Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 300/GS 430

Comments

• statmanstatman Posts: 12
    How did the GS look with the G-Spider rims? Any other rim options available?
  • I was excited to go to a local Lexus dealer (Bay Area) to test drive a brand new GS 300 AWD. Only did I learn that it isn't available until mid July to late August. It seems like some people on this board have already driven the AWD. Is the AWD only available in the east coast and west coast will follow?

Since I need a new car in a month or so, I am going to stick with the new GS design but torn between GS 300 and the GS 430...oh of course the $8000 spread. Is $8000 over 6 years (my intention to keep the car) worth it for the 60 more horses on a V8, 18" wheels, factory spoiler, but the extra gas mileage. I will forgo my future speeding tickets though. Anyone on this board have the same dilemma? I am torn right now.

Hotshot888
  • tinypoemtinypoem Posts: 26
    indiana97,

they are already selling at $3500 to $4000 off MSRP right now in many areas. Hopefully by the 6 month mark you can get an even better deal.
  • stern4stern4 Posts: 6
    I upgraded to the spider wheels on my AWD. It finishes off the car perfectly. Have received many positive comments from friends and strangers. They compliment the color of the car as well. Color: Flint Mica
  • 00boxsters00boxsters Posts: 202
    I paid about 11% below sticker price bartalk3.

2005 LS430 modern package

MSRP: 62,734
    Cap Cost: 55,850
    residual value: 34,503.70
    money factor: .00155

3 years x 36 months, 15K/month = $799/month inc. tax.
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    Weird as it sounds, I believe that the true competition for the GS comes from Lexus itself.

The GS 300 competes against the upcoming ES 350 - the GS might be slightly more sporty but the new ES will have more room, similar looks and luxury and will likely share it's engine with the GS 350 - plus it's cheaper.

The GS 430 competes against the upcoming LS 460 - again the GS might be slightly more sporty but the new LS will have more room, better luxury and will likely share it's engine with the GS 460 - although a little more expensive.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    hotshot: In the Chicago area (and midwest generally), 90% of the GS300s for sale are AWD. In fact, RWD 300s are almost impossible to get. If you need a car now, you can get it here!
  • soulundersoulunder Posts: 31
    Thanks Boxsters you have certainly given me food for thought. My choice in GS300 is no where to be found in the southeast. I'll wait until the end of the month and possibly move over to the LS430 (if the dealer is hungry enough).
    I have seen the ash with black birds-eye maple. I like the ash (grey) interior, it goes well with the other color tones in the car. I just prefer a wood that has a richer (?) look and appeal like the other two choices. Lexus offers the lighter tones in the RX 330 with ash interior but not the new GS (probably a cost saving issue). Like most car buying decisions it becomes a matter of personal taste and appeal. I am happy you enjoy that color combination - it must be a successful one or Lexus would have abandoned it a few years back. Enjoy your new car, I'm still waiting. :(
    Where have you seen discounts of $3500 to $4000 off MSRP? 06' GS300's are selling like hot cakes in the southeast with very little discount.
  • indiana97indiana97 Posts: 58
    Where and what dealers have you seen discounting $3000 to $4000 off MSRP? I would be interested too!!
    Thanks
  • gs4lifegs4life Posts: 6
    tinypoem,

Could you please shed some light on the places where they are willing to do $3500 to $4000 off of MSRP for the new GS300?? Is that for the NAVI or non-NAVI??

I, personally, is looking for a GS300 that comes with NAVI & ML sound system. Do you know any place that are willing to do $2500-$3000 off of MSRP??

Sorry for all the questions, but I am in need of a car and I liked the new design for the GS a lot. Hope you can share some info on the dealerships who are willing to make deals, thx. :D
    Here in Southern California. I got mine last week for about $3700 off MSRP from Lexus of Glendale. The salesperson also told me Longo Lexus was now going $3000 off MSRP as well. Longo Lexus first quoted me $2000 off MSRP. Orange County dealerships were not as generous but were quoting about 1750 off MSRP via email blasts. I believe some people were lucky enough to get $4000 off MSRP in the San Franciso area. Mine was the non Nav no ML version but he was willing to do the same deal for the Nav version with ML.
  • damienwgdamienwg Posts: 39
    What is the formula for determining monthly lease payments?
  • The best they are offering here in SF area is $1000 off MSRP for the GS 300. GS 430 only $500. There is also no AWD here....is it true that people have bought the GS 300 AWD already.
  • mks4mks4 Posts: 6
    Hi, I need some advice, I currently have an 2001 Rx 300 w/ 37,000 miles valued on Kellys for 22,450, lexus dealer in tennessee is willing to give me 25,000 for the car, but thats about it, I would have to pay MSRP of GS300, with an AWD basically fully loaded with tourmaline wheels and Xm radio, it comes to about 54,700USD. I have called around but this seems to be the best I can do? Any thoughts, I would be grateful- Thanks- MKS4
  • bigzip1bigzip1 Posts: 5
    That sound like a good trade-in offer to me. I had to pay MSRP for my GS300 AWD with no trade.
  • mks4mks4 Posts: 6
    Hey thanks for the advice, how are you liking your car?
  • bigzip1bigzip1 Posts: 5
    Love it! No regrets.
    hotshot888,

I beleive dmcmahon posted in message #1894 that he got the GS 300 with everything but Nav and ML for 41k plus tax & licence at Lexus Serramonte. Isnt that in the By area?
  • I got my GS 300 RWD today Mercury Metallic with a rear spoiler for $2300 off MSRP. I am very happy with my selection especially I was struggling b/t GS 300 and the GS 430. The spread b/t the two including discount is almost $10,000 b/c they wouldn't concede on the GS 430 at all.

I found out that there are two ports in the west coast - Portland and LA. Most west coast area would take delivery from the LA port but mountain/snow area would take from the Portland port that the AWD version was delivered to. Places like Reno in the west coast would be an exception. I hope this helps b/c I was really confused why my dealer doesn't have any AWD.
    Here is the 'basic lease calculator' Damien. There is an entire help article on leasing under the 'tips and advise' section of this website.

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/calc/CalculatorController?tid=edmunds.n.pcalc.calculator.tab.1- .*
    Was the Kelly's price for retail or trade in value?

2000 Boxster S
  • kmg68kmg68 Posts: 108
    I am not surer shere you are in Tennessee, but Hennessy Lexus in Atlanta is part of the Costco program, so you may be able to get a better deal through them if you are willing to make the trip!
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    hotshot: where did you get your car?
  • bartalk3,

I got my car at Stevens Creek Lexus. Great service and experience for my first Lexus. In and out. Brand new facility. I highly recommend.
  • otguyotguy Posts: 37
    I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an GS300 w/NAV&ML (MSRP $50k). I may try to special order the GS300 w/NAV without ML if I can to save about $2k.

Has anyone purchased a GS300 in the SF Bay Area recently? If so, what did you pay and for which model?

Thank you,

otguy
  • I just bought a GS 300 loaded (only w/o pre-collision) for $2500 MSRP with a trade.
  • gs4lifegs4life Posts: 6
    tinypoem,

is it possible for you to share the name of the salesperson whom you made the deal with at "Lexus of Glendale"?? I am shopping cround for the best prices and it seems like you had the best deal for the GS300 around Southern Cal area. If you can disclose the name in here, could you please PM me?? thx a million for your help!! :)
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Sorry, we don't use the Forums to refer to specific salespeople. See the Rules of the Road linked at the top of the page - email me if you have any questions. Thanks!