Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 300/GS 430

Comments

• No question about it- 30 y/o, 60 y/o, etc it's all good, just that at the younger end of the spectrum affordability is an issue for many folks with a mortgage and 2 kids whereas at 60 y/o affordability is probably less of an issue (generally speaking).
  • ipsadoodleipsadoodle Posts: 35
    When the cars were out only 3 weeks, about 5 weeks ago, I offered to Bell Lexus in Scottsdale, AZ to pay $5000 below list for a $50,300car..they refused,,but 45 minutes later they called me back and accepted....dont believe anything the salesmen tell you, offer what you want and walk out, but dont be ridulous..I do believe you can buy for $3000 to $4000 off most anywhere..anybody who writes in and says they are paying list is either putting us on..or is a fool (and his money are soon parted!!!)
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    No doubt about it. Lexus scored big in the styling department with the GS. I have yet to see one in the Tampa area. Which is good because BMW's are all over the place. This one will be a head-turner.
  • soulundersoulunder Posts: 31
    Thanks much for your thorough response - this information helps considerably. I will wash this weekend using the tips I've received from this sight. I'd like my car to look show room new for many years to come. The black really is elegant, just creates a little extra work on my part.
    Care to recommend a car wash solution? Or does it really matter. There are zillions in the stores - just wonder if anyone has had better (or worse) results with one brand or another.
    One final car care question. What type of rag, sponge, mit, towel would you recommend washing the car with?
  • Thats a load of bullshale- $5000 below MSRP on a hot new lexus that's been out for just a few weeks is garbage, sorry. You're wasting our time.
  • phaedrus3phaedrus3 Posts: 5
    Can't say enough about the Zaino products. My 5-year old GS looks brand new. I always wash it by hand and apply a new coat of Zaino every 6 months. Goes on super easy and looks amazing. It's not cheap, but it is worth it. I credit Edmunds for turning me on to it 5 years ago. Check the link below and browse around. You'll want Z5 for the scratches.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc
  • I am also on a corvette forum and they swear by Zaino but I recall reading that its a big long process with applying it, how do you do it and how long does it take?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Zaino has been a hot topic - literally :) - in our Forums since they began 7 or 8 years ago. If you want to check it out, here's a link: Zaino Polishes/Products.

Enjoy!
  • ipsadoodleipsadoodle Posts: 35
    you dont know the truth when you hear it...my experience was exactly what I stated..why did I not buy there...because when I called my dealer in Md....he matched the deal to save my business..plus he is selling my son in law a 430 for $2500 over cost which is about $4500 under list.I am 80..a former dealer and know more than you..I spent my life in negotiations.it just takes patience and shopping...
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    Just about any car wash solution available in stores that is specifically designed for cars is good. But I do prefer a liquid, I try to stay away from the powder car wash detergent variety.

to wash the car, I would recommend a wash mitt.
    Once again thanks much for all your help. Are Zaino products ordered strictly on-line?
  • sapparosapparo Posts: 68
    Zaino Schmaino. Overrated but good. FinishFirst cheaper and better (more durable, less steps, best kept secret). I e-mailed Zaino to say this product was better and they never replied back. They're afraid to comment on a superior competitor. Both are true synthetics.
    Price is less of a concern than waiting for stuff to be shipped. Can you find FinishFirst in the store? Looked around earlier today; don't recall seeing that particular brand. My brother swears by Zaino (and many more on this sight), but he did mention its a three step process - a little more work than I bargained for.
  • statmanstatman Posts: 12
    Silver is very easy to maintain. I plan on bringing mine to a car wash most of the time. I would hand wash a black car. I like the black interior but it does show lots of dust, shoe marks on the sides of the doors (when you get in an out) and dirt on the mats. Even the wood trim seems to get dusty. I keep a micro fiber cloth in the car and use a california duster (small one) on the dash. I have not used any chemicals on the interior yet so I can't give you any recommendations. I have used Armor All leather care before with good results on other cars. The leather seats seem easy to care for.
  • raid10raid10 Posts: 2
    My 2006 GS430 Black/Chasmere will be arriving tomorrow May 19th. I have already found a mess grill for the front top and bottom, looks good. I plan on using the Lexus care kit with soap and wax recommended and tested by Lexus. I have also got a contact from my dealer for a detailer that uses recommended products. Cannot wait to drive it around. Does the 2006 430 require 91 Octane? link title
  • Congrats! -tell me, what's a mess grill?
  • raid10raid10 Posts: 2
    Follow the link embedded in my message. There is a picture of the mess grill. It basically looks like the "V" sports model grills on the Cadilac line
  • kmg68kmg68 Posts: 108
    "you dont know the truth when you hear it...my experience was exactly what I stated..why did I not buy there...because when I called my dealer in Md....he matched the deal to save my business..plus he is selling my son in law a 430 for $2500 over cost which is about $4500 under list.I am 80..a former dealer and know more than you..I spent my life in negotiations.it just takes patience and shopping..."

