear inside the cabin. The dealer says this is a normal noise in the AWD Denali. I drove several other Denali's and they all had the noise, mine was louder. Has anyone experienced this and if so did you get it fixed. This issue is driving me nuts.
  • Is it true on the 07 Denali that you can not use the Nav system and the rear DVD at the same time???

:confuse: