Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005 Kia Spectra/Cerato

191011121315»

Comments

• Hi darksun.

To alleviate any future confusion on the part of the forum readers, the last part of my post above (i.e. NOTE TO NEW SPECTRA OWNERS) was actually written by me as a succinct summary of the problem described directly above it.

That section was NOT posted from anyone from KIA. I can now see how it could look that way though. LOL

-SM
  • nw1997nw1997 Posts: 227
    Hi backy,

Do you know when they will be re designing the new Kia's that will have this new engine design that would last up to 300K miles? Spectraman, thanks for the info. I guess it boils down to how someone maintains and drives their vehicles. That article regarding th Accord that went to 1 million miles was interesting. We are about to move and will have a long commute as I mentioned. We are starting to look now for a commuting vehicle that is reliable, fuel efficient and low-maintenance. When I read about the 2005 Spectra it gave me another option than the Civic and Corrola. Well, I am not a hard driver and I keep our vehicles well maintained. I do like all the safety features that the Spectra have to offer, the MPG is not that bad either. We will keep investigating all our options before we make a final decision. Thanks to all that offered their opinions.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,784
    I don't have hard info on when Kia will start using the new Hyundai engines, but we can make some intelligent guesses. We know the NF Sonata will use the new engines. That leads me to think the new Optima, based on the Sonata, will use them as well. A new Accent and Rio are due out late next year. I haven't seen the engine specs on them yet, but it's logical that they would use the new (small) engine. As for when the Spectra will use a new engine, that's hard to say since the new Elantra may not be out until 2006. Will Kia put the new engine in earlier, putting the Elantra at a disadvantage, or wait? Then there's the new Kia minivan, which is rumored to use the new V6.

One note on the 300,000 miles goal... Hyundai was clear that it would take awhile to make that goal, since the design is for 300,000 miles but it will take some time for all of their suppliers to get the tolerances close enough. So even though you can get a vehicle with a new-design Hyundai engine very soon, it doesn't mean it will have 300k durability.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,918
    It's time to join other enthusiasts in one of these discussions:
    Kia Spectra5
    Kia Spectra Sedan

See you in the other future Kia discussions!

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.