Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suzuki Verona

1848586878890»

Comments

• I just recently bought my Suzuki and read in the manual that i can drive my car like if it was a manual transmission I've been doing that for the past week. I'm not sure if that's bad or not cause it says i can. I need someone to help me out on how to use it right .
  • I just recently bought my Suzuki and read in the manual that i can drive my car like if it was a manual transmission I've been doing that for the past week. I'm not sure if that's bad or not cause it says i can. I need someone to help me out on how to use it right .
  • maest24maest24 Posts: 1
    Hello Rich,

I would like to know if this completely fixed your issue?

I bought a 05 Verona and I did not check out the car completely before I bought it. Major mistake.

I have several issues with the car.

1) Clock on dash comes off and on.

2) Daytime running lights cut off and on on occasion.

3) It idles Hard. Sometimes It shuts off. Even when in park the rpms spike and drop below 1 or even half.

4) I have gotten codes saying my car is running rich and lean. The codes contradict themselves.

I have replaces the fuel filter. Transmission range switch. Brand new Alternator. Radiator flush. Tune up.

I'm still having the idling hard issue. How can I get this resolved? Has anyone fixed this issue? My car will not pass inspection. Please HELP
  • marvinlee1marvinlee1 OregonPosts: 43
    The Suzuki car line and the Suzuki Verona are both gone. I liked my Verona very much and had few of the problems that others have had. The engine was the most silky-smooth six I ever owned, including a Dodge Dart and the famed American Motors cast iron 4.2 liter inline six.

GM continued selling the car in Australia for a time, with a far superior six-speed automatic transmission. It, too, is now gone.

The Verona had great potential that GM never fully developed. With variable camshaft timing and direct fuel injection, plus the six-speed auto, it could have been one of the best 2.5 liter cars on the market. Quality control was poor, and directly attributable to insufficient GM management of the South Korean Daewoo company.
  • I would check all fuses related to those issues. I had so many problems with my Verona and it was blowing fuses constantly. I was blowing my fuel fuse all the time and I bent the prongs a little and shoved it in with one prong in the slot and the other on the outside but still contacting the metal slot. I know this sounds stupid, I have a ton of friends that are mechanics and they were saying what everybody else said. But I have had this car since 2006 and I haven't had any problems since I did this little fix.
  • please help check engine ligth is on and the codes are p0171 and p0174 can someone have this problem and geit fix this car is breaking my pockets mechanics make me change many parts like oxigen senor pcv valve fuel pump fuel filter check intake for air leak, throtte body. when im driving the rpm iddle drop down and sometimes the car shut off. wow i dont understand why is very difficult for every mechanic to solve a problem in this car, like they are not familiar with this car is a daewoo with a suzuki name maybe in korea were they make this car mechanics fix it rigth away but not in usa please help.