I, for one, appreciate your response and the information that you have shared. I believe that there are better deals to be had, and that it is all about how willing you are to be patient and negotiate.
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    "Congrats! -tell me, what's a mess grill? "

He/she means a wire *MESH* grille.
  • hydroman1hydroman1 Posts: 7
    I don't know much about washing Porches, BMWs, MBs, and the like. But, in my 35 years of car ownership, I have not found a better protective finish that Johnson Paste Wax. That's correct, the inexpensive stuff your grandmother used on her wooden floors. It's easy to apply, but nearly impossible to buff. In fact, I dont invest much time or elbow grease in the car's shine until after a couple of washings. Once it's done, water will bead up and roll off the car for more than a year - just like a duck's back.
  • redbabyredbaby Posts: 3
    ipsadoodle: I took delivery of my Matador Red AWD two weeks ago, perhaps not as sweet as $5K off but close to $4K off. Probably have one of the first AWDs in the streets of sunny South Florida.
    I went for my second test drive today of the GS430 and was quite impressed with the gorgeous layout of the cabin. The driver's seat was extremely comfortable, the ac made my BMW's feel like a heater and the ride was so quiet and refined with pretty decent handling.
    Has anybody out there leased this vehicle? If so, would you please share how much you got off MSRP and the residual and money factor? Monthly payment?
    On the Lexus website, they indicate a monthly payment in the high $700's pre-tax for 36,000 miles, 36 months.
  • brukal1985brukal1985 Posts: 1
    well in michigan that car is in the low 900's for a lease like that. I put a deposit down to order the car, but i ordered a 300 awd w/ navigation and everything, and with a 20000 mile lease they are give me a high 700 a month quote
    I think its ridiculous, lexus did this purposefully, they dont make the car right away so they can build up the waiting list so they can sell it at msrp, and even more. I love the car but man for that much i can get the new cls 500 from benz and have a better ride. oh well lexus got me hooked on this car.
  • What do you mean? guys here say they can get 3-5000 off msrp! lexus calls them back wanting their business after they walk!

----------------------

think its ridiculous, lexus did this purposefully, they dont make the car right away so they can build up the waiting list so they can sell it at msrp, and even more.
    Thanks brukal1985 for the information. I mentioned to the dealer that I like the GS430 and would consider leasing one were it not for the low residual value and high capitalized cost(MSRP) creating a very high monthly payment compared to BMW for example. The dealer told me Lexus is coming out with their new lease program at the beginning of June and I should check back with him then.
    I hear that the other side of Florida is more competitive and if I can't get this dealer to negotiate, maybe I can strike a deal with one of them.
    One thing I have to say-having test driven vehicles at 3 different Lexus dealers, what a pleasure! The salespeople are knowledgeable and low-key and put absolutely no pressure on me.
    All those auto rags that are putting this car down as "plain vanilla" and such, are really way off in my opinion. The only thing I can find wrong is the narrow trunk opening.
    I hope you are enjoying your new car!
    Regards,
    hpowders
    Well I hope it happens to me! In June I will give them plenty of chances to call me back.
    Luckily in Florida there are plenty of Lexus dealerships.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    Lexus has a "sales event" every December, with reduced prices and lower lease rates. Does anyone recall a similar program in June, aside from what's been mentioned a couple of messages above?
    The Lexus "December To Remember" program offers good deals but I can't wait that long. My lease is up August 2nd. The way the Lexus salesman talked to me yesterday, it's like he had a twinkle in his eye and voice when he said that Lexus would be coming out with its new lease program in June which he said hasn't been changed for several months. This was after I complained about Lexus' discouraging lease program. I am inferring from all this that June may begin a more favorable leasing period with Lexus. But, of course, I could be wrong.
    If when I contact the salesman in June, he offers me a favorable deal, I will report it back here. I have to say, the salesman was fantastic. Low key, extremely knowledgeable, no pressure.
    The GS430 made a very favorable impression on me also but I won't pay $900 per month.
    I have pretty much made up my mind on this car having tried the 545, M45 and 330i.
    I will go anywhere it takes to get a good deal on this car even if it means leasing it in California and driving it back to Florida.