Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• yurakmyurakm Posts: 1,345
    I cannot remeber Grand National. We immigrated in 1996.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    yurakm-

WOW! Time flies! You never got to see "Christine" as I called my 300M based on a Stephen King novel/movie! You're lucky! ;-)) The Acura was just 3 years old on 3/28. The transmission went last June and Acura replaced it. It has a 7/100,000 mile extended warranty from Honda. Only have 30,000 miles on the car now. Lease is up in September. Looking forward to seeing and driving the LaCrosse. That's one brand that my brother carries at his dealership in RI.

When he sends me info on it, I'll scan it and send it on to you. He said that he thought they were going to be ordering them soon.

Glad you're doing better after your stents. My mom had two stents about 8 years ago and she's doing fine. She's 91 1/2 now and still going strong. Sometimes I think she has more pep than me! ;-))

fastdriver
  • dispencer1dispencer1 Posts: 489
    I'll take back what I said about the LaCrosse. I saw it in person at the Albuquerque Auto Show and it looks really great - very elegant. The photos do not do it justice. It was a really nice looking silver grey.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    dispencer1, that's really great to hear. Very few members have been enamored of the LaCrosse having only seen photos, but what about it was misleading in the photos?

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

The photos need to show the side elevation of the car like the photos of the new BMW 6 Series that are in the auto magazines. A 3/4 view makes the car look compressed and makes it resemble a 2004 Grand Prix. It also seems to accentuate the trim, grille, various stuck on trim pieces, etc. The car is much better looking than either the Park Avenue or LeSabre without the round bulbous look.
  • theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    This has always been my favorite angle:

http://www.wieck.com/public/*2PV_065048
    I agree that the broadside view is the best one but the car actually looks much better in person. Even the front view looks better when you can see the length of the hood. The photos make the hood look shorter for some reason.
  • mbukukanyaumbukukanyau Posts: 200
    Rebates and discounts are actually just a #'s game, the car is worth what you pay for it. not what they tell you you are 'saving'. The only way you'd save is if you never paid anything out of pocket. then no money left you, so you saved, and got something in return.

So, when GM sell you a car loaded with rebates that is how much GM thinks their own car is worth. they are charging you full price. No savings.

dispencer1

What do you think of the Velite concept. Its a very hot design if you ask me.
    I'm not familiar with it.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    That's my favorite angle too!
    And NO, it does not share the Grand Prix's roofline:

http://gm.wieck.com/forms/gm/PV__013319__.jpg

Look closely.
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Posts: 1,564
    I agree, it does not share the GP's roof line. It shares the Taurus roofline. See post 302. Spittin' image.

At least they copied a good looking car. I got one in my garage!
    Thank you for explanation.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    This is my favorite angle too! Looks less Taurus like from that angle.
  • drwilscdrwilsc Posts: 140
    I got a little mini-brochure on the LaCrosse at the Buick dealer. I was very disappointed to see that you can not get the flip-and-fold seat on the CXS trim, which is the only trim that has the 3.6 liter engine. I have 4 children and would like the car to fit the whole family (also have a minivan), but I can not see being happy with the old 3800 engine. Why would Buick not offer the combination of the 6 seater and the good engine?
    I agree, the 3.6L should be available on the CXL.
  • 14871487 Posts: 2,407
    they probably figure most buyers who are interested in 6 seats arent too concerned about multivalve engines. I would tend to agree with them on that.
    I believe, GM will not make enough new engines. As with the late Olds Intrigue: At first the new tech 3.5l engine was available only with the most expensive trim. Later it propagated to all trims.
    Why is the 3800 engine unpopular all of a sudden? It has a great reliability record, gets 30-31 MPG on the road, lasts 200k miles or more with standard oil changes. I've had this engine on three Buicks and never suffered any engine-related problems in 120k miles. 205 HP is plenty for passing in the 50-75 MPH range. On the other hand, I haven't had great luck with the 3.4 and 3.1 engines - I'll stick with a winner.