Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• I purchased my '05 LaCrosse CXS slightly used in July 05. Problems: rainwater leak on passenger side, soaked the footwell; after three trips to the dealer, finally resolved; bad seam in the body frame bar was the cause; power sun roof stopped working; dealer replaced motor; cruise control was not working at all; I pulled the fuse and replaced (the same fuse) and problem corrected; Conclusion: after all this stuff was fixed/repaired, I am thoroughly satisfied with the vehicle. The "stabilitrak" system is impressive; it has kicked in a few times in the snow/rain. Very roomy driver and passenger areas and rides very comfortably on long trips. Final assembly was done in Oshawa, Ontario (if that helps). The OnStar is a nice perk; my wife drives on long trips solo; nice to know that help is just a button away; the phone works in locations cell phones do not have reception.
  • Do you keep track of your gas mileage, and if so can you give me an idea of what your best/worst tank-full has been in terms of MPG?
  • I have a 2006 LaCrosse CXS. I love this car. I have averaged just under 21 MPG combined for the 16,600 miles I have put on the car so far. I have had zero problems with this vehicle. I have only two complaints. I find the paint to be a bit soft. Also, I wish I had an aux input for the audio system as I have finally gotten into the 21st century with respect to music with a Zune/MP3 player this year. I love the XM radio. I have the Harmon Kadon sound system with a six disc changer. No issues with my sunroof. Fog lights are nice and bright. Seats are comfortable on long road trips. Seat heaters rock on cold mornings.
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Posts: 124
    It is unfortunate - but the lack of an AUX input or failing that, an old-fashioned cassett deck is the sole reason that I will not even consider an '08 LaCrosse. Have had a 5G IPod for several years, and as a salesman it is a big help during long drives.
  • Yeah it is a shame on the Aux input. I finally bought the Zune and some Bose QC2 headphones to keep my sanity as my job is now requiring lots of airline travel for business.

I have high expections for the Epsilon II LaCrosse coming out in 2009/2010. I am expecting to replace this car with another Buick if it continues to meet my expectations.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    The reason the LaCrosse has no aux is it was out before the boom in iPod type radios. The radio used in GM cars back in '05 did not have an aux input while the new GM family radio brought out in '06 or so did.

So, unfrotunately we will probably not see the aux (new radio does not fit in old LaCrosse hole and adding aux woudl be cost prohibitive) until next year with the new Eps II LaCrosse.
  • That is ok with me. I am pretty disciplined about holding onto my vehicles for a set amount of time before trade in (six years). EP II LaCrosse will probably have been through one Mid Cycle Enhancement before I make my next purchase. I have been very happy with XM between the 80s/Big Tracks/ Lucy channels.
    Love the XM. In fact I have no real desire to buy an ipod due to having XM in my house and cars. I am able to play music off my palm pilot but rarely seem to do that since I seem to be in positions where I listen to XM.
  • I have had my 2006 LaCrosse CX for about a year now and love it. I bought it used in October of 2006 w/only around 13k on it. I recently had an oil change on it, but the check oil light has been coming on. I checked the oil several times and the level was fine and the oil quality appeared to be good. Anybody know anything about this? I don't think it has that oil life indicator like the CXS does...but not sure.
    Does have oil life indicator.
  • I finally found the info in the manual. If you don't have the oil life indicator dealio on your dash/console, you have to perform the reset manually. Turn the ignition to run (but don't start) and pump the gas pedal I believe 5 times (don't quote me on this exact amount), then start it up. This should reset the oil life indicator...nice feature!
  • rhinncrhinnc Posts: 66
    Thanks for pointing this out. My 99 Silverado has a similar system, but you press the gas pedal 3 times.

The way that the oil system works is interesting. Sensors and the Computer determine when the oil needs changing based on speed, engine RPM's and other criteria. Really is a neat feature.

However it does take some getting used to for some of us old geezers who were raised on the premise of changing oil every 3000 miles.

The wifes LaCrosse only has 9000 miles on it. I had the oil changed at 5000 miles even though the Oil Monitor (she has the Driver Information Display) was only at 57% remaining.

With 4000 miles on the vehicle since the last change (and monitor reset) it stands at 61% oil life. Her driving consists of 10% city driving and 90% open road.
  • jpstax1jpstax1 Posts: 197
    I ordered a 2008 Buick LaCrosse Super in July (with the Red Jewel Tintcoat color) and took delivery in August. So far, I'm very happy with the car's performance. I made three 0-60 runs on a seldom used frontage road and measured 5.5, 5.7, and 5.8 seconds with my stopwatch. So the car is very quick! However, I did notice some torque-steer while mashing the gas pedal during the runs, but wasn't overly concerned. The seats are very comfortable and the interior looks nice too. BTW, we're gonna have to race some day. Just kidding!
  • I disagree with 62vette.....the ipod and other MP3 players were quite popular by the early 2000s. Car manufacturers were quite slow in getting with the program, but by the time of the Lacrosse's debut, a number of competitors were rolling out their new midsized sedans with mp3 capability (Passat, Camry, most of the upscale imports). I e-mailed Buick in 2006 telling them they were really missing the boat, and cost themselves a sale (to me) by not having any aux option.

At the Indianapolis auto show last week, I noted to the Buick rep that, again, with me being in the market for a new car, I cannot consider Buick's Lacrosse since there is still no ipod option....and this leaves them one of the ONLY cars in this class without one in 2008. Accord, Camry, Passat, Impreza, Impala, Altima, etc., etc., etc. ALL have this as an option. If they want to get the Buick image past the "old person" stigma, then this is the first thing that needs to change. :mad:
    Like I said, LaCrosse was designed with the old radio. Will need to wait until the new LaCrosse next year to ge the new chassis radio with mpe hook up.
  • I like what I see of the new Super. However, that's a lot of power (and weight) up front. Just wondering if there have been reports of excessive torque steer or other handling issues on the car.
    Look for Impala and Grand Prix articles with the V8. I think you will find it is there but not bad.
  • During an oil change and tire rotation at 19600 miles recently my dealership service department noticed that my Tie-Rod Ends were wearing excessively. They ordered the parts and did the replacement and alignment under warranty.

Overall I was completely satisfied with service experience I got at Jimmy Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Athens, AL. I know most post here about problems, but I thought it would be good to post a good news story on service. This is the type of stuff that will probably keep me driving Buicks for a long time to come.
    Overall I was completely satisfied with service experience I got at Jimmy Smith Pontiac-Buick-GMC in Athens, AL. I know most post here about problems, but I thought it would be good to post a good news story on service. This is the type of stuff that will probably keep me driving Buicks for a long time to come.

Very true, few take the time to go on the net and say good things. One good thing is that Lexus and Buick tied at 145 problems per hundred vehicles at 3 years reliability according to JD Power. Tied for first place!!