Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• dan165dan165 Posts: 653
    ABS becomes standard across the board. I believe that was the only major change.
  • dan165dan165 Posts: 653
    I love my 3.8L Grand Prix GT. Efficient, quiet, smooth and easy to service. Progress for the sake of progress isn't always the best thing. Maybe I'm getting old, but the OHC engines are over rated I think.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Dan165 posted this here awhile ago.
    AY1) Air bags, side head curtain are now standard on all models
    (AK5) Air bags, frontal now require a fleet or government type order
    (PEB) Silver Convenience Package, is now (PDD) Comfort and Convenience Package
    (PEC) Gold Convenience Package is now (PCI) Driver Confidence Package
    (JL9) Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc and Traction control, Enhanced Traction System are Standard on CX and CXL

There should also be 2 new exterior colors.
  • dispencer1dispencer1 Posts: 489
    Thanks! I figured it would.
    Thanks very much.
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    Wow.. that is amazing. Buick will have the safest sedan on the road!
    All the automotive companies have agreed to install curtains standard. It is a question of when.
    What are frontal air bags? Won't the LaCrosse have the normal steering wheel/dash air bags? I thought that GM was going to put stabilitrak in all its cars and trucks as standard equipment. I wonder when they will get to the LaCrosse. I understand that the SUVs were going to have it standard for '06 along with some sedans.
    I have no idea on the frontal bags. Makes no sense. I am sure they will be on all cars though.

Stabilitrak I bet will be standard on the '07 or '08 CXS. The rollout for GM will take a few years and there seems to be quite a bit of complaints on the MSRP of the CXS already. Another $400 or so willonly make it worse.

The 3.8L cars will need to be developed and will take a few years?
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    When it says air bags, frontal is an option only for fleets, it means that ALL vehicles come with the side air curtains TOO, unless a fleet order wants ONLY frontal airbags....Got it?
    Oh yea, that is what we decided!! Forgot about that one. keeps the price down for fleet i guess.
  • navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
    The Buick Lacrosse was featured in a Car and Driver comparison test featuring the Chrysler 300, Ford Five Hundred, Kia Amanti, Nissan Maxima and Toyota Avalon. The Lacrosse took fifth. It might have done better in the test, however it proves the competition is that much better.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=9639&page_number=1
    issue discussed here was how they chose the cars. Avalon and Maxima do not make sense together. Ford 500, Avalon and 300 are pretty large cars. Better comparison in my mind would be Maxima/Camry XLE/Accord/LaCrosse/Amanti.
    Thanks - That clears it up.
    I don't know what it proves. It may prove that Car and Driver as well as CU just loves everything foreign. I drove the Montego which is essentially a Five Hundred. Wierd transmission. The 300 windows are too high. The Avalon feels like a small car and the information panel in the center of the dash is silly and distracting. I'll take the LaCrosse and I haven't even driven the Maxima and Kia.
  • vanman1vanman1 Posts: 1,397
    Said it before, comparing the Avalon that starts more than $10K more than the LaCrosse is just not a fair comparo.

I like the 300 but over all I would go with the LaCrosse because 300 styling will be getting old in a few years. 500 tranny is questionable (as are all CVTs) and it has no engine option. Avalon should be a Camry for this comparo and it's as dull as you can get in a sedan.
    Maxima is a sporty car. Rough ride, etc. but very nice car. I would compare to Grand Prix.
  • venus537venus537 Posts: 1,443
    "I don't know what it proves. It may prove that Car and Driver as well as CU just loves everything foreign."

lets don't forget edmunds' comparison test that included the lacrosse. they must love everthing foreign too!
  • venus537venus537 Posts: 1,443
    the altima makes the maxima almost irrevelant.

like the lacrosse, it's not readily clear what the maxima's competition is.
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    One has an excellent and well made interior....The other, even after revisions, is just a wee bit better than a bad joke. At least GM did a GREAT job on the LaCrosse interior!