Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Verona

1545556575860»

Comments

• rj027rj027 Posts: 1
    I'd just like to let you know that the Verona was a rebadged Daewoo, and not actually a Suzuki at all. So, you might be safe buying a Suzuki in the future; I'd just make sure it isn't a model that's really a Daewoo.
  • I bought my 2005 Suzuki Verona new out of the showroom. My gas tank is having the same problem but it only started about a year ago. It takes a long time to fill the tank. Did you find the solution? There should have been a recall to this.
    Other than this the car has been great. A sensor or two had to be replaced and the rear boot keeps going bad, had that replaced. I love the car and for 16k it had all the comforts and bells and whistles any 25k car would have. It has 95k miles and is in good shape.
  • 3285032850 Posts: 1
    I have a 04 Verona with the same problem. The vapor canister is mounted behind the right rear tire. If it goes bad, you will have problems fueling. I pulled mine down and ran a long screwdriver into the openings to break up the carbon filtering agent. there is also a vent valve mounted on the canister that is electrically controlled. This can cause fueling problems also. Good luck.
  • ok i have a sazuki verona 2004 n i was wondering what is the code to the cd player its numbers 1-6 n i bought it but dont have the code i bought it off a car lot
  • vinays84vinays84 Posts: 1
    Hello rich155,

After replacing the vacuum hose have you ever had the jerking or stalling problem?

Also where did you replace the vacuum hose; At a Suzuki Dealer or a Local Mechanic?
    How many miles do you have on your car?

Looking forward to your reply,

Thanks,

Vinay
  • jdbncjdbnc Posts: 3
    Mine had the same problem with slow-filling of gas. I took the canister behind the rear tire loose and used compressed air to blow into the vent hose (the larger of the hoses) and it solved my problem. I also had a check engine light on that also went out as a result.
    It gets very hot under that engine cover. You can remove the cover and replace the vaccuum hoses yourself. That solved all of my chugging problems.
    Evergreen, I had the very same problem. I replaced several dried, cracked vaccuum hoses under the engine cover along with new spark plugs and my problems were solved.
  • alienpathalienpath Posts: 15
    Oh where to begin. 05 Verona, purchased new off the show room floor in 06. However, 35,5++ miles and 6 years later:

Constant airbag light on (after being charged $85 for the hook up, the light comes back on after a couple of days---tired of messing with it);

Ticking motor when starting at least 50% of the time. Oil sending unit not working right? My 04 Verona did the same thing. Dealer said nothing wrong.

Wrong transmission gearing? (the most likely culprit for the 13mpg city);

Intermittent electrical issues (including non-functioning daytime running lamps, stereo, stereo controls on steering wheel, clock, passenger airbag light (not coming on when no passenger present);

And, oh yeah, a freakin' 13MPG in the city!! :mad:

I am now out of warranty. Suzuki charged me $85 while under warranty for "fixing" the airbag light issue. I called the dealership and complained. No satisfaction. I called Suzuki customer service. Again, no satisfaction. Two days after they "reset the codes" to turn the light off, the airbag light comes on again, intermittently. Three days after that started, it came back on and stayed on. It currently blazes away when I drive it.

I've looked at the Mustang, Corvette, and Challenger. All get better city mileage than I do, and with V-8's to boot. The next stop on this Verona tour will take us to the Dodge dealer for a new Dodge Dart Rallye. Never again. :mad:
  • I just recently bought my Suzuki and read in the manual that i can drive my car like if it was a manual transmission I've been doing that for the past week. I'm not sure if that's bad or not cause it says i can.
  • I just recently bought my Suzuki and read in the manual that i can drive my car like if it was a manual transmission I've been doing that for the past week. I'm not sure if that's bad or not cause it says i can. I need someone to help me out on how to use it right .
  • I just recently bought my Suzuki and read in the manual that i can drive my car like if it was a manual transmission I've been doing that for the past week. I'm not sure if that's bad or not cause it says i can. I need someone to help me out on how to use it right .
  • maest24maest24 Posts: 1
    Hello Rich,

I would like to know if this completely fixed your issue?

I bought a 05 Verona and I did not check out the car completely before I bought it. Major mistake.

I have several issues with the car.

1) Clock on dash comes off and on.

2) Daytime running lights cut off and on on occasion.

3) It idles Hard. Sometimes It shuts off. Even when in park the rpms spike and drop below 1 or even half.

4) I have gotten codes saying my car is running rich and lean. The codes contradict themselves.

I have replaces the fuel filter. Transmission range switch. Brand new Alternator. Radiator flush. Tune up.

I'm still having the idling hard issue. How can I get this resolved? Has anyone fixed this issue? My car will not pass inspection. Please HELP
  • marvinlee1marvinlee1 OregonPosts: 43
    The Suzuki car line and the Suzuki Verona are both gone. I liked my Verona very much and had few of the problems that others have had. The engine was the most silky-smooth six I ever owned, including a Dodge Dart and the famed American Motors cast iron 4.2 liter inline six.

GM continued selling the car in Australia for a time, with a far superior six-speed automatic transmission. It, too, is now gone.

The Verona had great potential that GM never fully developed. With variable camshaft timing and direct fuel injection, plus the six-speed auto, it could have been one of the best 2.5 liter cars on the market. Quality control was poor, and directly attributable to insufficient GM management of the South Korean Daewoo company.
  • I would check all fuses related to those issues. I had so many problems with my Verona and it was blowing fuses constantly. I was blowing my fuel fuse all the time and I bent the prongs a little and shoved it in with one prong in the slot and the other on the outside but still contacting the metal slot. I know this sounds stupid, I have a ton of friends that are mechanics and they were saying what everybody else said. But I have had this car since 2006 and I haven't had any problems since I did this little fix.
  • please help check engine ligth is on and the codes are p0171 and p0174 can someone have this problem and geit fix this car is breaking my pockets mechanics make me change many parts like oxigen senor pcv valve fuel pump fuel filter check intake for air leak, throtte body. when im driving the rpm iddle drop down and sometimes the car shut off. wow i dont understand why is very difficult for every mechanic to solve a problem in this car, like they are not familiar with this car is a daewoo with a suzuki name maybe in korea were they make this car mechanics fix it rigth away but not in usa please help.