Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon and Yukon Denali Problems

Comments

• mark278mark278 Posts: 4
    i've always changed my own oil and i've had 4 gm cars i have a 2003 gmc yukon denali now with 280000 miles on it and it has always had metal on the oil plug and all the gm cars i've had was the same way. your 6.0 liter was made to run on 5w30 so changing it to 10w30 isn't good for it, i've noticed too that the more miles they get on them the less metal there is. a gm dealer only charges a few dollars more to change your oil and would probably be worth it because they don't usually drain your differential or work you up over metal being in the oil and then put the wrong oil in it. I think the 10 min oil change is the reason alot of people are here.
  • My Denali will jerk a little bit every once and a while when accelerating. I think it's the transmission, but I am not for sure. Any suggestions of what is causing it? Thank you!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,576
    If it's not shifting into another gear when you feel this "jerk", then it's probably an ignition misfire. Go to Autozone or Kragen and get the car scanned for a trouble code. I bet a misfire code will come up.

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,068
    kylie_ffr,

Please keep me posted if you have the vehicle diagnosed and when the problem has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • My gas mileage dropped over 5 miles per gallon from one tank of gas to the next. Any ideas what could cause such a sudden drop.
    bad math? Juuussst kidding. You really can't gauge fuel mileage from one tank to the very next one. You should average it out over 5-6 fillups at least. Reason? Changes in the car's position during each fill up, different road and climate conditions, and sometimes a misbehaving gas pump.

• I have seen drops and gains between tanks but never that much(could check sensors aswell). However in my area I work at a small engine repair shop and we have found water freshly purchased from a nearby gastation containing water, ALOT. I have a 2003 Tahoe and after letting it sit for a few months i believed moisture built up in the tank (ethanol), My truck Ran HORRIBLY and was even stalling here there.....4 cans of seafoam and a fresh tank of high oct to clear things through and it was running like a top....
  • HELP! Owned my 2000 Denali 2 yrs, been sitting most of it! It constantly gets stuck in park, will not go into any gears. This goes on awhile, then it will work awhile. OVER IT! :( Had several mechanics, plus pretty mechanical sons try diagnosing this, no one can. I currently have six vehicles, selling all! I do not want to sell this to someone and lie, with this problem, so I really need to figure out at least what it is. Any idea's? Anyone else have this issue??
  • My wife's '03 Denali is also doing the exact same thing. Did you happen to find a fix? Would really appreciate a reply. Thanx.
    Sounds like a problem with the shift-interlock system...maybe bad brake light switch, or sticking/gummed up solenoid mechanism at the gear lever which won't release.

• oxygen sensor, mine went out, along with the traction active error along with now the moonroof...GM has the WORST customer service & I will be selling this P>O>S along with the 2011 Lacrosse I just bought...Never agin will I buy a GM product..As I sit here & wait on the phone for 22minutes for "customer service"
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,369
    Join the Club...I traded mine and bough a CX-9 in 2010.

Good riddance, GM.

Regards,
    OW
  • GMC customer service, NEVER CALLED BACK.....HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!
  • Sounds like a plan....
    godmudder1,
    I apologize for your frustrations. I have looked into your case. Your agent has tried to contact you three times. What I will do is notify your agent that you are waiting for a call. You can also feel free to call the Customer Assistance number in your owners manual with your case number (71-961614620). Thank you for the update.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • The two rear doors and rear hatch sometimes are not locking. The 2 front doors always lock. With both manually & using the remote, it takes switching back & forth from lock to unlock then back again about 5 times before the 2 rear doors & hatch lock. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
  • I'm late in this conversation but I had and currently have the same exact issues. I love my 07 GMC Yukon Denali but it has put a dent in my pocket. I had to replace all my door handles earlier this year, along with the rear window defrost which has broken again since then. I got the same answer, " I need a new window." I take my truck in to the dealership for any maintenance issues or anything that has to be done regularly. My windshield wiper heaters were also taken and i was given $100. I'm beginning to think I wasted my hard earned Afghanistan money on this truck. Like you, my truck doesn't start and I took it to run a diagnostic test and was told it's the alternator, smh!!! I also need a new rear window. I need help!
  • We had similar problems with our '07 as well. Then through word of mouth (recommendation of a friend) we took it to an honest, knowledgeable dealer two hours away who "worked with us". In other words if it was covered under warranty, they repaired under warranty. I won't go back to the dlr 10 min away, since they never repaired the "root cause", just the symptom. The dealer 2 hours away works hard diagnosing to fix the root cause. It's a matter of finding a good dealer. Some just "hang parts" trying to fix the problem. Good luck.
    msdenali07,
    I apologize for your concerns. Can you please email me your VIN? I would like to look into this for you. I look forward to speaking with you! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I have a 02 Denali, the alternator was going and I changed it. now the lights are flickering. I changed the alternator, checked the ground, and the lights are dimming really bad!

thoughts...
  • I have a 2002 GMC Yukon and my rear wiper will randomly move back and forth, not coming off of its resting point entirely but still move back and forth annoyingly for random amounts of time. It only stops doing this for a matter of seconds before resuming.

If I use my blinker is starts to actually wipe as if i pressed the button that sprays and wipes 5 or 6 times. I ended up just unbolting the arm and blade altogether to stop it. I might just disengage the motor but would like another solution.

Something has to be shorted out somewhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Will
    Sounds like the multi-function switch on the steering post. Doesn't the rear wiper function work off the same arm as the directionals?

• This has happened to me and the light is still on today !!
  • gmikeott1981gmikeott1981 Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Just bought a used 2006 Yukon Denali. The vehicle has not been driven much in the past 5 years. The 3rd day of ownership the "service stability" and "service tire pressure monitor" warnings came on along with the ABS and "check brake" lights. The ABS and check brakes just flashed and went away but the service stability and service tire pressure monitor stayed on until the vehicle was turned off. Upon restarting they went away. This has been going on for several days. Figured the battery might be going bad, which it was so I replaced it. After replacement, took it out for a drive again and the service stability and service ride system warnings came on along with the check battery. And again, once the vehicle was turned off and restarted the warnings were all gone.

Also, the Navigation/Radio system has sporadically turned itself off and then back on while driving several times.

To me there is a bug in the electrical system somewhere, maybe a bad cable. Has anyone experienced something like this?? Please help, thanks in advance.
  • I have had the same problem but have never seen the message reduce power engine . Have you had any luck fixing this problem ?
    gmikeott1981,
    I would recommend taking the vehicle in the next time these lights come on. If you can leave the vehicle running so the dealer can see the warning lights on and check for codes. Please keep me updated on your situation. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Please Help!! Our 2007 yukon wont start at all?? about 2 months the lights on the dashboard went out completely and now the car just wont start?
    batmanjr,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with your dealer or Customer Assistance? If not, I would recommend doing so. Please keep me updated on what your dealer says.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I had the same problem at the end of August. I needed a battery. My truck has been fine since then. Somehow it wasn't holding a charge although the battery was fine. I now have a higher charged battery. I hope this helps!
    sonny27,

Sorry to hear about the problems with your vehicle. Were you planning on taking the vehicle to a GM dealership? Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service