Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Legacy/Outback 2005+

Comments

• subaru_teamsubaru_team Posts: 1,676
    Legacy - 2.5i Sedan Manual/Auto. 3200/3245
    2.5i Ltd. Sedan 3265/3310
    2.5 GT Sedan 3300/3365
    " " "" Limited 3365/3435

Wagon: 2.5i 3255/3300
    2.5i Ltd - 3335/3380

More if needed.

Patti
  • pzevpzev Posts: 807
    17MPG in the city on premium may be kind of pricey in the long run. Also keep in mind in 2006 the sulphur in fuel will be lowered, so expect the cost of that to be passed on to the consumer. What fuel prices will be at that point though is anyone's guess.

The good news is this may open the door for more diesels once the sulphur is lowered. The European Accord (TSX) with diesel is rated 35mpg in the city and 53mpg on the highway, with a combined driving rating of 45mpg. This is in US MPG figures. Diesels aren't for everyone, the horsepower is only 138 at 4,000rpm but typical with diesels has a massive 245 foot pounds at 2000rpm.

Obviously a smaller diesel engine and/or smaller car should pull even better numbers. On top of that the Accord diesel STARTS at a weight of 3247 pounds. Higher trims and wagons weigh even more. Impressive numbers for such a heavy car.

I would assume if an AWD 300C was made it would probably have a gas guzzler tax on it.
    2.5i 3310/3355
    2.5i Ltd /Wagon 3365/3410

2.5XT Ltd. Wagon - 3415/3480

VDC 3630
    LLBean 3600

Again - that should give you a general feel for it. If you need something specific - just say the word and I'll post it!

Patti
    2.5i sedan with auto is rated at 3245 pounds? That's a bit heavier than I expected. I was under the impression more weight was shaved off with the new model. I was expecting about 3100 pounds or so.
  • bigelmbigelm Posts: 995
    S60R is not only heavy but cramped. To pay $36k base price, don't count on anyone sitting in the back seat if you're over 5'8" tall. No hip or headroom in rear. Small trunk leaves bad taste in mouth for this size car.

Front seats are awesome and comfortable. If you think the S60R's AWD is going to be impressive, think again. This car is FWD bias, at all time until slippage occurs and it does not split 50/50 either. I did a writeup on it at nasioc awhile back. IF you're interested I can just copy and paste it here.

It's nice... but it's not as impressive.

Well, I test drove the 300C today, by myself ;-)
    This car is truely amazing. You don't feel the MDS and the ESP is everything the reviews claim. I can deal with the 17/25 MPG... on an 5.7L engine, that's impressive.
    Manual is 3200.

Patti
    Thanks for the info. Do you know what the turning circle is?
    35.4 ft. I hope you are finding the info. helpful!

Patti
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    Thanks for filling in the (info) gaps! :)

Bob
    else that peaks your interest before you actually get to drive them next week!! Wheehooo - lucky you!! You're going to love it!

Patti
    I know. Besides driving the cars and hanging out with cool folks, I'm overwhelmed that we're staying at the Bellagio! And going to see Cirque du Soleil; they are a favorite of mine! First class, all the way!

Bob
  • cdnp5cdnp5 Posts: 163
    I don't know if this has been posted yet but here it is....

Base Legacy $27,995
    Base Legacy GT $36,495
    Legacy GT Loaded $41,795
    Add $1000 for a wagon

Outback $32,995 to $44,995 (depending on engine)

As per the Toronto Star, May 8, 2004

In case you are wondering, the MSRP on a STI: $46,995
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    Thanks for the info Patti! Did you get to drive any?

Bob: Cirque is nice, but try Blue Man Group for something different. I saw them way back in NYC and it was great.

Ken
    Yep, Blue Man Group is cool too. That's another act I would love to see.

Bob
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Sorry, off topic but- In Vegas last summer I saw two shows- Sigfried and Roy and the comedy show at the Flamingo. Initially, I was pissed at paying $111 to see the lion tamers, but now, it seems unfortunately worth it. I digress. The improv comedy at the Flamingo was only $33 and it was far and away the funniest thing I have ever seen.

I wish I could join you for even just the leisure part! Please post any and ALL impressions regarding the new Legacy as soon as time permits.

And thanks, Patti!

Pzev- I still dont really understand your interest in this car, given that youve stated you have no need at all for AWD in the region in which you live. Why bother with the added weight, complexity, and fuel consumption if it's unnecessary? The Accord will likely Trump a base Legacy 2.5i in acceleration, will certainly nail it in value, resale, and-side airbags and curtains will be standard for 2005. Dimensions on the Accord make it roomier too, although theres definitely something to be said for actually being in the car. Significant improvements to the 2005 Camry as well, which will aid quickness and fuel economy, as well as interior appointments.

~alpha

PS- Since this thread is soon to be closed, which of the existing Subaru/Legacy threads would be the best to find up-to-date information and partake in similar useful, fun, civil... discussion? Anyone any thoughts?
  • goneskiiangoneskiian Posts: 381
    Patti,
    Thanks for sharing!

How about the GT and GT Ltd. wagon weights? And mpg for them as well.

Thanks!
    -Ian
  • bblachabblacha Posts: 160
    30 mpg for the 2.5i Legacy wagon is awesome. This car is going to be so cheap to run, and an overall steal at $22k. Can't wait to test-drive it, hoping for plenty of trickle-down niceness from the GT! :-)
  • johnclineiijohnclineii Posts: 2,287
    I join in the question. For those of us who want to discuss the new Legacy AND Outback, where do we go so we all go together?

I really wish Edmunds would reconsider its decision to close this thread.
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Posts: 223
    because I am seriously considering the one for $18,500 at Fitzgerald. I couldnt believe how my legs (Im 6'-2") were rubbing against the bottom of the steering wheel. At first i thought the telescoping wheel was in its lowest position so I tried to raise it. Nope, thats as high as it will go. The seat was at its lowest setting (height wise) as well (it was a limited). Oh no. I sat in a Forester XT and it was much better (driving position wise). Oh no. Dont know what Im going to do. I cant afford the XT, not sure how I will feel about a non Turbo Forester. To me its like getting an Impreza RS. Im also corss shopping the Element and the Vue. Looking for something with utility and less than $20k.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,147
    ok, a few things:

mileage - ouch! am i the only one who thinks that GT mileage is a bit harsh? OK, I hate to bring up this vehicle again, but it is in the garage, so its my best basis of comparison. Our Pilot gets 20 mpg combined, has a 240 horse V6, AWD, and weighs in at a whopping 4400 lbs. So the GT has a similarly powered 4 banger and weighs over half a ton less but only achieves about 1, maybe 2, mpg better?? AND it requires premium?? Am I getting all those details right?

host - i thought threads were just moved and not actually closed? I seem to recall that is what has been done in the past. Am I remembering incorrectly?

juice - We skipped the NAV on our Pilot and I sort of regret it. I thought I could get by with a laptop and GPS with software. Man, was I wrong. Its incredibly inaccurate, difficult to use, and can't seem to find its way out of a paper bag. Of course, I'm sure there are better aftermarket setups out there, but how much money do I end up spending until I find the right one? We also have an aftermarket moonroof (your testimony was definitely an influence on that decision). I will gladly admit that it is much nicer than anything I've seen from the factory in any vehicle, but anybody who really looks at it can tell that it was not originally built into the car. So, appearance-wise, it falls a bit short. I won't get into that whole stopping for directions thing. Honestly, although I can sometimes be a typical male, I wouldn't mind doing that if I could rely on finding someone who speaks clear English and actually knows what they are talking about even 10% of the time. Ugh! I've said too much already. See what you did?

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country