Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

In my 2003 Lincoln Navigator, my third row seats do not unfold. I don't beleive it the fuses

mainlyymainlyy Member Posts: 17
edited June 2015 in Lincoln
I went to put my third row seats back up after putting them down a week ago, I pushed first one button then the second and neither one operates. I beleive they are run on two separate fuses, which I doubt blew at the same time. So where do I begin trouble shooting this one? Thanks

Answers

• Options
    sttrsttr Member Posts: 13
    is it not working for the key remote also?
  • Options
    mainlyymainlyy Member Posts: 17
    No, I even tried turning the key to the accessory position and that didn't work. Since they operate on two separate fuses. Both fuses stand alone with nothing else running off of them. I'm wondering if there is a relay involved somewhere........
  • Options
    sttrsttr Member Posts: 13
    and no on the switch at the sun roof or ceiling too! It sounds like your contacts may be tarnished. I have had two instances when traveling to high humidity areas like Illinois in summer where I had to scrape as in physically scrape tarnish off the fuse contacts just to make a connection! I have read since then that tarnish can also build up and break contact on rocker switches but the idea that both went at the same time seems far fetched.

Do you have any way to see if the wire has power coming to the switch that is the next thing I think I'd check. Is the wire itself dead or not?